Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

fishmech posted:

those were the 1995 VHS/LaserDisc release. they both work from the same source materials but since the laserdisc has better color resolution and supports anamorphic for the widescreen it's the better version to get. collectors call them the "faces trilogy" for the obvious reason. they're basically the best version out there if you really can't stand the special edition.

http://lwlies.com/interviews/gareth-edwards-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

ILM apparently has a 4K remaster that they’re just sitting on, so I guess turbonerds have a dog in the fight now re: Disney buying Fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Where's the computer for when you have thread problems?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

Where's the computer for when you have thread problems?

zdr?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Ator posted:

im still on windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials no longer works :(

do i finally need to upgrade? i dont wanna :(

also is it really 200 bux to get the pro version of win 10 just to get the ability to turn off msft surveillance?

telemetry isn't surveillance stop being a schween and the stuff you want is under the enterprise sku anyway so dehumanize yourself and face to home edition

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

telemetry isn't surveillance stop being a schween and the stuff you want is under the enterprise sku anyway so dehumanize yourself and face to home edition

i refuse to make windows better :colbert:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Agile Vector posted:

i refuse to make windows better :colbert:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i have a dell r610 with a perc h700i that is booting very slowly after os installation

it takes upwards of three minutes to reach the perc configuration utility, at which point i can't do anything because my keyboard inputs aren't recognized

i've tried clearing nvram, reseating the card, and reseating the cache module, none of which have worked

any ideas? this is extremely frustrating

e: i should add the card's also on the latest firmware (12.10.7-0001)

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

RISCy Business posted:

i have a dell r610 with a perc h700i that is booting very slowly after os installation

it takes upwards of three minutes to reach the perc configuration utility, at which point i can't do anything because my keyboard inputs aren't recognized

i've tried clearing nvram, reseating the card, and reseating the cache module, none of which have worked

any ideas? this is extremely frustrating

e: i should add the card's also on the latest firmware (12.10.7-0001)

power drain? thats usually what the hp/dell server hardware support people will tell you to do if a firmware update doesn't work. Might want to try updating the system BIOS and DRAC, it never hurts.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
how do i allow CORS on a local html file on windows 7?

i have a thing that hits a remote api and it works fine if i disable security on my browser but it would be nice if i could just allow the request on this one specific page instead of the whole browser, but all the CORS stuff i've seen is about servers and not just local static files on win7

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
CORSd again

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
just always set ACAO: * and call it a day

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
cors is an http header and you can't send an http header without an http server of some kind, so install an http server of some kind

DOG AT THE DOOR
Aug 29, 2007

bwha
anyone know of a program besides WinHex that can recover files orphaned by chkdsk? they all show up in the MFT but don't have a path assigned. the trial has a 200kb file size limit and i don't want to pay $60 for something i'm gonna use once ever

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

how do i allow CORS on a local html file on windows 7?

i have a thing that hits a remote api and it works fine if i disable security on my browser but it would be nice if i could just allow the request on this one specific page instead of the whole browser, but all the CORS stuff i've seen is about servers and not just local static files on win7

install IIS and then use your computers fully qualified domain name.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

DOG AT THE DOOR posted:

anyone know of a program besides WinHex that can recover files orphaned by chkdsk? they all show up in the MFT but don't have a path assigned. the trial has a 200kb file size limit and i don't want to pay $60 for something i'm gonna use once ever
p much any of the google results under "windows undelete" should do it but your best bet is going to be recovering those files from your backups

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so when I move out, I am taking my pc obviously but also any way of watching movies etc for my now ex wife

I wanna be nice. I want her still to be able to stream or download the poo poo I download

whats the best way? an ftp server? I think so. at least keeps it simple. maybe she cant stream it but can download it off me

sooooo whats the best ftp server for windwos that is easy and also supe free

e: actually that wasnty hard. but whats it called when you have a thing so I have a url rather than an IP coz thatll change from time to time

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jan 5, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

so when I move out, I am taking my pc obviously but also any way of watching movies etc for my now ex wife

