Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is 20 the level cap for characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is 20 the level cap for characters?

yep.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It takes around 125 fights to get a character to level 20. So not long at all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

It takes around 125 fights to get a character to level 20. So not long at all.

That is what I found curious, some multiverse events ask for characters "20+" and there's gear that gives EXP bonus. A level 20 cap is pretty low.

To collect gear the only way is to play Multiverse and hope I get stuff for the character I want and jump into their associated events when they show up, right?

Also, anyone knows a good setup for a Red Hood AI? I got bored of get my rear end kicked on the high level events.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Just run 30 combos 30 counters. Works on basically anyone.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You can Google the optimal settings for each character or check the reddit.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Just got this on PC, any Goon Guild for it? Checked the front page and nothing.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I said come in! posted:

Just a heads up, Goon Latern Corps on PS4 is full right now. There's two people that applied but they can no longer be accepted, sorry! From what I can tell I am the only active guild member. Will look into pruning the list to make room for more people who are still playing the game. I play Injustice 2 every day for at least a few hours.

If you do end up cleaning out the guild then please send me an invite! PSN: WhaleOnThis. I play very regularly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hup posted:

Just run 30 combos 30 counters. Works on basically anyone.

Wow you weren't kidding.

Since each character can only have 100 pieces of gear in the inventory, does that mean is impossible to collect and keep all the gear a character has?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got Goon Latern Corps from rank 5500 or something down to around 1500 on the guild leaderboards. :homebrew: In need of someone who is actually good to do the boss fights before the next multiverse guild world.

JordanKai posted:

If you do end up cleaning out the guild then please send me an invite! PSN: WhaleOnThis. I play very regularly.

I think you can only directly apply yourself, someone can't invite you.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wow you weren't kidding.

Since each character can only have 100 pieces of gear in the inventory, does that mean is impossible to collect and keep all the gear a character has?

yeah but you can favorite all of your favorite gear models and delete everything else so it looks like you have all the cool gear.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basically you should sell anything that's not yellow. When the character hits 20, regenerate all the yellow gear to level 20 (you will have plenty of regen tokens, because selling blues yields regen tokens). Effectively all other equipment is worthless, and I hope Injustice 3 has a better gear system that involves 90% less vendor trash.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

dont even fink about it posted:

Basically you should sell anything that's not yellow. When the character hits 20, regenerate all the yellow gear to level 20 (you will have plenty of regen tokens, because selling blues yields regen tokens). Effectively all other equipment is worthless, and I hope Injustice 3 has a better gear system that involves 90% less vendor trash.

This isn't true at all in ranked and competitive modes: the heart of the game. Its just pretty dress up that's fun in and of itself to do.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

This isn't true at all in ranked and competitive modes: the heart of the game. Its just pretty dress up that's fun in and of itself to do.

Well sure. If you're talking about dress-up it's fine, but you'll eventually have enough yellows that you can make them look like whatever. There are a couple of hats in particular that I hate the look of (the Batman one that doesn't have an opening for his face, eeuuughh).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Right now I spend all of my time playing on Multiverse, how important are some skills for that (like the bonus damage against Kryptonians)? Is it worth to keep and regenerarte common/rare gear with such skills?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Right now I spend all of my time playing on Multiverse, how important are some skills for that (like the bonus damage against Kryptonians)? Is it worth to keep and regenerarte common/rare gear with such skills?

It's far more important to have high-level yellow gear. The only ones worth getting an array of are +% damage vs. heroes or villains, but there's not much difference between that and having 3,000 Strength, and frankly you should just never bother keeping anything but yellows, because the longer you play the more the blues will just pile up until they are a nuisance.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Some gear sets have bonuses, too. Superman has one that doubles damage against villains that only needs two or three pieces. Blue Beetle has one too, but needs the whole set.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hup posted:

Some gear sets have bonuses, too. Superman has one that doubles damage against villains that only needs two or three pieces. Blue Beetle has one too, but needs the whole set.

