Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Puseklepp posted:

I see you're missing the Nazi antelope.

Easy to miss; it looks like the designer just put horns on a wolf head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/937536871575556096

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AlbieQuirky posted:

Easy to miss; it looks like the designer just put horns on a wolf head.

Way to whiff the "did nazi the antelope" oppo guys

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/937349511558639617

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Puseklepp posted:

I see you're missing the Nazi antelope.
Every so often the universe contrives to manufacture an utterly perfect metaphor.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

there wolf posted:

Well the main issue was wanting to setup shop in an uninhabitable patch of desert that even the native Namibians didn't want much to do with. Lack of women was just one the big problems that they actually realized for themselves.

But Namibia has so many delightful, uninhabited regions they could settle in! Like the Skeleton Coast - thousands of kilometers of land ripe for settlement! The locals call it "The Land God Made in Anger", while Portuguese explorers dubbed it "The Gates of Hell", but I'm sure a handful of pure white pioneers can tame it! I'm strongly in favor if this idea, or if they don't like it there, I'm also in favor of them all moving to the Kalahari desert!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katt posted:

Barking up the conservative traditionalist tree is probably just going to land them a swat on the muzzle.

This is almost missing the top right dude at a con over the weekend. Friday night, he got arrested for spouting Nazi poo poo and apparently also assaulting con security, but I don't know the veracity of the last part.

https://twitter.com/xylerhusky21/status/936756900754087936
https://twitter.com/xylerhusky21/status/936801258303655939

e -

Inco posted:

Is that one on the top left the same dude who got arrested, stripped down, and taken to Chicago Jail

Top left is Foxler, or Fox Hitler. He's like, no joke, an animal abuser. And quite likely a child abuser

Mercedes Colomar has a new favorite as of 06:58 on Dec 4, 2017

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

This must be the most innocuous use of "I'm just saying" on Twitter in like five years.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Knormal posted:

This must be the most innocuous use of "I'm just saying" on Twitter in like five years.

He tried to make science fun again, then sucked all the fun back out by being an massive douche.

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005

Ularg posted:

And it also makes it twice as hard to scalp them.

I'd rather think of it as getting twice the scalps. One real and one synthetic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

ilmucche posted:

He tried to make science fun again, then sucked all the fun back out by being an massive douche.
Oh agreed, but "I'm just saying" is like the postscript counterpart to "I'm not racist, but..." nowadays. That tweet of his was refreshing, if not still hella anal about science.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ilmucche posted:

Oh my god. Can you guys believe what benign thing Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted this time?

Doesn’t it just piss you off?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Manuel Calavera posted:

Top left is Foxler, or Fox Hitler. He's like, no joke, an animal abuser. And quite likely a child abuser

General Sherman left us too soon. Only righteous fire can save us now.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katt posted:

General Sherman left us too soon. Only righteous fire can save us now.

http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly060315a.htm

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Those long faces looked familiar.

Finally I have the artist for this one. I love his stuff.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Brought to you because I keep forgetting to insubscribe from Cracked:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Seanbaby writes for cracked occasionally, which is more than enough to keep tabs on them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Zesty posted:

Oh my god. Can you guys believe what benign thing Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted this time?

Doesn’t it just piss you off?

This but trump.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cracked used to be interesting and funny enough but once lots of their articles started to have messages they stopped being funny or interesting

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

ilmucche posted:

I caught one of his shows on TV once, until then only having known him as a humorless social media idiot, and with editing and a script, he's not bad at all. Twitter was a mistake

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

hackbunny posted:

Twitter was a mistake

This sums up most of the thread, really.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

grittyreboot posted:

Brought to you because I keep forgetting to insubscribe from Cracked:

Wow that’s sad. Guess Jack O’Brien was the only thing keeping the place half decent.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Seanbaby writes for cracked occasionally, which is more than enough to keep tabs on them.

