Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Kim Jong Il posted:

I don't remotely loving care, I am so happy with him.

Now we're trying to get his teammate Jalen Jordan.

Apparently Curtis Dunlap Jr., is giving Rutgers a serious look. As is Jalen.

Rutgers is, by far, the school most aggressively recruiting IMG right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA RB commit Zamir White apparently tore his acl after he took a helmet to the knee.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA RB commit Zamir White apparently tore his acl after he took a helmet to the knee.

As is tradition.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

As is tradition.

Usually happens when they are actually at UGA instead of before showing up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Usually happens when they are actually at UGA instead of before showing up.

Or at least the first trip to Neyland.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Justin Fields followed Mullen and the Gators on Twitter and now everyone is freaking out lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

Justin Fields followed Mullen and the Gators on Twitter and now everyone is freaking out lol

He would be a better fit for Mullen but gently caress Corral has been ride or die for UF

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Corral needs to be the guy. He has been fiercely loyal in his commitment. Mullen should be on the phone right now telling him, "You're going to be my next Tebow/Dak."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That reeks of an UGA commit trolling UF fans.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KKKLIP ART posted:

He's going to become a guard now

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

He's going to become a guard now

needs about 6 inches and another 150lbs to play at guard :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jcope1era/status/935340304915419136

top WR in the state who just decommitted the other day from us

get em, Dan!

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Ehud posted:

Corral needs to be the guy. He has been fiercely loyal in his commitment. Mullen should be on the phone right now telling him, "You're going to be my next Tebow/Dak."

Welp, Mullen has gone and visited Fields. Guess we shall see.

Not too worried as of now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm worried this is going to blow up in our faces.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

needs about 6 inches and another 150lbs to play at guard :v:

It's a meme ("I took an arrow to the knee...") from the video game Skyrim.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

It's a meme ("I took an arrow to the knee...") from the video game Skyrim.

I know, I was being obtuse that if he wanted to be a guard after the shot to the knee, he’d need to bulk up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know, I was being obtuse that if he wanted to be a guard after the shot to the knee, he’d need to bulk up

:doh: I should've known that a Skyrim reference would be understood here of all places.

Recruiting chat: I don't fault Mullen for trying to get the nation's top QB. With Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and Dak Prescott having been mentored by Mullen, what dual-threat QB wouldn't consider playing for him?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

LLCoolJD posted:

:doh: I should've known that a Skyrim reference would be understood here of all places.

Recruiting chat: I don't fault Mullen for trying to get the nation's top QB. With Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and Dak Prescott having been mentored by Mullen, what dual-threat QB wouldn't consider playing for him?

For sure. It makes sense, I just have to hope Kirby and staff have Fields on lock. Hard to say nah to a coach coming to your high school to chat.

Only way it could backfire is if Corral gets pissed. He has been so loyal I doubt he would decommit. It seems very similar to how Mac went after Eason.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Mullen has put more effort into recruiting in the past 48 hours than Mac did in three years.

Pretty cool, huh?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
The Gators 247 guy said Corral was caught off guard by Mullen visiting Fields.

A crystal ball flipped to Florida, causing some UGA Twitter to freak. The guy that did it has like a 44% rate and in 2017 and 2019 thinks everyone is/would be Gators.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Feels like it is more likely UF loses Corral in pursuit of Fields than it is that they flip Fields.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Feels like it is more likely UF loses Corral in pursuit of Fields than it is that they flip Fields.

Yep.

Corral has been very committed to UF. I'd hate to lose him over Fields. Seems like a lost cause.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Yep.

Corral has been very committed to UF. I'd hate to lose him over Fields. Seems like a lost cause.

On the other handm, if Mullen manages to snipe Fields I will pray at the altar of our new Coach Messiah.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

On the other handm, if Mullen manages to snipe Fields I will pray at the altar of our new Coach Messiah.

Its a gamble.

I will say that Corral has no shortage of confidence though. I'm not sure this'll shake him. Dude seems to be way into the gators, and super competitive.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn gets a commit from 4* LB Zakoby McLain, and all I have to note is that his name is basically Zaxby's, so I can only assume he eventually will flip to Georgia.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn gets a commit from 4* LB Zakoby McLain, and all I have to note is that his name is basically Zaxby's, so I can only assume he eventually will flip to Georgia.

