Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Kaep would take anything for a shot at getting on a team.

He's not being called for the same reason they didn't call Kluwe or Tebow, he's a distraction and the position isn't worth the visibility.

Yeah that's the main point. Michael Vick and even arguably big Ben is proof if youre good enough you can almost get away with anything and be signed.

It's a shame but realistically, the backlash from a lot of fan bases outstrips what he brings to the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tebow isn't being called because he is bad.

Like insanely bad.

His media attention is the only thing that kept his career alive.

Kluwe isn't being called because he was getting worse and punters are rather easy to replace

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can't imagine a more punishing oval office to be around than kluwe either.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tebow isn't being called because he is bad.

Like insanely bad.

His media attention is the only thing that kept his career alive.

Kluwe isn't being called because he was getting worse and punters are rather easy to replace

Both Tebow and Kluwe had (as in, in the loving past) additional years of usefulness left in the league. When you add the intangible "insufferable locker room distraction", remaining usefulness becomes irrelevant.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

Both Tebow and Kluwe had (as in, in the loving past) additional years of usefulness left in the league. When you add the intangible "insufferable locker room distraction", remaining usefulness becomes irrelevant.

What the gently caress would Tebow be useful for? And, as mentioned, punters are easy to find and Kluwe wasn’t a particularly good one.

This is such a bizarre argument, those dudes were easily easily replaceable whereas Kaep is legit better than like 10 dudes starting right now.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

jesus Jameis stop sucking

I almost want to cheer for Atlanta :barf: because two 8-4 teams in the wildcard spots increases the odds of Rodgers staying on the bench in 2 weeks.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm glad the Packers just won so Aaron can whoop up on the Panthers in a bit...

That was an eminently winnable game for Atlanta, but a loss isn't the worst thing. Frustrating lovely long bombs when we had makeable down and distance and then a pussy rear end field goal call at the end when we needed a touchdown anyways.

Still thought we played pretty well, just need coaches to smarten up a bit if thats possible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

thats it for dirk koetter.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Good.

loving Bucs, man. Siiiiigh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that bucs team just completely quit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Because he let trash rear end Hundley march down the field and score? gently caress Mike Smith.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Because he let trash rear end Hundley march down the field and score? gently caress Mike Smith.

He’s the head coach, he’s responsible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

team loving quit out there.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Lets go Saints and Panthers killing each other.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Whatever

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Kamara is so loving good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I was at feed my starving children and missed the Falcon game. Offense looked like it got completely shut down? How bad was it?

Defense seems to have held up without Tru and Poole?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

weird Asian candy posted:

I was at feed my starving children and missed the Falcon game. Offense looked like it got completely shut down? How bad was it?

Defense seems to have held up without Tru and Poole?

Offense moved really well in the first half, just had to settle for field goals.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

The Big Jesus posted:

Offense moved really well in the first half, just had to settle for field goals.

Yeah that was a triumph of the Viking defense - the Falcons offense looked great other than on 3rd and long.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i really wonder if the offensive players just loving hate rivera and shula.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Yeah that was a triumph of the Viking defense - the Falcons offense looked great other than on 3rd and long.

Nah it looked great on 3rd and long too, just not around the red zone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I can't imagine how you wouldn't

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
So glad I didn't miss a collapse while I was making groceries.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This guy probably knows this, but the Neo Geo Pocket Color was actually the best handheld of its generation.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

How could they not? They know the team does well when they let Cam audible and go no huddle instead Shula's nursery school bullshit outside of the opening, scripted drive.

It's infuriating he still has a job.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yessssssssss

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao punt return of the year by the panthers :lol: :laffo:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good game Carolina.

Now please go beat Minnesota.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Saints are Good, friends. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Also, 7-9 can go kiss my rear end, we finally have a winning season this year. :dance:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A.o.D. posted:

The Saints are Good, friends. :)

:hfive:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cmc over Kamara was a complete breakdown in the draft process.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

Cmc over Kamara was a complete breakdown in the draft process.

To be fair I think we all would have hoped for CMC as well. Like, Kamara being good was no mystery, but poo poo, not that good. Dude's blowing away Reggie Bush.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

Dude's blowing away every runner the Saints have ever had.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

To be fair I think we all would have hoped for CMC as well. Like, Kamara being good was no mystery, but poo poo, not that good. Dude's blowing away Reggie Bush.

He's what Reggie Bush should have been in the NFL.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

There’s teams that Mcaffery would be really good on. Likewise, Kamara would not look nearly as good if he was on the Panthers. He’s super talented but he’s also the exact sort of guy that Payton is very good at using.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m going to kill so many loving orcs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Congrats new orleans. Maybe someday we'll have a decent offensive coordinator.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Let's not get hasty. Ingram is having a great year also. Yeah, Kamara is flashy as hell and putting up big numbers, but the entire run game is legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Welp, time to go to Atlanta on a short week. This should be fun.

• Locked thread