Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Renoistic posted:

I think the issue is that nowadays there are so many games available that there is no reason for consumers to accept games with sub-30 fps being sold at full retail price.

A game being able to run at a steady 30 should be the lowest possible threshold. Last Guardian on a standard ps4 couldn't keep a steady framerate. It's like releasing a movie that alternates between 15 and 24 fps. Just unacceptable. The game does some cool things but the framerate stuff was just shameful. Especially considering the game was planned to be a god drat ps3 game.

The game is a loving masterpiece, and people fronting these arguments are shallow. Sorry, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd rather play a fun game with a lovely frame rate than a lovely game at a buttery smooth 60fps any day of the week. In fact, if the frame rate isn't directly affecting the gameplay in some way I couldn't give a flying crap about it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I upgraded to the Pro because I am retarded. Same reason I bought a bone. Well I was super retarded when I did that. Fortunately that retardation wore off because I didn't get a bone s or a bone x. But I was able to sell my OG PS4 for $200 the same day I bought my Pro so it wasn't so bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The game is a loving masterpiece, and people fronting these arguments are shallow. Sorry, man.

The ending is magical. I cried and cheered

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

you don't like games to look like choppy messes? sounds like that's a personal problem :reject:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah it sucks that TLG doesn’t run smoothly but it’s not like a super twitchy game or anything

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TLG was super good and man it was so fun to get through. Once I finished it I looked at the trophies because I thought I'd go for the platinum trophy for this very good game but loving LOL there is is insane poo poo to do that just made me realize how slow and bad my play through was.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TLG really bugged me at first with the controls and the camera, usually when that happens I tend to move on but I’m glad I stuck with it because TLG gets extremely good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you're willing to give up your olympic eligibility just to have a little more fps in some games you're an idiot, that's why the ps4 pro is not for me

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

rabidsquid posted:

if you're willing to give up your olympic eligibility just to have a little more fps in some games you're an idiot, that's why the ps4 pro is not for me

The PlayStation was barely in planning as a Super Famicom attachment when the Dream Team happened.

If that much.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hey guys is now a good time to purchase a new mouse pad :laffo:

NWSNMS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-NieR-...70AAOSwFqNZShLO

96 sold
10 available
Almost gone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The best part about that mouse pad is how bad it looks. Like her bottom half is a big ballsack.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No legs= cant escape

A huge selling point for the target audience

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Real hurthling! posted:

No legs= cant escape

:chloe:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

The best part about that mouse pad is how bad it looks. Like her bottom half is a big ballsack.

I'm pretty sure waifu mousepads started off as an attempt to no-homo the inherently ballsacky cushioned mousepad.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Digirat posted:

you don't like games to look like choppy messes? sounds like that's a personal problem :reject:

Yes. It is unironically a personal problem. Also a hygiene issue because due to being a legit gross human being.

mycot posted:

I'm pretty sure waifu mousepads started off as an attempt to no-homo the inherently ballsacky cushioned mousepad.

:five:

Real hurthling! posted:

No legs= cant escape

:five:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its really dumb how you need to wait forever in town for forneval to waddle down to buy periapts from him in post game dragons dogma or else the loving guards murder him trying to get you. Is there a better way?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Is there going to be a preload for Monster Hunter World beta?

And did anyone play Rogue Trooper Redux? I played the original on the OG Xbox years ago and enjoyed it, but don't really remember anything about it, so thinking I might pick it up when I spot it cheap.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Its really dumb how you need to wait forever in town for forneval to waddle down to buy periapts from him in post game dragons dogma or else the loving guards murder him trying to get you. Is there a better way?

I don't know but I really regretted triggering that event right after killing the Dragon.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

freeranger posted:

Is there going to be a preload for Monster Hunter World beta?

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/beta/

according to this the beta will be available to download a day before it's playable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I don't know but I really regretted triggering that event right after killing the Dragon.

Is there a way to pass time from morning to mid day? No right?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not as far as I know.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

ketchup vs catsup posted:

http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/beta/

according to this the beta will be available to download a day before it's playable.