I wanna be nice. I want her still to be able to stream or download the poo poo I download

whats the best way? an ftp server? I think so. at least keeps it simple. maybe she cant stream it but can download it off me

e: actually that wasnty hard. but whats it called when you have a thing so I have a url rather than an IP coz thatll change from time to time

you could probably simplify this with plex, and set up dyn-dns

also though lol at all this endeavour

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i thought about plex but what if i want to send something else? and then its about cjing the fuckin server so file names are right and stuff
plex doesnt deal with with edge cases in my experience

but mate.. im truing to be a nice divorcee.

and THANKS dyn dns is exactly what I wnatd but couldnty thik

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nice divorce doesn't mean that you have to stay a husband unilaterally

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

just buy a big hard drive and put it all on there

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

if your not doing plex I'do windows share over vpn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol at all this endeavour

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

probably filezilla server

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
dyndns is paid so use one of a hojillion scripts to update a Cloudflare DNS entry every 15 minutes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

dyndns is paid so use one of a hojillion scripts to update a Cloudflare DNS entry every 15 minutes

did they remove free *.dyndns.com domains?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cinci zoo sniper posted:

did they remove free *.dyndns.com domains?
many years ago

but if you use plex you don't need to also set up some ddns service, give them a login and they can hit plex.tv and as long as your plex server can hit the internet they can see your movies

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 5, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

many years ago

but if you use plex you don't need to also set up some ddns service, give them a login and they can hit plex.tv and as long as your plex server can hit the internet they can see your movies

oic, and that sounds likes there's no need in it as such

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
just have her bull do it op, he can mock your manhood and lack of tech prowess while he does it and you can all be happy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nice divorce doesn't mean that you have to stay a husband unilaterally

yeah, let her get her own c&d letters for torrents or whatever

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

just get a netflix account and let her be on it poo poo

there's plenty of children's content there, and who gives a gently caress if your ex-wife is bored

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i have a gpu that only has dp and hdmi, and a monitor that only has hdmi and dvi, if i buy this thing will i still be able to do 120hz

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DisplayPort-DVI-Cable-Feet/dp/B014RWWURC/

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yeah. i like just having a hdmi dvi adapter thouh

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

Just don't and let her get her own poo poo.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

RISCy Business posted:

i have a gpu that only has dp and hdmi, and a monitor that only has hdmi and dvi, if i buy this thing will i still be able to do 120hz

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DisplayPort-DVI-Cable-Feet/dp/B014RWWURC/

You need dual link dvi for more than ~70-80 hz, it doesn't say if that cable is dual or single but I'd assume single link.

edit: actually it looks like dual link

Maximum Leader fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 6, 2018

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I broke X11. booting my system to single user mode resets it to runlevel 3 in a script somewhere. I can mount my disk booting from a CD and edit scripts and junk.

help how do I stop it from doing that. I am running Solaris 9

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

I broke X11. booting my system to single user mode resets it to runlevel 3 in a script somewhere. I can mount my disk booting from a CD and edit scripts and junk.

here, i have this thing to help you *dumps time machine onto the table*

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Luigi Thirty posted:

Paging nbsd

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

anthonypants posted:

many years ago

maybe plex is the easiest answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

just get a netflix account and let her be on it poo poo

there's plenty of children's content there, and who gives a gently caress if your ex-wife is bored

i do.. shes the mother of my children.. i care a lot about her

also netflix is kinda poo poo.. the amount of times i wanna watch something on it and its not there

spankmeister posted:

Just don't and let her get her own poo poo.

im trying to be the least rear end in a top hat i can here..

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
i tried that cable and it only gave me 1920x1080@60hz so i had to go out and buy a $100 active adapter

loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

im trying to be the least rear end in a top hat i can here..

you're probably the only person thinking that its being the "least rear end in a top hat" that you try. you are just being a fool who takes extra criminal liability to try to remain husband through a divorce which did break your brain or something. she's not on the verge of death and unable to take care of your children because there is some effort standing on her way to the latest episode of stranger things or whatever