Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Full card for Tag league finals out: https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/14175?showCards=1

That Bullet Club/Chaos Three way and Okada/Ospreay vs Naito/Takahasi tags seem like they could be really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

World Tag League standings as of 12/1 (today's show hasn't been uploaded yet)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Supposedly Taichi and Kanemaru tweeted that they are done in NJPW?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/937119609576046592

"Farewell to Japan and see you sometime soon"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Thauros posted:

Getting along with Okada in the locker room certainly can't hurt his chances. Can't say I'm surprised at what you said wrt Cobb and Sami based on being one of the few weirdos to actually watch this tour

Actually my unnamed but very real sources say there is massive heat on Sexy Chucky T for damaging Okada's reputation by repeatedly calling him a pervert :eek:

Also while I can't imagine this is the case, Taichi getting Vince's attention would make a weird sort of sense to me. Completely hateable douchebag? Comes out with a sexy lady? STRIPS HIS PANTS OFF TO REVEAL HIS SEXY THIGHS?!? :vince:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TAKATaichiMania is happening in late January and LIJ are being promoted for it, so I don't think Taichi is gone.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/937165781162369024
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/937142111748739074

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/937165781162369024

Hmmm. Wonder what it could be. Maybe they got talked into getting it on US PPV?

edit: guess not. But who is big enough a name in New Japan that it would be newsworthy that they're leaving, because I doubt it's any of the big four, I doubt the WWE has interest in KUSHIDA, I don't think anyone gives a poo poo enough about the heavyweight tag title division for KES leaving to really matter - I mean no one actually cared that Anderson and Gallows left, it was "oh no AJ and Shinsuke" when that raid happened.

It'd be weird if it was like Suzuki getting a WWE contract or something.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 3, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Cameo posted:

It'd be weird if it was like Suzuki getting a WWE contract or something.

it sucks that (according to wiki) Suzuki is 225lb because I really want to joke about them hiring Suzuki for 205Live

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does anyone actually give a poo poo about Taichi or Kanemaru enough for them to qualify as "significant news?" I gotta assume it's something else.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I'll die if it's the PPV when Dave tweeted it wasn't happening yesterday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they fired elgin and ospreay for their stupid twitters

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is most likely AXS is airing it on the 5th or something.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Super No Vacancy posted:

they fired elgin and ospreay for their stupid twitters

I know what Ospreay did but what did Elgin do

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it would be more correct to say his students' twitters

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Future WWE star The rear end Man Ryusuke Taguchi

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I Before E posted:

Future WWE star The rear end Man Ryusuke Taguchi

Don't even joke about NJPW losing their top stable.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The announcement: AXS will be featuring an 11 hour NJPW marathon featuring a "best of", topped by the US, IC, and IWGP title matches from the upcoming Wrestle Kingdom. Airs on the 6th of January.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made a good decision.

I then stumbled upon a Chono-Onita Explosive Barbed Wire match that was really good, because everyone tries to avoid the ropes like it was the goddamn plague, unlike an indy pin cushion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I made a good decision.

I then stumbled upon a Chono-Onita Explosive Barbed Wire match that was really good, because everyone tries to avoid the ropes like it was the goddamn plague, unlike an indy pin cushion.

The best part is the entrances and I think those are cut from NJPWorld.

But they are on youtube.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Standings as of 12/2

Today's show (yet to be uploaded) and the following three until the last two block days will have only two league matches each.

12/3 matches which will be uploaded late tonight/early tomorrow morning:

TenCozy [4] vs. L.I.J [6]
Death Juice [6] vs. Fale/Owens [4]

MassRafTer posted:

But they are on youtube.

Yeah that match is my and my others' choice for the best combined entrances in history and anyone who hasn't seen them should rectify that immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7cFGXHvqo

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 3, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

But they are on youtube.

Found it.

https://youtu.be/zn7cFGXHvqo

Still I think this is the right way to book a bleeding and explosives match. Participants should be avoiding it and not trying to be the first one in. Also gives it meaning when someone eventually does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I made a good decision.

clinteastwoodnodding.gif

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Is it just me or do KES loving suck? Lance spitting on every single audience member is fun but man I do not like watching these guys wrestle.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I haven't watched any of the tag league but my introduction to them was when they returned a few months ago and had endless matches with War Machine and GoD and I found KES to be kinda boring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

Is it just me or do KES loving suck?

Nah, even during their first run they weren't really anything special

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I thought their matches with Cobb/Elgin and War Machine have been okay

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
KES is more interesting if you're aware of how much Archer improved

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I feel like I've mostly seen them against War Machine and GOD, both of whom are much better.

Which is a bit unfair since War Machine is loving incredible but still, I just watched WM/KES and every time KES had control of the match, it was boring.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KES was actually awesome in NOAH, the only good part of that invasion that killed the company

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

El Gallinero Gros posted:

KES is more interesting if you're aware of how much Archer improved

Archer is a really fun singles guy, as well. When he shows up at Inspire it's always rowdy and then he makes the ring announcer get him a beer and chastises him for taking too long.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've never liked Archer ever. He always just screamed jobber to me.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I've never liked Archer ever. He always just screamed LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to me.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm finding KES much more tolerable this run and I'm not sure if it's because they actually improved or because they're facing teams other than Tencozy. DBS in particular has looked good lately, though he's always been pretty carryable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was at a roh tv taping years ago and the dark match was KES vs war machine and they had an absolutely wild brawl that ended in a double dq and made me a fan of KES

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Congratulations to Daryl Takahashi on the birth of his son

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/937514149139005440?s=17

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that crazy man and his cat so much

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

:yeah:

The AXS broadcast is great, but won't have Hiromu so I guess I'll be watching WK the normal way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wish Daryl and his son all the best and hope Hiromu can win the JR title to celebrate this happy occasion

• Locked thread