Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've heard LaFell recommended by far the most frequently. I like Kroft too, though

I’m guessing since it’s WR to cover a WR spot.

Not everyone probably moved AB to flex to give them more options hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

Today is a good day

I got 11.2 points out of Jones, cooks, diggs... together

And j.cook went out after one catch for 9 yards

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Starting Doctson over Diggs turned out to be the right move. What a world.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Starting Doctson over Diggs turned out to be the right move. What a world.

Starting Crowder over Evans somehow ended up being the right move as well.

If only I was smart enough to start Gordon over Julio as well lol

I need Bell, Graham, & Elliott to combine for 40 points for me to get the #1 seed in my BML this week.

Thanks Brady for doing who the crap knows what today and not helping me out at all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

If only I was smart enough to start Gordon over Julio as well lol

I should have dropped Corey Davis for him when I had the chance.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I'm down by 24.42 points and they have AJ Green and Shazier left.

I have Mixon, Jeffrey, Elliott(two t's, who knew) on offense and Kirkpatrick and KJ Wright on defense left.

Even knowing Red Rocket is a primetime dumpster fire I still feel nervous...

edit: I started Alex <3

decypher fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 4, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Benching Alex Smith this week cost me my season

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Secured a first round Bye x2 today and cruising to the point that next week won't matter for my week 15 and 16 playoff league. Exhale.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm right about as often as a stopped watch, but the times when I'm right always seem to be Raiders O'Clock

did you watch the game? he was mostly terrible, going 0 for his first 5 targets and the immediately fumbling his first catch.

I'll give you the target volume, though, and that TD saved his day; but anyone who started him over Patterson is still crazy.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

did you watch the game? he was mostly terrible, going 0 for his first 5 targets and the immediately fumbling his first catch.

I'll give you the target volume, though, and that TD saved his day; but anyone who started him over Patterson is still crazy.

I mean, the rec was for 5 points with some upside. He got 9.4, so I feel like you can safely count that one in Drunk Nerds favor.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
4/4 playoffs and first round byes in 3 out of 4.

I can't wait to see what type of statistically improbable horrors await me in the playoffs.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm a win-and-in, down 9 with Mixon and Kroft vs. his A.J. Green. Gonna be a nail biter.

Side note, gently caress T.Y. Hilton

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im going to get a bye by 0.3 points don't you loving dare stat correct

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Alvin Kamara is a loving robot made to just demolish everything week in and week out and I love him.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Alvin Kamara is a loving robot made to just demolish everything week in and week out and I love him.

I started my season 1-5 and have since gone 5-1 and I'm pretty sure this coincides with when I decided to start Kamara every week, no questions asked.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean, the rec was for 5 points with some upside. He got 9.4, so I feel like you can safely count that one in Drunk Nerds favor.

The rec was for 5 points with some upside, and to start him over any other Raiders receiver. A man with four career catches. That is not a sensible recommendation. It worked out, and that's swell, but that doesn't make the original suggestion good advice: it makes it very lucky advice.

It's like if I tell someone "hey don't play roulette, the house edge is crazy" and they they go ahead and play roulette and win a dollar. Was I wrong after all?

Here's the team's receiving stats for tonight:
pre:
			REC	YDS	AVG	TD	LONG	TGTS
Cordarrelle Patterson	4	97	24.3	0	59	4
Clive Walford		4	57	14.3	0	26	4
Seth Roberts		5	46	9.2	0	18	6
Johnny Holton		3	39	13.0	1	16	7
Marshawn Lynch		2	20	10.0	0	21	3
Jamize Olawale		2	14	7.0	0	9	2
Jared Cook		1	9	9.0	0	9	5
Jalen Richard		1	5	5.0	0	5	3
Isaac Whitney		0	0	0.0	0	0	1
Add in a fumble on one of Holton's catches. He got more targets than he deserved, and was extremely lucky to have a TD instead of any of the other players; otherwise he was behind all of the other WRs on the team. And keep in mind Patterson often gets carries, Walford is a tight end, and Roberts is bad at being a football wide receiver.

