Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that Brohms buyout drops 1mil today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

You're getting Les Miles

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just a reminder that Brohms buyout drops 1mil today

Someone pressed him pretty hard at the presser yesterday and he said "Well, like I said, I'd rather not comment on any of the rumors and speculation, because that's what it was"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

You're getting Les Miles

Yeah, most likely I was just throwing it out there. I don't think Phil would circle back around on Brohm. Honestly I'm fine with Les as HC and Tee as OC/HC in waiting for now. Bring some stability back to the program, get a few solid recruiting classes in and then turn the keys over to Tee.

Sounds great in theory but as you can probably tell my expectations are pretty low.

wernox posted:

Someone pressed him pretty hard at the presser yesterday and he said "Well, like I said, I'd rather not comment on any of the rumors and speculation, because that's what it was"

So that's why it's called that :v:

oh ffs:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 4, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/WVUWBB/status/937545011645878272

comma lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/937690723603943424

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

MourningView posted:

The press release announcing Herm is amazing and reads like a pitch trying to convince you to sign up to sell Herbalife. I cannot encourage you enough to read it:

http://www.thesundevils.com/news/2017/12/3/football-vision-unveiled-edwards-takes-helm.aspx

Hermalife

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I can't get over ASU hiring Herm Edwards

What a bunch of loving idiot grifters up in Tempe

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
That photo is great.

RE: That whole NFL-style model — it's kind of like what Nebraska did by bringing in Billy Devaney, a former Rams GM, as "executive director of player personnel." Clearly it worked wonders here. Not sure if he's still on staff, but I doubt he will be for long.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

:toxx: if Jimbo delivers a national championship to A&M, I will start a petition to replace Clarksburg's Stonewall Jackson statue with a Jimbo Fisher statue.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG fired their defensive coordinator after finishing 123rd in points against.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

quote:

USC: AD Lynn Swann confirmed “we’re going to keep” head coach Clay Helton. USC won the Rose Bowl last year and stands at 11-2 with a Pac-12 Championship this year. Alrighty then.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

There are idiots who want him fired for not making the playoffs :lol:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I actually don't think Taggert is going to be at Oregon for the next ten years or whatever, he's a great coach but I'm not positive he's a style fit.

I think Helton is bad but also I'm not sure if this is the time to fire him. Especially since some of USC's mistakes are probably on Darnold and not him.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Still convinced those boys don’t know what the gently caress they’re talking about.

Should we feel like there’s going to be an announcement by Fulmer today? By announcement I mean “University of Tennessee Volunteers head coach - Les Miles”

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"We're keeping what appears to be a pretty good coach!"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Still convinced those boys don’t know what the gently caress they’re talking about.

Should we feel like there’s going to be an announcement by Fulmer today? By announcement I mean “University of Tennessee Volunteers head coach - Les Miles”

Any sort of news from an announcement perspective would likely come on Wednesday. Phil is in NY today and tomorrow for Peytons induction.

e: thats assuming a decision has been made

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 4, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Supposedly they're also considering Toledo's Jason Candle or giving the gig to Troy Walters full-time.

Nebraska media still thinks it's possible Walters comes here, or that Frost will call in Matt Lubick (they worked together at Oregon, and U-Dub just hired another co-OC to replace Jonathan Smith)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

As much as I'd hate for us to lose Elliott, this would be an awesome opportunity for him. I think he'd be a good fit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Supposedly they're also considering Toledo's Jason Candle or giving the gig to Troy Walters full-time.

Nebraska media still thinks it's possible Walters comes here, or that Frost will call in Matt Lubick (they worked together at Oregon, and U-Dub just hired another co-OC to replace Jonathan Smith)

UCF is probably a better job but Toledo is such a machine at this point that I don’t think I’d want to leave for anything other than a P5 job if I were Candle, unless it was like a massive pay raise. They’re easily the class of the MAC and should be able to keep rolling off big seasons and keep him in the conversation for every Midwest opening.