Oh yeah, I've found those. Red Hood has a set that gives you a hefty EXP bonus for some unfathomable reason since by the point you have the whole set exp will be meaningless.

The set bonus are only on Epic, no?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah. I lucked out and got Black Adam's XP bonus super early.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I've just started playing this with a friend and have completely forgotten how to play Nether realm fighters. (My buddy and I normally play Capcom games.) So far our matches tend to devolve into who spams the best projectiles. Any tips or videos I can watch to get better on a very basic level?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I've just started playing this with a friend and have completely forgotten how to play Nether realm fighters. (My buddy and I normally play Capcom games.) So far our matches tend to devolve into who spams the best projectiles. Any tips or videos I can watch to get better on a very basic level?

Try the character tutorials (under Single Player), they give you a few tips on how each individual character works.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Atom release tomorrow?

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

I said come in! posted:

Does Atom release tomorrow?

No. December 12th for ultimate edition owners and December 19th for the poors.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Atom has a Watchtower stream tomorrow! I can't wait to see what wacky masks and helmets he gets.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8juWEPQRmPo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That mask looks horrible.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That mask looks horrible.

Good thing you can change it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL that "wutup im small" sudden move is so funny. I don't understand why he has all these weird science guns but whatever, everything about Atom looks funny as gently caress, I love it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

LOL that "wutup im small" sudden move is so funny. I don't understand why he has all these weird science guns but whatever, everything about Atom looks funny as gently caress, I love it.

I love the fact that his duck is just him shrinking to 1/2 height.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

shrink ray/enlarge ray along with chemicals that do the same. I wonder if you have to be in his atomic trait to trigger his super move

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
:siren: ray palmer references :siren:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I really hope either his normal throws or a command throw are shrinking the opponent and tossing them like a toy.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Atom watchtower stream today at 3 pm central

:jerky:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I think...

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Good lord Atom's super looks great.

So much about him looks great. But who knows how much is locked behind gear.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

link if anyone missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-t_cwxppg

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

also congratulation Injustice 2 for winning the Geoff Keighly Fighting Game of the Year, well deserved because Capcom hosed up

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
I am not sure what I actually want from this post. I have over 250 hours in MKX on PC and really love the game and its fighting system. I could not really get into Injustice 1 though but I can not even really tell you why. I love grinding, leveling poo poo up and unlocking stuff though. Money is very tight at the moment but I want more MKX but with gear and new characters so hard. I'd probably only play single player and hop into MKX if I want my rear end kicked online. Just tell me to buy I2 drat it.

skit herre fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 8, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

skit herre posted:

I am not sure what I actually want from this post. I have over 250 hours in MKX on PC and really love the game and its fighting system. I could not really get into Injustice 1 though but I can not even really tell you why. I love grinding, leveling poo poo up and unlocking stuff though. Money is very tight at the moment but I really want more MKX but with gear and new characters. I'd probably only play single player and hop into MKX if I want my rear end kicked online. Just tell me to buy I2 drat it.

2 of possibly the best if not THE best fighters in the DLC, Atom and the TMNT, are up next so go for it. Injustice is probably on sale for like 30 to 25 bux right now. It sounds like this is extremely your poo poo and personally, having bought the Big Boy Edition at release, I've gotten my money's worth and then some. It's a tamagotchi dressup simulator, a solid and wildly fun fighting game, has a fantastic story mode, and a gear system that can get addictive as gently caress. For all intents and purposes it is probably the biggest and most ambitious game NRS has ever created so have at it.

Also if you hated Injustice 1, don't worry---so did I. It was loving ugly, STAR Labs were a mixed bag, and the roster wasn't that great. By comparison Injustice 2 is a complete revelation that looks fantastic, has even better single player modes, and a better roster with way better balance and modular aspects to customize each character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
But no Batgirl, so, you know, there's that.

• Locked thread