This guy gets it. Though it's super awesome that all their old articles are broken on their dumb new layout

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cracked was pretty much always terrible and you just eventually grow out of thinking it's funny or has anything much to say.Their funniest article anti-clickbait listicle that was filled with "it's different when we did it". Their insistence that every article be as smugly titled as possible was pretty grating. "6 cool facts about trees you definitely didn't know you stupid piece of poo poo"

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I've enjoyed quite a few of their Real Life or Real Experiences or whatever those articles are called.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nuclear War posted:

I've enjoyed quite a few of their Real Life or Real Experiences or whatever those articles are called.

Those are probably their best material. They had a really good one where they interviewed a Vietnam vet. Specifically, a former Viet Cong fighter.

It was mostly about how the VC were hardly the masters of the jungle that they're often portrayed as (especially since most of them were from the mountainous north and didn't actually grow up in the jungles they were fighting in) and consisted of a lot of scared, inexperienced kids who had no idea about the politics behind the war.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I love this picture so loving much. I wish I had as much faith in anything as that person does in Garfield to get those ISIS rats.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Don't be so mad at Warren. Maybe she's not fluent enough in English to read such a large bill and it's not easily translatable in her tribal dialect

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Elizabeth Warren can't read. She used her Native American heritage to sail through without actually attending any classes.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

chitoryu12 posted:

Those are probably their best material. They had a really good one where they interviewed a Vietnam vet. Specifically, a former Viet Cong fighter.

It was mostly about how the VC were hardly the masters of the jungle that they're often portrayed as (especially since most of them were from the mountainous north and didn't actually grow up in the jungles they were fighting in) and consisted of a lot of scared, inexperienced kids who had no idea about the politics behind the war.

Yeah those were always the best ones. And in cracked's defense they pre dated the click baity type stuff, it was "10 things you didn't know about being homeless" not " You won't believe these crazy tips for being homeless!" so I kind of give them a pass.

Granted I haven't read cracked in a while so I don't know what they're up to these days.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Man, LOB posts that are less than 5 separate paragraphs really scares me at first glance.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BigglesSWE posted:

Man, LOB posts that are less than 5 separate paragraphs really scares me at first glance.

:same:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I just saw those and a small voice in my head said "grandpa no...we're trying to have a nice thanksgiving".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Cracked's podcasting efforts and some of their video series are still good.

Anything that actually sticks to just pop culture or doing over the top analysis of stuff that's not important to the world is worth watching, like the After Hours series.

And the now seemingly regular "Some News" show they do with Cody Johnston is good.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Again, Seanbaby is pretty much required reading. This article about Trump, for instance:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-stupidest-people-planet-are-all-donald-trump/

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My theory is that The Daily Show with Jon Stewart broke the funnybones of an entire generation of potential humorists; it was lightning in a bottle as the various attempts to replicate or continue it have shown but it made people think that their comedy needed to be real and important and that they were supposed to be the voice of something or the other. It's really hard work to make wry bemusement actually entertaining and most of the people trying to pull it off don't have the skillset. One of the reasons that Seanbaby still stands out at Cracked is that his voice is significantly different than the usual tenor of their article writers who generally speaking seem to be trying to pull off Exasperated Jon from some of the Daily Show reports.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Don't be so mad at Warren. Maybe she's not fluent enough in English to read such a large bill and it's not easily translatable in her tribal dialect

Ooh, the racists are bring in the "dialect not language" card. Been a while since I've seen that one.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The idea of bringing the "tribal dialect" nonsense to someone who may or may not be Cherokee, of all things. :hist101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

NorgLyle posted:

My theory is that The Daily Show with Jon Stewart broke the funnybones of an entire generation of potential humorists; it was lightning in a bottle as the various attempts to replicate or continue it have shown but it made people think that their comedy needed to be real and important and that they were supposed to be the voice of something or the other. It's really hard work to make wry bemusement actually entertaining and most of the people trying to pull it off don't have the skillset. One of the reasons that Seanbaby still stands out at Cracked is that his voice is significantly different than the usual tenor of their article writers who generally speaking seem to be trying to pull off Exasperated Jon from some of the Daily Show reports.

Even Comedy Central itself, how many "funny man does news" shows do they have now? How many of their shows don't even do news but still follow that same kind of format?