Apparently I'm blind.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Not as far as I know.

I found him and bought 100 lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

This is why marrying him is the meta way to play

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8OBBp7c3Q4&t=655s

Dirt Rally really is the best thing i've VR'd yet. Skyrim was fun but too immersive, this is amazing for an hour here and there (not five hours like skyrim).

Absolute steal for 20bux.

iRend fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 4, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think Onrush might be the first racing game in a decade that looks fun to me.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
No pre-orders in Germany as far as I can see for HZD Complete. And the usual suspects, Amazon, Saturn and Media Markt list it for 60 to 70€. What the hell?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone get shadow of war? I might pick it up for Christmas

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i got it for $25 on black friday, and assuming you still enjoy batman style combat you'll probably enjoy it. i get wrapped up in tracking down and fighting orc captains and dont pass much time on the actual story. i havent gotten far enough to see the loot box poo poo everyone is mad about but i hear it still sucks, but thats also like end game or post game content i think.

basically if you want to batman fight stuff go for it and if not i would steer clear

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

it still amazes me people buy a slim when they could just get a pro

I recently got a PS4 slim new for $200, the Pro was a substantial jump in price

edit: and by substantial I mean like double the price

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 4, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's a good game but just stop when you get to Act 4 and youtube the "real ending."

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

it still amazes me people buy a slim when they could just get a pro

Double the price for a marginal upgrade, it amazes me that people buy the pro. The Xbone X existing makes more sense to me than the Pro does.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

i got it for $25 on black friday, and assuming you still enjoy batman style combat you'll probably enjoy it. i get wrapped up in tracking down and fighting orc captains and dont pass much time on the actual story. i havent gotten far enough to see the loot box poo poo everyone is mad about but i hear it still sucks, but thats also like end game or post game content i think.

basically if you want to batman fight stuff go for it and if not i would steer clear

The loot box stuff isn't that bad, you can buy the "poo poo tier" boxes with the in-game currency that flows like water, and they don't seem that lovely

I'm choosing to look at it as a way to summon up new orcs when I don't want to just roll around brain washing captains myself. Can't do it all the time since you're limited by your supply of mordor bucks, but it's not entirely useless if you don't want to pump actual money into the game (I don't and have not).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

As a Vive owner I'm sort of tempted by the PSVR now that I have a Pro

Wonder if I should get one as a christmas gift to myself or if the Vive pretty much has me covered (guessing the latter but the Vive is a loving faff to use sometimes)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ciaphas posted:

As a Vive owner I'm sort of tempted by the PSVR now that I have a Pro

Wonder if I should get one as a christmas gift to myself or if the Vive pretty much has me covered (guessing the latter but the Vive is a loving faff to use sometimes)

Don't do it unless you can identify a bunch of permanent exclusive games you really, really want to play*. PC VR is objectively better than console VR in every technical aspect except the OLED panel itself.

*RE7's VR mode and Skyrim should be coming to PC eventually

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was mostly thinking of Skyrim, yeah, but if that's coming to PC eventually then nuts to it :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I was mostly thinking of Skyrim, yeah, but if that's coming to PC eventually then nuts to it :v:

https://uploadvr.com/skyrim-vr-will-come-htc-vive-next-year/

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

katkillad2 posted:

Double the price for a marginal upgrade, it amazes me that people buy the pro. The Xbone X existing makes more sense to me than the Pro does.

How? It's only marginally better than the Pro at a much higher price.

And the Pro is absolutely worth it: The increased resolution makes a huge difference, Battlefield at 900p vs pseudo-4K is a crazy improvement. 900p feels like playing a PS2 title.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know if I'm unlucky or TLoU is very buggy. It's not the first time that this happens to me: while using batman's detective mode with Joel, zombies just teleport to somewhere else for no reason. They later appear from nowhere and cause a death, being an annoying bug. This is the third time it happens to me since I started playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxQwdrZMcvs