Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Azuth0667 posted:

What's this brady stuff?

Brady is evidence that is potentially exculpatory. Prosecutors are required to turn it over. However, they often play fast and loose and/or are lazy. Rarely they get caught and bad poo poo happens.
This release (or attempted release) came after a long, closed hearing regarding evidence the defense said had not been turned over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'd love to know what sort of evidence could be exculpatory for Cliven Bundy considering that the armed standoff on his ranch isn't exactly something that was faked and his non-payment for grazing fees isn't in dispute either.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

:byodood: Y'ALL GOT LAVOY'S BIBLE?!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

:byodood: Y'ALL GOT LAVOY'S BIBLE?!

You've spelled LaVey very badly here.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

syscall girl posted:

You've spelled LaVey very badly here.

LaVoy Finicum is the tarp ghost that got iced while trying to draw his weapon while surrounded by police.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

LaVoy Finicum is the tarp ghost that got iced while trying to draw his weapon while surrounded by police.

I know.

The conspiracy theory about that man makes me want to use the "r-word"

About my family.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If anything else, Tarp Ghost is dead, and nothing will change that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Casimir Radon posted:

If anything else, Tarp Ghost is dead, and nothing will change that.

that stupid motherfucker died for literally nothing and that's the funniest loving part of this whole debacle

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

that stupid motherfucker died for literally nothing and that's the funniest loving part of this whole debacle

Not true, we got to rename that stretch of road “Finicum’s Folly”!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not true, we got to rename that stretch of road “Finicum’s Folly”!

Tarpman’s Lament

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
didn't one of those idiots lose his nerve and plead guilty way back?

and then try frantically to take it back when he saw all the other ones getting off scot-free?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:911:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.unitedgungroup.com/auction/detail/auction/19/slug/jon-ritzheimer-s-oregon-refuge-standoff-sig-p238?switch-mode=standard

This tasteful tribute can be yours for a minimum bid of 2000$

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s the perfect gun for cross drawing on a Fed.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Wow, is that really the gun LaVoy kept concealed in his anus in case of an emergency? A true piece of Americana.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Does it double as a Wii controller?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm the gift shop constitutional pamphlet that's been sitting in someone's car for three years. Probably stole it from the Malheur buildings.

Note it's Ritzheimer's wife trying to hawk the thing. 59 days remaining lol.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Wow, is that really the gun LaVoy kept concealed in his anus in case of an emergency? A true piece of Americana.

No, if you read the certificate it is Jon Ritzheimer's gun. lol But it's one he carried during the occupation, so it was probably in the same room as LaVoy at some point.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How long before Fry tries selling his occupation skivvies?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, if you read the certificate it is Jon Ritzheimer's gun. lol But it's one he carried during the occupation, so it was probably in the same room as LaVoy at some point.

Wow!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The P238 is a tiny little .380 ACP that would have been absolutely useless against any body armor the FBI or local police would have been wearing if they actually assaulted the refuge. His most likely usage would have been suicide in a closet.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

sovciv gun artwork is reaching near anime levels

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

sovciv gun artwork is reaching near anime levels

i guarantee you someone has masturbated watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpBjph1T3Ls

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

these people are such loving jackoffs. the dude was trying han solo a bunch of cops/fbi agents and they blew his stupid brains out. he is not a hero. he is stupid piece of poo poo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol at commemorating this dead idiot

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
the gun barrel should be covered in fish hooks so you too can get it caught in your cowboy costume when you decide to play Annie Oakley with a bunch of shotguns trained on you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wanna piss into that case

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Oregon refuge video reveals chaos, anger night of Finicum killing

Direct video link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnFTNR7zPRM

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

quote:

Occupier Blaine Cooper, wearing a black-hooded sweatshirt, tactical vest and holding an assault rifle, walks through the group and sarcastically muses, "If you can't solve an argument in this circle, how you going to fight the feds?''

Cooper proposes driving off the refuge in one of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service firetrucks with others following in a convoy behind it.

"If they try to (expletive) with us, lay lead down,'' Cooper says, meaning opening fire.

quote:

Thorn, dressed in camouflage with the word "militia'' visible in block letters across the front of his jacket, sits on a stool with several assault rifles between his legs. Thorn, clearly agitated and losing his patience, eventually cuts in and urges his cohorts to stay and fight.

Thorn calls out others as "salty-mother-(expletive)" who are talking with their "tails between their legs.''

"We came here for one (expletive) reason, and that's to fight!'' Thorn continues. "I'm here to fight. I'm not here to run.''

peaceful defenders of the constitution against government overreach

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

The ad I got before that video was *perfect*.

An older guy shooting a pistol. Makes a disgusted face. Next scene he's shooting a giant 357 magnum. Turns out it's a testosterone booster commercial. Bonus: it's 5:30 long.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Gounads posted:

The ad I got before that video was *perfect*.

An older guy shooting a pistol. Makes a disgusted face. Next scene he's shooting a giant 357 magnum. Turns out it's a testosterone booster commercial. Bonus: it's 5:30 long.

Could you track down and post that ad? It sounds incredible and I want to share it with the pseudoscience thread.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Loss edits are getting weird.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
gently caress y'all whose inner lights ain't a tabby kitten

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

This is a satire of fragile masculinity made by a leftist.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The bottom right image is from an actual ad for an ar-15 manufacturer, bushmaster i think.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The Washington Post is reporting on a religious document Bundy assembled with one of his neighbors to rationalize his actions, the Book of Nay. Now I'm super curious to read it. Could folks keep an eye out and link it if you see a copy online?

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The bottom right image is from an actual ad for an ar-15 manufacturer, bushmaster i think.

Yep.

Discendo Vox has issued a correction as of 16:46 on Dec 9, 2017

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The Washington Post is reporting on a religious document Bundy assembled with one of his neighbors to rationalize his actions, the Book of Nay. Now I'm super curious to read it. Could folks keep an eye out and link it if you see a copy online?

Ugh. The one list they show with scripture and book cites is the epitome of cherry picking to reinforce a viewpoint.

Like they cite D&C 134:1, which states:

We believe that governments were instituted of God for the benefit of man; and that he holds men accountable for their acts in relation to them, both in making laws and administering them, for the good and safety of society.

They then ignore D&C 134:5, which condemns them:

We believe that all men are bound to sustain and uphold the respective governments in which they reside, while protected in their inherent and inalienable rights by the laws of such governments; and that sedition and rebellion are unbecoming every citizen thus protected, and should be punished accordingly; and that all governments have a right to enact such laws as in their own judgments are best calculated to secure the public interest; at the same time, however, holding sacred the freedom of conscience.

So ya. In my opinion, as an active church goer that wishes these fringe groups would just shut up and leave people alone, they should be excommunicated for writing a book that fundamentally goes against church teachings.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Not big on rendering unto caesar eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Let's team up, write a point-by-point rebuttal, and spam their facebook pages.