Rick posted:

I actually don't think Taggert is going to be at Oregon for the next ten years or whatever, he's a great coach but I'm not positive he's a style fit.

I think Helton is bad but also I'm not sure if this is the time to fire him. Especially since some of USC's mistakes are probably on Darnold and not him.

Some of this is probably just left over annoyance with how dumb and lazy every recent USC coaching search has been, but I kinda can’t help but agree that he’s not anything special as a coach. Hard to really argue with the results so far though. And USC might just be a job where as long as you can lock down Southern California in recruiting and don’t actively gently caress anything up otherwise you can do pretty well. We’ll see what happens if Kelly still gives a poo poo and can get things going at UCLA.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

lmao Jimbo's TAMU contract is 100% guaranteed holy poo poo aggies you idiots

https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/937717001006432256

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
G I G E M
I
G
E
M

https://twitter.com/12thManFndtn/status/937723655278219265

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

UCF is probably a better job but Toledo is such a machine at this point that I don’t think I’d want to leave for anything other than a P5 job if I were Candle, unless it was like a massive pay raise. They’re easily the class of the MAC and should be able to keep rolling off big seasons and keep him in the conversation for every Midwest opening.

Yeah, only one Toledo coach since 1990 hasn't moved on to a Power 5 job. One more good season at Toledo and he's near the top of the list for any opening next year.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Jimbo has not aged well. Big time football coaching is a rough profession.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Jimbo has not aged well. Consecutive days in College Station is rough.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FSU bent over backwards for you, Jimbo

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator
The more I see of this the more I think Fisher isn't going to be paid enough.

Also thank god Fulmer wasn't in charge of the Tennessee search from the beginning. We're on day 3 of no hilarious fuckups and it's kinda boring.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm still astounded as to how the whole Nebraska coaching search went compared to Tennessee's. Riley gets fired, but in a show of "no hard feelings" he shows up at a basketball game later and still supports his old employer. Frost was well known to be the one going, but they waited till after the championship game to make it official, and he's still going to coach UCF's bowl game.

As a Badger fan: :ohdear:

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/GrahamHall_/status/937743985761751040

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

iospace posted:

I'm still astounded as to how the whole Nebraska coaching search went compared to Tennessee's. Riley gets fired, but in a show of "no hard feelings" he shows up at a basketball game later and still supports his old employer. Frost was well known to be the one going, but they waited till after the championship game to make it official, and he's still going to coach UCF's bowl game.

As a Badger fan: :ohdear:

Yeah Nebraska had the smoothest coaching carousel ever.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

OTOH
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/937747432997351436
https://twitter.com/georgewrighster/status/937746937716936704

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Let's check in on the Herm Edwards press conference:

https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/937741991298977793

https://twitter.com/bonaguraespn/status/937739414091980800

https://twitter.com/bdenny29/status/937737747145506817

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Everything I've read this morning says FSU is meeting with Taggart in Scottsdale today. He's there recruiting for Oregon.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

God dammit I need FSU to gently caress this up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Sure they can put up a lot of points but can they win the championship of life?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So Ben McAdoo was fired by the NY Giants......might I suggest one Brian Kelly to fill that job????

That’s all we would need to complete this coaching carousel of once-great programs:
Nebraska
Florida
Florida State
Tennessee
Notre Dame???

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Poor Oregon. I wonder if they could poach the suddenly very available Leach? Norvell would be a good fit there too if he doesn’t get the Arkansas job instead

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

good lord this is incredible

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

MourningView posted:

Poor Oregon. I wonder if they could poach the suddenly very available Leach? Norvell would be a good fit there too if he doesn’t get the Arkansas job instead
Oregon's athletic department is obsessed with recruiting and will likely make it the highest factor in any kind of Taggart replacement. I think Leach is extremely unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mahoning posted:

So Ben McAdoo was fired by the NY Giants......might I suggest one Brian Kelly to fill that job????

Oh please please please please please do it, Giants

• Locked thread