Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
"all these women look great and you can't say that to them"

-Rowan Dean, about how the women he works with look great, in national paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Maybe Rowan should go to a B&S Ball instead, where "Get your tits out" is still considered a respectful and polite conversation starter

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I have seen some legitimate concerns that the way the NSW scheme is proposed could hurt producers that do smaller runs but at the same time it's hard to filter those real concerns out given that the whole industry screams bloody murder any time any deposit scheme is proposed.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rowan Dean: why Summernats celebrates real Australia.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i pine for the days when men could do extremely normal poo poo like walking up to each of the women at a work christmas function and telling them they are “particularly dazzling, radiant, beautiful, and sexy”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You can still do that if you've got personal relationships with women in your office, you just can't do it in a creepy fuckhead way.

E: which is the traditional way

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can't even smack the bum of a co workers wife at a Christmas party, chuckle then down my whiskey and do a line of cocaine. Mr Speaker!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't even do a line of coke off my co workers wife mr speaker

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I recommend he try out stuff like the Swingers nights at Inflation. Preferably in a Joker costume.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He works with Hashtag Beautiful Daisy remember.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What conservative editorials think they look like

What they actually look like

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/michaelroddan/status/937458918413950977

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fear of a strange man.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

You can still do that if you've got personal relationships with women in your office, you just can't do it in a creepy fuckhead way.

E: which is the traditional way

Yep, if your friend looks nice you can tell them.

What you shouldn’t do is tell everyone in earshot “how good them titties look.”

gently caress. Hard concept to grasp apparently.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The Senate Citizenship Register is up. It seems CatHat took the opportunity to do some handwritten trolling.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The only handwritten document I want to read from that dickhead is a suicide note

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

The Senate Citizenship Register is up. It seems CatHat took the opportunity to do some handwritten trolling.

Christ, that register is a useless idea.

Did Labor ever even try to introduce a simple, difficult-to-argue-against Bill to direct the AEC to immediately perform an independent citizenship audit of all members of parliament and provide the information in a public report promptly?

I mean it'd be shot down, but it'd be hard to defend shooting it down and make great publicity.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MikeJF posted:

Christ, that register is a useless idea.

Did Labor ever even try to introduce a simple, difficult-to-argue-against Bill to direct the AEC to immediately perform an independent citizenship audit of all members of parliament and provide the information in a public report promptly?

I mean it'd be shot down, but it'd be hard to defend shooting it down and make great publicity.

iirc Labor were anti-audit

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah Labor didn't want the audit for whatever reason.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

MikeJF posted:

They've probably already met Bill

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's that Keating quote about doing you slowly. They want to maximize the destabilisation so it's remembered as a massive gently caress up instead of that one week we were all surprised by our heritage

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Yeah Labor didn't want the audit for whatever reason.

Because it would likely refer Gallagher/Keay etc to have their cases heard by the High Court, instead of being able to say that they've had nobody referred.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What the gently caress is going on with C Pyne? Has he become some form of absurdist theatre? Listen to this if you dare:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/parliament-back-for-a-final,-frantic-sitting-week/9222410

Highlight : - Claims labor are done due to only getting 11 % of the votes in the New England by-election.

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
i am aware leunig's work is considered soft trite small-l liberal pap, but if he's upsetting conservatives just by being himself then tbh i wish him all the best and will buy his calendars (personally i like his stuff)

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
imagine being so up your own rear end you get indignant about leunig

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

pokemon posted:

imagine being so up your own rear end you get indignant about leunig

Leunig is an anti vax idiot and regularly puts forward dumb regressive views (when he is at all comprehensible), at least Bill Leak had the excuse of head trauma.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I thought we established that Leunig fell off his bike and whacked his head a few years back

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Leunig is an anti vax idiot and regularly puts forward dumb regressive views

Which inner city Green seat does Leunig live in?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

THE other night I went to an office Christmas party. The girls there looked particularly dazzling, radiant, beautiful, and sexy. But neither myself or any other male there was allowed to say that, says Rowan Dean.

"Won't somebody think of the men!"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

I thought we established that Leunig fell off his bike and whacked his head a few years back

Oh, well in that case he’s the same as Leak except without the more talented pre-injury period.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Which inner city Green seat does Leunig live in?

A farm in northeast Victoria apparently

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Leak's actual art was good.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Zenithe posted:

he's a cautionary tale for why helmets should be mandatory for everyone, not just cyclists.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

His portrait work is amazing and won awards.

His cartoon work was pretty awful.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zenithe posted:

"all these women look great and you can't say that to them"

-Rowan Dean, about how the women he works with look great, in national paper.

Ladies?

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 4, 2017

pokemon
Dec 1, 2017

by Smythe
i am also anti-vax

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Axe the vax

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You Am I posted:

His portrait work is amazing and won awards.

His cartoon work was pretty awful.

You know whose art also won awards?

Its not Hitler.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-28/donald-friend-our-favourite-paedophile/8053222

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real talk: do people in here try to reconcile their enjoyment of art with the artist being a fuckhead or what? I find it tough since I'm a big Spacey fan and I'd like to watch his films and appreciate the art of it, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Anidav posted:

"It's like the family silver."

"You just don't hold onto these things forever. Time comes to offload some of these things and at some stage in the future, the Queensland people are going to have to have that debate and maybe have a change of mind."

What sort of fuckhead sells their family heirlooms when their life's not in danger? I'm honestly stunned.

• Locked thread