Zaxbys has the bomb chicken tendies

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

vyst posted:

Zaxbys has the bomb chicken tendies

Better than Bojangles?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FSU just lost a 4* corner. Cool.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

wandler20 posted:

FSU just lost a 4* corner. Cool.
Maybe Verdis Brown too, it seems. At least, Illinois got four crystal picks today.

I assume this means Jimbo is gone? (sorry, can't keep pace with the coaching carousel thread)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

gvibes posted:

Maybe Verdis Brown too, it seems. At least, Illinois got four crystal picks today.

I assume this means Jimbo is gone? (sorry, can't keep pace with the coaching carousel thread)

Yup, he decommits. Up to 3 tonight, weeeeeeeee!

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

wandler20 posted:

Yup, he decommits. Up to 3 tonight, weeeeeeeee!
Looks like Griffith to Notre Dame.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

If you've been here long enough you know that certain recruiting sites can favor or not favor your team. I've long been a proponent that Scout has forever been the worst at doing VT and virtually never ranked VT guys higher than other sites and very often ranked them significantly lower. I've long asserted that they also put essentially no effort into ranking the mid-Atlantic which is obviously VT's bread and butter. They have been a constant anchor on VT recruiting since their inception.

To that, 247 has dropped Scout from their composite ranking (CBS bought 247 a couple years ago and bought Scout last year and has kinda-sorta merged the two) so we're now left with 247, Rivals, and ESPN's rankings being averaged.

The result for VT? They've jumped from the #24 class to #17 simply because Scout was dropped. If that doesn't tell you how badly that loving garbage site has been holding back perceptions of VT recruiting nothing will.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 30, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Scout is just garbage in general and has been for a long time. IMO 247 is easily the best site for individual team recruiting. But then I really only follow them in regards to SEC schools so it might be different for other conferences.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Scout is just garbage in general and has been for a long time. IMO 247 is easily the best site for individual team recruiting. But then I really only follow them in regards to SEC schools so it might be different for other conferences.

Scout spends more time and effort doing the West Coast. The areas VT recruits in the most are where they spend the least time evaluating. I'm sure some schools will take a hit in the rankings for this because Scout did well for their average.

Still, one site being dumped and VT skyrocketing up 7 spots just affirms to me how unbelievably lovely they were for VT. It's solid confirmation of a very old theory amongst people who follow VT recruiting.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Some dumb 4* Penn State RB/DB recruit was arrested for robbing a Wawa in South Philadelphia.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa offered Bob Stoops’ son. I have no idea if he’s any good but a second generation of Stoops at Iowa would be kinda cool. Maybe if this one winds up being a hall of fame coach we can actually hire him.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

Iowa offered Bob Stoops’ son. I have no idea if he’s any good but a second generation of Stoops at Iowa would be kinda cool. Maybe if this one winds up being a hall of fame coach we can actually hire him.

depends on how long Brian Ferentz wants to coach, I imagine.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Crotch Bat posted:

To that, 247 has dropped Scout from their composite ranking (CBS bought 247 a couple years ago and bought Scout last year and has kinda-sorta merged the two) so we're now left with 247, Rivals, and ESPN's rankings being averaged.

They really should drop the ESPN ranking because nobody is actually doing those rankings anymore. Tom Luginbill is literally the only 'recruiting guy' they have left, and he's in studio 99% of the time. Everyone else that was there is either fired or moved to part-time freelance.

And then with Rivals, they lost a huge chunk of funding when their Under Armour deal went away. So they've also cut back on their bandwidth to evaluate kids.

247Sports is the only site that's operating at full steam, but even they had to fire their best evaluator early this year on account of doing something very, very stupid relative to Big XII recruiting because he's a petulant child. And when they acquired Scout, those guys (the ones they didn't lay off) are pretty salty and have just been coasting for the most part. So basically, there aren't any real influencers in that space right now that people can copy from.

Of all years, this is the best year to just go to Hudl, watch kids' tapes and make your own best guess at it. Your opinion (or anyone here, really) is just as valid as anyone left that's receiving a paycheck to evaluate players at the moment.

Doronin fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 4, 2017

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I miss pre-scout collegefootballnews.com for recruiting and everything else too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I kinda miss having a friends login to the UGA Rivals boards just to read the drama but he let us lapse and now I don’t get to read all the ridiculous “insider” info.

• Locked thread