Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Can I play the fan translated PS3 tales of Vesperia on the hacked PS3

E. Wrong thread

Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
XB2 is everything I wanted it to be. There's something cool about the sprawling mess of systems and mechanics and minigames as opposed to the really tight, interconnected mechanical design of something like Persona 5. It feels right out of the golden age of PS2 RPGs where there were so many games on the market and developers were trying to stand out by adding tons of weird little bits and pieces. If you have any nostalgia for games like Rogue Galaxy or Radiata Stories or whatever then this will probably hit the spot

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if yr on the fence about xbc2 like I am, Austin is streaming it rn
https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
is the n3DS one really good? I don't really have time to play it on the Wii but on a handheld I could find the time. Just dont wanna waste my time if it's a terrible port of the WIi version

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

is the n3DS one really good? I don't really have time to play it on the Wii but on a handheld I could find the time. Just dont wanna waste my time if it's a terrible port of the WIi version

thats what i played a couple of hours of before deciding i didnt like it .. its fine in the sense that it doesnt lag and apparently isnt missing anything from the wii version but ill stop short of recommending anybody actually play the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think it's supposed to be a pretty deece port, lower res textures and whatnot but I heard it plays well

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think it plays and runs ok but it looks awful and the UI suffers from the small screen . If you have a Wii U then the virtual console Wii version can be played in tablet mode

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh but it does have a problem where the camera sometimes stops working and youre stuck looking up until you reload. i actually pulled my c stick out to check if my 3ds was broke cos of that -______- no idea if its common or not but other people have had it happen to them

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
ah ok thanks. maybe I will play it on the wii first and if i really love the game- hey, portable version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

XB2 is everything I wanted it to be. There's something cool about the sprawling mess of systems and mechanics and minigames as opposed to the really tight, interconnected mechanical design of something like Persona 5. It feels right out of the golden age of PS2 RPGs where there were so many games on the market and developers were trying to stand out by adding tons of weird little bits and pieces. If you have any nostalgia for games like Rogue Galaxy or Radiata Stories or whatever then this will probably hit the spot

If you fast travel across continents there's about 8 seconds where none of the textures are loaded and it looks like an actual PS2 game and I wish you could toggle that all the time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
so far the best part of this game is the english va for rex saying when did it get so late? and pyra responding and now i'm glowing. i'm pretty self concious. over and over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I downloaded the JP voices

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Both of the Megaman legacy collections, all the X games, and Megaman 11 are coming to the Switch.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[confidently] Nintendo made the PS3.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Both of the Megaman legacy collections, all the X games, and Megaman 11 are coming to the Switch.

Wow i was just expecting an announcement for the legacy collections. Are they really bringing ALL the X games over lol? I've always wanted to play the really bad ones because they sound insane

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
they aren't fun at all

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

Wow i was just expecting an announcement for the legacy collections. Are they really bringing ALL the X games over lol? I've always wanted to play the really bad ones because they sound insane

https://twitter.com/MegaMan/status/937759910116261888

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's 1 X game worth playing (1)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo MM11 looks ugly

https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaMan/status/937762291415576576?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tht looks fuckin terrible, christ

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The only thing missing is my drat legends 3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Capcom saw Mighty No. 9 and realized they don’t even have to pretend to put any effort into future Mega Man games

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Can't believe they would pull this after the amazing graphic design of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and Street Fighter V.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mighty Number 11

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kongming posted:

Can't believe they would pull this after the amazing graphic design of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and Street Fighter V.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Christ lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There are far more bad X games than good ones

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

2 and 3 are alright too iirc.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Kongming posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

X1 is the best one and each one is incrementally worse until 8, but only 6 & 7 are truly awful (those are insanely bad though)

I’ll at least play 1-3 again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Capcom saw Mighty No. 9 and realized they don’t even have to pretend to put any effort into future Mega Man games

capcom doesn't need any excuse to put out a shoddy product

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the zero games were pretty cool on ds iirc, probalby better than most of the x games

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

3 is actually my favorite one. I don't remember X4 other than the terrible dub. X5 sucked poo poo and I never played another X game after that.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There was a good SGDQ run of X6 this year but the game looks like it's turds from an rear end to actually play

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What is this poo poo, he doesn't even look like he's made out of clay like my favorite capcom hits

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

2 and 3 are good, 4's okish except for the really bad dub but everything past that is fuckin terrible

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

3 has the guns n roses song for that tiger guy's stage so i like that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think 11 looks good... tho I'm still weary