I'll give Drunk Nerds props: he called it on the volume play, and if anyone started Holton on that advice, I'm happy for them! But yeah no, man, nobody should have started him over Patterson and probably not over Seth Roberts either.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

In my main league, he went undrafted, and I was sooo close to grabbing him week 4. Instead, I would up with Jermaine Kearse or some garbage man that I dropped after a week or two, and my multi-year nemesis has ridden him from bottom or 2nd from bottom of the league to a matchup vs me this week for 3rd place. Easily my single biggest regret this fantasy year :saddowns:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Inspector_666 posted:

As an Ingram-haver, I ain't even angry, just impressed.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The rec was for 5 points with some upside, and to start him over any other Raiders receiver. A man with four career catches. That is not a sensible recommendation. It worked out, and that's swell, but that doesn't make the original suggestion good advice: it makes it very lucky advice.

It's like if I tell someone "hey don't play roulette, the house edge is crazy" and they they go ahead and play roulette and win a dollar. Was I wrong after all?

Here's the team's receiving stats for tonight:
pre:
			REC	YDS	AVG	TD	LONG	TGTS
Cordarrelle Patterson	4	97	24.3	0	59	4
Clive Walford		4	57	14.3	0	26	4
Seth Roberts		5	46	9.2	0	18	6
Johnny Holton		3	39	13.0	1	16	7
Marshawn Lynch		2	20	10.0	0	21	3
Jamize Olawale		2	14	7.0	0	9	2
Jared Cook		1	9	9.0	0	9	5
Jalen Richard		1	5	5.0	0	5	3
Isaac Whitney		0	0	0.0	0	0	1
Add in a fumble on one of Holton's catches. He got more targets than he deserved, and was extremely lucky to have a TD instead of any of the other players; otherwise he was behind all of the other WRs on the team. And keep in mind Patterson often gets carries, Walford is a tight end, and Roberts is bad at being a football wide receiver.

I'll give Drunk Nerds props: he called it on the volume play, and if anyone started Holton on that advice, I'm happy for them! But yeah no, man, nobody should have started him over Patterson and probably not over Seth Roberts either.

You are the worst negative Nancy poster in this thread no matter what you are talking about.

All those :words: instead of just saying “it might not have been the smartest play, but good call”

Should at least go back to picking apart his website without saying anything positive since that’s at least somewhat helpful.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Well, would have won if I had started Josh Gordon after all lol.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Oh geez, I need AB84 to play to at least guarantee a win... if he doesn't... L-Bell needs to score less than 22.5 points. Everything else that was needed for me to make the playoffs has happened :unsmith:

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

In my main league, he went undrafted, and I was sooo close to grabbing him week 4. Instead, I would up with Jermaine Kearse or some garbage man that I dropped after a week or two, and my multi-year nemesis has ridden him from bottom or 2nd from bottom of the league to a matchup vs me this week for 3rd place. Easily my single biggest regret this fantasy year :saddowns:

Traded Doug Baldwin for him before Week 8. Best trade I made all year by far.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RVProfootballer posted:

I picked him up off the wire in week 2 in all of my leagues, including for $0 in my FAAB league somehow.

I'm already wondering what his ADP is gonna be in 2018.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I picked him up off the wire in week 2 in all of my leagues, including for $0 in my FAAB league somehow.

I'm already wondering what his ADP is gonna be in 2018.

-1. You’ll have to give up your second-rounder in snake.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m already dreading next season in my
BML since i can only keep one of the following players

Bell
Brady
Evans
Ingram
Julio

I’ll probably still ride with Bell since it’s final year I can keep him, but gonna suck saying goodbye to all of them.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'll be glad to say goodbye to Julio in all of my keeper leagues next year. Having owned him for the past 3 or 4 years, I feel like he's a bit overrated. Physically he is probably the prototypical perfect receiver, but for fantasy purposes he's the most boom or bust "locked in" WR1 out there. He'll always finish in the top 10, but he'll do that by scoring you 4 points for three weeks in a row and then blowing up for 50 points the 4th week.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mikey Purp posted:

I'll be glad to say goodbye to Julio in all of my keeper leagues next year. Having owned him for the past 3 or 4 years, I feel like he's a bit overrated. Physically he is probably the prototypical perfect receiver, but for fantasy purposes he's the most boom or bust "locked in" WR1 out there. He'll always finish in the top 10, but he'll do that by scoring you 4 points for three weeks in a row and then blowing up for 50 points the 4th week.

