Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

I know people are down on Seth Roberts, but I really won’t be surprised to see him get red zone targets over Patterson.

He and Jared Cook should see plenty of werk werk werk werk werk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

VietCampo posted:

Aaron Jones worth picking up? or has he been relegated to back up due to getting hurt

Last I saw he was going to be a game time decision for this week. Doesn’t bode the best for a productive game

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

As a Brown owner in a 1 PPR league, I want to pick up Martavis on the off chance Brown doesn't play Monday, but my most droppable player (Doctson) has already played and is locked in. Is there any indication that Woodhead is going to produce this year or is that backfield just too murky, making him expendable? My other bench players are Jamaal Williams (might actually play him over Hunt this week if Jones doesn't play), Zeke, Tyrod, and ASJ. Option 2 would be to move Mike Evans from my flex to a WR spot, bench Brown, and flex one of those other guys. I'm playing for a bye so this would be a good time for a win!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I was looking for a link itt so I went through some posts from 4 months ago. NEVER DO THAT
Wow, I am a horrible giver of advice and I never want to open my trap again. But I will, because giving advice makes me feel like I might actually know anything.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We can't all be perfect.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I was looking for a link itt so I went through some posts from 4 months ago. NEVER DO THAT
Wow, I am a horrible giver of advice and I never want to open my trap again. But I will, because giving advice makes me feel like I might actually know anything.

I am the guy who said to buy low on Zeke because there is no way he was getting suspended this year.

Does that make you feel less bad?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spermy Smurf posted:

I am the guy who said to buy low on Zeke because there is no way he was getting suspended this year.

Depending on how low you bought you got some useful weeks out of him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ok I’m gonna be pretty boned if AB doesn’t play this week. God drat just my luck on last week before playoffs in a win and in matchup.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

I said PAul Perkins was the Giants' best weapon inside the 5. 173 giants skill players have gotten injured since then, but it's still not true.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

VietCampo posted:

Ok I’m gonna be pretty boned if AB doesn’t play this week. God drat just my luck on last week before playoffs in a win and in matchup.

I picked up LaFell just in case but good lord do I not want to have to resort to that.

I had DJ Foster as an Adrian Peterson block against my opponent from earlier this week but he went back to FA instead of waivers for some reason.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

This the craziest poo poo ever, sorry!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Brown is gonna play y’all, don’t fret.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Up against the AB owner, two pretty useless roster slots, scooped up Eli Rogers and LaFell just in case since every other relevant-ish PIT/CIN WR is rostered

I wish I was as good at actually playing FF as I am at pointless low-grade ratfucks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Fat Lowtax posted:

Up against the AB owner, two pretty useless roster slots, scooped up Eli Rogers and LaFell just in case since every other relevant-ish PIT/CIN WR is rostered

I wish I was as good at actually playing FF as I am at pointless low-grade ratfucks

You did good.

Everyone, in case this hasn't dawned on you already, flex AB

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Drunk Nerds posted:

that's uh not a great advertisement for your website bro

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

You did good.

Everyone, in case this hasn't dawned on you already, flex AB

Done and picked up Martavis.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

I appreciate those honest moments where my fantasy podcasters will own up to a call they got wrong. This game is less “skill” than we freely admit so it’s nice to commiserate with the guys we follow as “experts”.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

the_american_dream posted:

Haha, right?

But really, we already knew that: Spoeank and Sataere are the rankers and give the advice, I primarily do news and features. The only times I actually make recommendations are with stuff related to auction, FAAB, and injuries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm above average at start sit advice, but Spoeank and Sataere are excellent at it. I've asked them for advice on my team 20 times this year(yes I keep track), and they have steered me right 19 times. The only time they were wrong, it was only by ~3 points

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 3, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Suave Fedora posted:

I appreciate those honest moments where my fantasy podcasters will own up to a call they got wrong. This game is less “skill” than we freely admit so it’s nice to commiserate with the guys we follow as “experts”.

That was one of the concepts Sataere envisioned starting this website for. He saw a need for a website that wasn't so uptight about admitting when it was wrong, didn't make predIctions just to fit a slot on the schedule (like "start of the week"), and was written with a less formal tone and more humor. Fantasy columnists' advice tends to homogenize, Sataere wanted to establish a platform where accuracy wasn't the only metric for readability.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 3, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

As a Brown owner in a 1 PPR league, I want to pick up Martavis on the off chance Brown doesn't play Monday, but my most droppable player (Doctson) has already played and is locked in. Is there any indication that Woodhead is going to produce this year or is that backfield just too murky, making him expendable? My other bench players are Jamaal Williams (might actually play him over Hunt this week if Jones doesn't play), Zeke, Tyrod, and ASJ. Option 2 would be to move Mike Evans from my flex to a WR spot, bench Brown, and flex one of those other guys. I'm playing for a bye so this would be a good time for a win!

