Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please, with all due respect, deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

A separate scoreboard built for the dog graveyard

i honestly didnt believe you then i looked it up what the christ

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

maxallen posted:

i honestly didnt believe you then i looked it up what the christ

And we moved it recently when they redid Kyle field. It's now much closer to the dogs for their viewing pleasure!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

skaboomizzy posted:

A separate scoreboard built for the dog graveyard

They'll always know the score

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’ve gotta admit, the idea of of an army of dead dogs watching LSU obliterate A&M via the steadily widening score on their very own brand new scoreboard makes me happy enough that I’m glad those weird retards do it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It just occurred to me that TAMU is probably some sort of furry mecha

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
There were a lot of reports two years ago that UCF tried hard for Schiano and he passed, because he thought he had a good chance at Miami and USC that year.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/937451956863422464

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds like Malzahn staying at Auburn. Expect Norvell to Arkansas though others are also mentioned as possibilities

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please hire Mike Shula, Arkansas

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Sexton strikes again! Hope that dude is well-paid.

It's all a part of Arkansas' plan to drive up the costs of coaching at all other schools to bankrupt them, yeah.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

pillsburysoldier posted:

It just occurred to me that TAMU is probably some sort of furry mecha

I know you probably meant Mecca but goddamn furry mecha works too well.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kim Jong Il posted:

There were a lot of reports two years ago that UCF tried hard for Schiano and he passed, because he thought he had a good chance at Miami and USC that year.

lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I, for one, am shocked that Gus was using Arkansas for leverage.

Can we call Mike Leach now?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Nebraska's SB Nation blog

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

got any sevens posted:

So...all of the state?

I'm so glad someone took that one. And yes, all of FL is the lovely part.

Can't stop laughing at this.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Glad we kept Gus with little drama; not my money so I shouldn't really give a poo poo but I think fair is closer to $6m than $7m and we'll probably need to spend some more to keep assistants.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Assuming it is 7mil, and that his old deal was 3.9 a year, Gus basically made 10.25 million dollars in each of the Georgia and Alabama games this regular season.

That's really quite the something to think about in terms of how much implication those games had on that guys life.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Lower down on the ladder, Louisiana-Lafayette fired Mark Hudspeth.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2017/12/03/mark-hudspeth-ul-lafayette-football-coach-fired/914953001/

He won four straight New Orleans Bowls but he had a bad 2017 - the Cajuns went 5-7, one of his assistants was busted submitting fake ACT scores to the NCAA Clearinghouse which resulted in a probation, and then a video of players singing gently caress Donald Trump really got him put on the hot seat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TszoPoQTw

Expect ULL to go after coordinators at regional P5 or AAC teams. As for Hudspeth, he still got work done in the Sun Belt so he might make someone a good offensive coordinator.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/937475515031674880

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love EDSBS so much

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr. World posted:

And we moved it recently when they redid Kyle field. It's now much closer to the dogs for their viewing pleasure!

It’s probably bigger than our stadium scoreboard

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Alien Archeologists in the year 3000 are going to unearth a loving dog cemetery with 100 border collie fossils all pointed towards an electronic scoreboard next to an enormous stadium and it will be a greater mystery to them than the pyramids of Egypt and Mexico.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

Lower down on the ladder, Louisiana-Lafayette fired Mark Hudspeth.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2017/12/03/mark-hudspeth-ul-lafayette-football-coach-fired/914953001/

He won four straight New Orleans Bowls but he had a bad 2017 - the Cajuns went 5-7, one of his assistants was busted submitting fake ACT scores to the NCAA Clearinghouse which resulted in a probation, and then a video of players singing gently caress Donald Trump really got him put on the hot seat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TszoPoQTw

Expect ULL to go after coordinators at regional P5 or AAC teams. As for Hudspeth, he still got work done in the Sun Belt so he might make someone a good offensive coordinator.

They should just promote their own OC, the turnaround that offense made this year was insane.

E: Oh wait wrong UL school. They should hire ULM’s coordinator

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 4, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope ULL makes a series of bad hires and the program never recovers. This is karma for when a school refuses to use it's own name in a misguided attempt at a prestige grab.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
aggie wouldn't be nearly as pathetic if they were actually affiliated with the US military and not just boy scouts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Fulmer has been pretty good about keeping things tight lipped with the coaching search.

Current scuttlebutt is Les as HC, Tee as OC/HC in waiting, Kevin Steele as DC. There’s also rumors of Chavis coming back.

I like the idea but it seems strange that they wouldn’t let Les bring in whoever he wanted, but it seems like he doesn’t have many suitors so if he wants a job he may just have to work with whatever they gave him.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Generally not letting your HC choose their coordinators seems like a terrible idea but on the other hand Les has been terrible at picking OCs so who the gently caress knows

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well and now that I think about it Chavis and Les have worked together in the past too so that likely wouldn’t be an issue either

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Les got fired from his last job for not hiring a good OC and leaving them alone so I’m sure he’d accept that as a prerequisite now, though I’m not sure it’s a very good sign for a hire.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I imagine you'd have to fight us pretty hard for Steele.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Les got fired from his last job for not hiring a good OC and leaving them alone so I’m sure he’d accept that as a prerequisite now, though I’m not sure it’s a very good sign for a hire.

My thing with this is that in his last year at LSU he knew that the AD wanted to fire him and still refused to change anything, so it’s not like he should have needed the wake up call. Given that he’s openly begging for any open job now though I suppose he doesn’t have much choice.

I also still think it’s a pretty uninspired hire.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I imagine you'd have to fight us pretty hard for Steele.

Despite his early Tennessee ties, I think you are right. I see Chavis coming back instead now Fulmer is AD. Also I feel like Steele wants try to be a head coach again and that will be his next move.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

I also still think it’s a pretty uninspired hire.

Eh, it feels like a punt. Miles will recruit well and won’t embarrass the program off the field so they can let him run things while people forget what a toxic shitshow this has been and then try again on a flashy hire in a couple of years.

nate fisher posted:

Despite his early Tennessee ties, I think you are right. I see Chavis coming back instead now Fulmer is AD. Also I feel like Steele wants try to be a head coach again and that will be his next move.

Chavis is pretty not good now.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/georgewrighster/status/937099337842049024

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

I hope ULL makes a series of bad hires and the program never recovers. This is karma for when a school refuses to use it's own name in a misguided attempt at a prestige grab.

I like their logic of "if the call us Louisiana we'll be on the same level as LSU and not a filthy directional". I still call them Southwest Louisiana. U La-La is also acceptable.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I bet Les is only there for one or two seasons if he gets hired. This really seems like they want Tee to take over but want to give him some seasoning.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I bet Les is only there for one or two seasons if he gets hired. This really seems like they want Tee to take over but want to give him some seasoning.

Yeah that's what it seems like to me too. Not to mention Les is 63, so he's drat near at retirement age anyway.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

All of Aggie-dom is homeschooled

https://twitter.com/Travis_L_Brown/status/937509224971505664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The absurdity here has been lost in the loving Tim Burton coaching search in Knoxville but let me guffaw loudly at this:

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/937533083640885248

• Locked thread