Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

D.N. Nation posted:

They gave then-#1 Georgia a pretty spry test in Athens, though it was one of those games where UGA outgained USC by a ton but just didn't finish off drives. 24-10 final.

Yep. They haven’t been as dangerous as they could have been with Deebo but all around pretty solid. Bentley can make some plays and it’s not as though Muschamp can’t coach a defense.

I would think they beat Michigan in a typical ugly Muschamp game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan getting a better bowl game than MSU is really dumb, but at least it's also a worse opponent and a much less interesting game

It's because Michigan carts around buses full of rich alumni with puffed out chests about the Proud Blue Tradition despite the fact that 1) they ain't poo poo, 2) they ain't been poo poo for a minute and 3) they ain't gon' be poo poo for a minute neither.

gently caress Michigan.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Adun posted:

If Wisconsin won then they'd be in

Gary Danielson and Gus Johnson both mentioned Alabama going over Georgia if Wisconsin won.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan getting a better bowl game than MSU is really dumb, but at least it's also a worse opponent and a much less interesting game

There cannot possibly be a Big Ten fanbase that’s still excited about a trip to Tampa, can we swap that out for a new bowl game already?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Democrazy posted:

Gary Danielson and Gus Johnson both mentioned Alabama going over Georgia if Wisconsin won.

Gary Danielson is a retard

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
after the big name bowls what does it really matter

outside of being able to travel to the game, who cares if your team goes to the BP oil spill bowl or the chic fil-a closed on sundays bowl?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool that UAB gets a trip to the Bahamas

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Democrazy posted:

I don’t think this was ever discussed anywhere as a real possibility.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

boop the snoot posted:

outside of being able to travel to the game, who cares if your team goes to the BP oil spill bowl or the chic fil-a closed on sundays bowl?

Recruits, presumably.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's cool that UAB gets a trip to the Bahamas

sup bahamas bowl buddy.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Noted dumbass Natrez Patrick (Georgia linebacker) got arrested for weed for the third time.

Probably will mean he’s kicked off the team once UGA runs through everything internally.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyz0J8ztug

gently caress a tiger team.

I've got NYD off this year. I'm seriously considering getting a ticket to the game and a red eye back to my neck of the woods for work the next morning. I'll like die.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

boop the snoot posted:

The prestige of the bowl game is tied to the quality of opponent you're facing and the quality of your own team. If you're a team that goes bowling almost every year, it can be humiliating to get relegated to the K-Mart Bowl versus the team that came sixth place in the Sun Belt.

The one exception to this is the Bahamas Bowl, where it is awesome to go to even though it's hard for fans to get there and doesn't feature high-profile matchups.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I can't stop watching this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think Sparty-Wazzu is leagues better than Michigan-SCAR but YMMV

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Black hoodie got laid the gently caress out

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Sparty-Wazzu is leagues better than Michigan-SCAR but YMMV

I hope Leach is still coach for Washington State by the time the game is played. I don't think Michigan State has the personnel to win that game otherwise.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Komet posted:

I hope Leach is still coach for Washington State by the time the game is played. I don't think Michigan State has the personnel to win that game otherwise.

We are so young, we will have a million penalties and a few broken plays in the secondary. Offense, who ever knows which Lewerke will show up.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Yates posted:

What fast food restaurant does your fiancee work for?

No you see, she’s one of the good ones.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU plays Army in the Armed Forces Bowl. Huh.

While I wanted to play a P5 team, a bowl that we've never been to against a team we wouldn't normally otherwise play is fine. And it's on a weekend, which is good.

I'm okay with this.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

:siren: SEC cornhole championships on espn2 right now!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

There cannot possibly be a Big Ten fanbase that’s still excited about a trip to Tampa, can we swap that out for a new bowl game already?

Minnesota has enough Hold Steady fans that would relish the chance to see Ybor City

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

gently caress Ryan Brewer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think this was ever discussed anywhere as a real possibility.

For what it's worth, as UGA was in victory formation Gary was rightfully predicting UGA/OU in the Rose. Dude's loopy. I miss Blackledge as the color guy for #SEConCBS games.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBS should have Nessler and Neuheisel in the booth

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Not happy with the Outback Bowl, but it's always prestigious to play on New Year's Day, I guess?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

my tradition of not watching the playoffs if alabama is in them is alive and well. looks like some fun bowl games though

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Last year, I missed the playoffs completely because I was in Toronto.

This year, maybe the same thing, but in Buffalo.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Benne posted:

Gary Danielson is a retard

He's been especially egregious the last few weeks. I'm growing to really hate him. Nessler is a champ though and one of my favorites commentating right now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
San Francisco Christmas Week is probably pretty cool but I've only been on this job a month so don't have my normal stash of PTO for things like this.

I really don't like the matchup. Purdue is pretty slow and boring and like if their defense wins out, you have a slow, bad game. If it doesn't, Arizona outscores them by like three touchdowns and it's also not very interesting. There were so many potentially fun matchups out there.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Roasted Donut posted:

He's been especially egregious the last few weeks. I'm growing to really hate him. Nessler is a champ though and one of my favorites commentating right now

I loathe Danielson, ugh.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i like how non-alabama fans hate gary danielson because he sucks our dick so much and alabama fans hate him because he wont stop sucking our dicks lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Minnesota has enough Hold Steady fans that would relish the chance to see Ybor City

I’ve been once and no one in the group I went with got any of my Hold Steady references :(

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

As someone who has never seen Georgia play this year how does their passing game stack up to a dumpster fire of a secondary? Conversely how does the Georgia defense stack up against the run? I'm not really worried about their secondary so much with Mayfield at the helm.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

tactlessbastard posted:

I loathe Danielson, ugh.

I'll forever be grateful to Danielson for quelling the tOSU-Michigan rematch nonsense in 2006 with actual facts about how horrible Michigan's schedule was and how much more qualified UF was - but yeah, he's an insufferable dick who's impossible to listen to.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scionix posted:

i like how non-alabama fans hate gary danielson because he sucks our dick so much and alabama fans hate him because he wont stop sucking our dicks lol

I still know people who think he's anti-Bama and it cracks me up.

Also it's hard not to like how Bama just ruins football for some people so much that they won't even watch the loving games, even to root against them.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

As someone who has never seen Georgia play this year how does their passing game stack up to a dumpster fire of a secondary? Conversely how does the Georgia defense stack up against the run? I'm not really worried about their secondary so much with Mayfield at the helm.

Run defense is a real strength and I would be willing to say we have a top 5 linebacker corps who are insane at edge to edge running, pass rush is generally solid, but pass defense can be questionable at times.

We can pass when we need to but because we have been able to run on literally everyone (except Auburn round 1) at will, and not to mention that every single one of our running backs would be starters in any team in the country, most of the games we have played have less than 20 passes total. Fromm can extend drives with his arm when called upon, and he has hit some beautiful mid-deep balls when the receivers don't drop them.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Fromm can extend drives with his arm when called upon, and he has hit some beautiful mid-deep balls when the receivers don't drop them.

Mecole Hardman learning how to catch passes somewhere midseason has been quite advantageous; he was by far the worst dropsies offender.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Man. Maybe I’m too old or some poo poo, but who pays to go to a game, then give that much of a poo poo or drink THAT many $14 Coors Lights to literally fight someone in the stands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Man. Maybe I’m too old or some poo poo, but who pays to go to a game, then give that much of a poo poo or drink THAT many $14 Coors Lights to literally fight someone in the stands?

Parking lot beers

• Locked thread