Sorry to quote from the same page but time is running pretty short. Would I be better off 1) dropping someone (Woodhead? Tyrod?) for Martavis, 2) benching Brown this week, or 3) playing Brown and quitting worrying so much, maybe learn to meditate or something

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

on the bored wop posted:

Sorry to quote from the same page but time is running pretty short. Would I be better off 1) dropping someone (Woodhead? Tyrod?) for Martavis, 2) benching Brown this week, or 3) playing Brown and quitting worrying so much, maybe learn to meditate or something

I'd Drop Tyrod if you're not starting him, grab Martavis. Then you can leave Brown in until the last minute.

DISCLAIMER: IANAS (I am not a Spoeank/Sataere)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd Drop Tyrod for if you're not starting him, grab Martavis. Then you can leave Brown in until the last minute.

DISCLAIMER: IANAS (I am not a Spoeank/Sataere)

That was the course of action I was leaning towards. I'll take that as a sign :cool:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It depends who your starting QB is and who is on the wire, but Tyrod is a replacement level commodity in most leagues. I'd hang onto Woodhead for now, but might be another cut candidate in 24 hours.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Brady is my starter so having a backup is just insurance against injury over the few games that are left. There's not a lot on the waiver wire although Alex Smith was recently dropped.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

on the bored wop posted:

Brady is my starter so having a backup is just insurance against injury over the few games that are left. There's not a lot on the waiver wire although Alex Smith was recently dropped.

ditch tyrod then

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm above average at start sit advice, but Spoeank and Sataere are excellent at it. I've asked them for advice on my team 20 times this year(yes I keep track), and they have steered me right 19 times. The only time they were wrong, it was only by ~3 points

yall should get listed as part of FantasyPros consensus experts.

I'm only half joking.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

ditch tyrod then

Done. I've got a very good chance at a championship this year so I'm fretting over my roster a little more than usual :ohdear:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

AnacondaHL posted:

yall should get listed as part of FantasyPros consensus experts.

I'm only half joking.

Go back through the thread and make a goon fantasy pros with rankings. I will probably be last.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hey, is there a way to see the highest possible fantasy combinations of all time? Like, could I find out what the highest ever one-week ESPN standard score was in history? I'm curious what the most fantasy points scored in one week was

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm all-in on the Raiders DEF and Seth Roberts in a few leagues today. Really hoping the Giants self-destruct. Their coach is ready to be fired :getin:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thank you moron owners for letting riddick stay on fa for me to start over lynch

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Ahhhh feels good, seeing Smith put up 40 and counting in a do or die after I finally severed ties.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Help me with my good problems to have: I'm 1st place with a bye in a twelve team standard league, I'm trying to disaster-proof my roster while holding players for my three keeper slots next year. (k)=potential keeper

QB: Alex Smith, Josh McCown
RB: Le'veon Bell, Leonard Fournette, Alex Collins(k)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Juju Smith-Schuster(k), Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman(k), Dede Westbrook(k)
TE: Hunter Henry(k)
D: Ravens, Eagles

RBs on the wire: Austin Eckler(k), D'onta Foreman(k), Tarik Cohen(k), Matt Brieda(k), Corey Clement(k)

QB is my weakness (or was until this week, Jesus). In theory, I'd like one more running back to hedge against injury but I really don't want to see any of those receivers (or one of those defenses) against me in the playoffs. I just don't think that the those RBs' upside is worth pulling the trigger.

Am I wrong?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Eat my rear end Alex Smith.

I wish I would have cut you over just benching you for Keenum.

I’m benching Hunt next week though, so if anyone needs a big game from him get ready.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
As president of the Rex Burkhead Truthers club, I feel proud of my boy. I knew he had all the tools to become the next great overrated white Patriot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Picking up someone just in case AB doesn't play, whose the best option out of Tyler Kroft, Brandon Lafell, or Alex Erickson? .5 PPR i'm leaning towards Kroft.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Picking up someone just in case AB doesn't play, whose the best option out of Tyler Kroft, Brandon Lafell, or Alex Erickson? .5 PPR i'm leaning towards Kroft.

I've heard LaFell recommended by far the most frequently. I like Kroft too, though

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd start Johnny Holton over all other Raiders receivers

I'm right about as often as a stopped watch, but the times when I'm right always seem to be Raiders O'Clock

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 4, 2017

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've heard LaFell recommended by far the most frequently. I like Kroft too, though

Cincinnati likes to look to TEs for touchdowns even after Eifert has died, and Kroft's been a decent pick.

I'm going to win this week if (Alshon Jeffrey + Paul Richardson) > (Tyler Lockett + 7.5).

Which means I'm gonna lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Today is a good day

• Locked thread