Yeah guess which one of those versions of Julio I got to experience this year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If AB doesn't play tonight I'll get the #8 seed and face the #1 seed who's team is currently completely decimated by injuries and put up 75 points this week.. If AB plays I'll most likely get the 7th seed and have to face a guy who just scored 210 points this week and will have Alex Smith and Tyreek Hill running vs Oakland's defense.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Secured my spot in one league, my bye in one league, and lost the bye in the other thanks to Howard and Evans.

Ugh. I don't think I can bench these guys and hope to win. I guess I'm at their mercy.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Didn't see any games this week, but my injury/suspension riddled team with DT/Devante Parker/Jacquizz/Jordan Howard starting got annihilated. The only bright spot was Gronk, and I saw in his post-game blurb that he went apeshit and might get suspended.

I swear to loving god if he gets suspended for week 1 of the playoffs...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
^^^^^
e: There's no way he doesn't get suspended for that. It was about as dumb a move as I've seen in a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if BB suspends him either way.

I'm 3/4 making playoffs, and will be 4/4 if Bell doesn't put up 22 pts tonight in .5 ppr.

I feel like that's about a 50/50 prop, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just sucks because that team was 8-2 and cruising. Ah well, losing DJ early and Zeke late may have been too much.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So we are back to fearing Alex Smith again after pronouncing him dead the last month or so?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

^^^^^
e: There's no way he doesn't get suspended for that. It was about as dumb a move as I've seen in a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if BB suspends him either way.

I'm 3/4 making playoffs, and will be 4/4 if Bell doesn't put up 22 pts tonight in .5 ppr.

Just sucks because that team was 8-2 and cruising. Ah well, losing DJ early and Zeke late may have been too much.

Haven't actually seen the video. God damnit.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RCarr posted:

So we are back to fearing Alex Smith again after pronouncing him dead the last month or so?

Andy Reid committed honorable seppuku for your profit. All green on all KC players except Kareem "Cadillac Williams 2.0" Hunt

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
We're all going to start Smith next week and he's gonna throw for 140 yds, no tds and an int

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

3 out of 4 in playoffs this year with the 4th being the league where I dumped a ton of money on DJ (and most of my FAAB after that on Cohen, Carson, & Allen trying to fill the gap). Lost like 7 in a row but now that team is rolling just too late.

In my BML league Bell has to score 27 points for me to get the #1 seed and a bye next week. He's only done that in our scoring once this year so I'm going to end up probably with the #3 seed and playing. A big FU to Brady for not throwing any TD's and an even bigger FU to me for trading Wilson for Brady because he had a better playoff schedule. Out of all the trades I made, I think that is going to the be the one that bites me in the rear end and costs me money this year.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

The Zack posted:

We're all going to start Smith next week and he's gonna throw for 140 yds, no tds and an int

Just in time for the playoffs!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

^^^^^

Yeah I'm expecting him to get suspended for that dumbass move. I'm probably going to have to roll out Ben Watson. I just hope my fantasy playoff week 1 opponent is the guy that I just rolled this week (which I think, if I did my math correctly, will be the case).

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Moved from the #6 seed to the #1 seed in my BML with that XP from Jake Elliott last night. If I can survive the Week 15 Semifinal look out....

QB Brees/Stafford (Rodgers)
RB Gordon/Perine/Morris/M. Davis (Zeke)
WR Thielen/R. Anderson/JuJu/Agholor
TE Kelce
K Elliott/Boswell
D Stream

Made the playoffs in all my money leagues as the 1 seed in 2 leagues, and advanced to the 4 team semifinals as the 2 or the 3 in the other one. Literally have no meaningful games next week, which is very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

*does a double-take at my bench* wait what Josh Gordon was actually targeted *11* times?!

This is going to be the greatest fantasy football playoffs ever

• Locked thread