Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Well I actually am bah humbug about fireworks outside of guy Fawkes (and low-key even during guy Fawkes) - loving don't. I remember loving them as a kid but now all it does look s scare the everliving poo poo out of my cat and wakes up my 1 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

taking the piss

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

klen dool posted:

Apt for life yo, rpm is for looooooseers

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat

A Hamilton couple went from being 35k in debt to being 1.5 million in debt.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That or they won lotto.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My guess is like a decade ago they bought a little above their budget and now the property market is so overheated it's boiling a developer wanted their land.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Guillotine all landlords.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Guillotine all landlords.

:smith:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I once had landlords who gave us beer for Easter, they were cool. Also one who shouted us all pizza when the hot water stopped working. There are a few cool ones. Property managers on the other hand can gently caress off and die.

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat

WarpedNaba posted:

That or they won lotto.

Nope, they bought a place, got it revalued then borrowed against the new equity. Then they did it 4 more times.

Article (NZH)

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
The Kiwi dream.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

That or they won lotto.

Being Hamilton surely P was involved somehow. That and chlamydia.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

this... isn't a selfie

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Opinion: Don't be an immigrant or a poor or a woman in New Zealand politics.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hey isn't this a great selfie of the new government?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh Jesus I'd been all caught up in some of the good poo poo the govt is doing that I forgot Shane Jones is in cabinet again

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...cid=app-android

quote:

"There's scores of young hoods in gangs, God knows how they still get a benefit, and they're a menace. I'm not having it."

"They may not want the obligations of living in our country but they're about to learn when you work for our country life gets a whole lot better," Jones said.

As usual, don't read the comments

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/345369/budget-blowout-great-war-exhibition-leaves-ministry-in-debt

peter jackson continues to be a failure

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

"It's rated second on TripAdvisor so of course it's going to attract more than the entire population of the city every single year"

:lol:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Doesn’t matter how many visitors it gets if they don’t charge admission either.
How much do you think Weta charged for making the exhibits?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Hearing rumors that Phil Quin's character assassination of GG was given the go ahead by current Lab MPs in cabinet, as part of the sustained Lab strategy of "gently caress over all our potential coalition partners".

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

This is what he's been doing? I mean, rehashing old material's the only way he gets work at this point - but who hasn't done WW1 to death around here? Talk about market oversaturation.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Hearing rumors that Phil Quin's character assassination of GG was given the go ahead by current Lab MPs in cabinet, as part of the sustained Lab strategy of "gently caress over all our potential coalition partners".

This would be monstrously terrible if true and would confirm my total distrust of politicians regardless of ideology.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Not as many people were interested in the further glorification of war as an element of the government predicted. What a shock.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
big soldier! big soldier! big soldier! *i get taken to the great war exhibition and i stop shouting and calm down*

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

"We had tens of thousands of our own young men slaughtered for no gain, and proved ourselves as a nation."

"... really hoping there's no correlation there, mate."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Have you ever actually been to the museum? I'd hardly call it glorification, they do a pretty good job of making it seem like the most monstrous thing there is while keeping it pg.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the one at te papa was meant to be good, jackson's one is glorified trash

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
There is two of them? The te papa one is excellent.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

klen dool posted:

There is two of them? The te papa one is excellent.

The other is up at the war memorial. I think it was meant to change around a lot (seasonally?). Went once with the in-laws so I didn't pay, never felt the need to go back.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Te Papa one is better and having two WWI exhibitions in one city is ???? Shame about all the stuff that didn't get funded because this did.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

put ya money where ya mouth is mate

peter j i mean

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The man's a master of selling bottled farts, I'll give him that.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Max Key just can’t get any respect.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
My mate lives in south auckland and he and his family were kept up by literal mobs of Tongon people for 2 weeks straight.

He called the cops, and noise control, but realistically, unless we are wanting a US-Police style anti riot smack down all the cops can do is let these people chill out and drink themselves to sleep.

I hate to think about the number of drink drivers roaming around, as there was no way to police the situation.

He couldn't go out and ask them to be quiet as he'd get his loving head caved in with a big stick (with Tongan flag attached, no doubt)

Oh but poo poo he's Pakeha so he's not allowed to complain lest he be outed on social media as a racist and loses his job, sorry, please pretend I said nothing.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

yeah good luck trying to have positive discourse with a bunch of people attacking cars and moving in large, intoxicated, angry crowds.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

BloodRed posted:

please pretend I said nothing.
I don't want to pretend.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

This is probably dumb as hell cause I don’t really read stuff or whatever but what are the Tongans celebrating? As of last night they were still at it next to my place. I don’t really mind much but it does make street parking kind of a bitch.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Shithouse Dave posted:

This is probably dumb as hell cause I don’t really read stuff or whatever but what are the Tongans celebrating? As of last night they were still at it next to my place. I don’t really mind much but it does make street parking kind of a bitch.

Tonga nearly beat England in the Rugby League World Cup final. They had a try that would've won the game disallowed right at the end in a kinda contentious decision

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

BloodRed posted:

My mate lives in south auckland and he and his family were kept up by literal mobs of Tongon people for 2 weeks straight.

He called the cops, and noise control, but realistically, unless we are wanting a US-Police style anti riot smack down all the cops can do is let these people chill out and drink themselves to sleep.

I hate to think about the number of drink drivers roaming around, as there was no way to police the situation.

He couldn't go out and ask them to be quiet as he'd get his loving head caved in with a big stick (with Tongan flag attached, no doubt)

Oh but poo poo he's Pakeha so he's not allowed to complain lest he be outed on social media as a racist and loses his job, sorry, please pretend I said nothing.

gently caress off lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Cops break up drunken parties with riot cops and dogs all the time

why not in this instance?

oh

yeah

• Locked thread