Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Ugh I need to do a spreadsheet or something, I fed all my x-bios to finish Quicksilver without noticing that I was close to 1000 mkraan again for my next T2. I need to get the rest to 420 + 150 so I don't pull that again. Am I right in guessing that Cable uses the same mats so I shouldn't put any effort into him until I have Jean? What is Cable good for, just an SL level? I haven't heard much about him besides a lot of people saying he's the best host for a CTP of energy.
I have my Cable at 6*/5 mastered/Level 55/no gear, skill, iso, uru, or obelisk done and he took down mid 20s Shadowland floor for me. Kingpin boss. His five seems to work the same way Cyclops' does and his 4 and 3s seem to have iframes so all I had to do was dance out of the way of side attacks with the iframes and then blast Kingpin with 5 when teh coast was clear. I imagine he's a beast when he's actually leveled up.

But yeah, I'd sideline him until Jean. If you don't have the other mutants up they're all valuable at T2 and its all very easily doable if you just make a priority to do 10 clears in all their missions each day. Unlocking Magneto is the only real hard part of it.

bagrada posted:

Fantastic Four would make a good epic quest. Not that marvel will touch them with a 10 foot pole these days. Doom would have to be in the Jean Grey slot. So who would be in the Wolverine/Strange slot? Any other properties worthy of an epic quest besides more mutants?
FF are my dream addition so I've given this a lot of thought. I actually reason they're a good Special Mission stage. You could just do the four and Doom or you could do Doom as T2 but then you'd need a 5th. You could get a little weird and do Franklin and/or Valeria but I think the most likely option would be Silver Surfer or Namor. And if you did an Epic you could always try and tackle how to make Galactus doable in the game for the big slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Speaking of friends, is it still possible to get those friends crystals from google+ or do you need to use facebook these days? I can't seem to figure anything out.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

bagrada posted:

What is Cable good for, just an SL level? I haven't heard much about him besides a lot of people saying he's the best host for a CTP of energy.

He pops up a lot in high level WBU stuff so I assume he's good there. I only have him at 55 though. And the CTP thing surprises me, what's the dodge ignore cap? He has 50% from his leadership already.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Davedog posted:

Purged eight deadbeats from my friends list.

If you want someone who will help you complete your dimension rifts, lend you his Spider-Mans and send you buddy points every day, hit me up! In game name is Davedog22.

Sent a request from Grummun

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

NmareBfly posted:

He pops up a lot in high level WBU stuff so I assume he's good there. I only have him at 55 though. And the CTP thing surprises me, what's the dodge ignore cap? He has 50% from his leadership already.

The reason a ctp is good on him is because of chain damage. His 5* takes advantage of it perfectly. He’s the best at two days in abx. Ffa and blast male

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have two of those super obelisks and god drat does this feel like too much commitment. I also got my Thanos to 60 with the costume and I feel like I don't know how to fully take advantage of him.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

The Dave posted:

I have two of those super obelisks and god drat does this feel like too much commitment. I also got my Thanos to 60 with the costume and I feel like I don't know how to fully take advantage of him.

Use him on SL30 by hitting his 2* and then waiting for DD to die

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
i pulled a CTP of Transcendence from a special mission last night. who's the best character for this thing?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

People use cable because he has the highest dps in the game, even higher than Jean or Sharon. He can score literally over 1.5 million points in extreme alliance battle and he is pretty much tied with Jean for best at WBU.

He can of course clear any SL stage you throw him at and he blitzes world bosses in under 5 seconds, but he’s not very good at PVP in the current quicksilver meta

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My cards suuuuuck should I burn this mega uniform ticket on thor or loki for the mythic card? I was set on Loki since thor is so easy to farm now but thor's card is better? Do the cards come in as 6* or 1*?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bagrada posted:

My cards suuuuuck should I burn this mega uniform ticket on thor or loki for the mythic card? I was set on Loki since thor is so easy to farm now but thor's card is better? Do the cards come in as 6* or 1*?

6*

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fart simpson posted:

People use cable because he has the highest dps in the game, even higher than Jean or Sharon. He can score literally over 1.5 million points in extreme alliance battle and he is pretty much tied with Jean for best at WBU.

He can of course clear any SL stage you throw him at and he blitzes world bosses in under 5 seconds, but he’s not very good at PVP in the current quicksilver meta

Whoa. Had no idea.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

This statement deserves some explanation. Any particular gear, rotation, etc?

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I finally got Anti Man, and I also have Quasar but only one mega rank up (6*) ticket. Who should I use it on?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

User posted:

This statement deserves some explanation. Any particular gear, rotation, etc?

Well, you seriously want a damage proc on him. The CTP of Energy is ideal and he's probably the #1 best user of it because the chain damage works perfectly on his 5th skill. Obviously you also want to max your Ignore Defense, get Crit Damage and Rate as high as possible, etc.

His magic really comes out in the way you can skill cancel almost everything into the 5 and have the animations still go on in the background, so when you time it right the damage proc will be activated for almost all his skills going on at the same time.

Start with his 4 skill, and he'll teleport into the air and a bunch of light bubbles will flash around him. As soon as all the light bubbles appear, you can cancel into the 2. As soon as he points toward the enemy, instantly cancel into the 3, then instantly cancel into the 5. The 5 is a channeling skill that gives 5 seconds of invuln which times up perfectly with the 5 seconds of damage proc you get as all the skills get procced the heck up while you're immune to damage. With some practice you can get the timing pretty consistent and get the most out of the damage proc every time.

I can try to make a video later I guess.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqXiurPtqI

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My cable's CTP is pretty much the worst possible CTP of Energy so it should only get better from there. But I have a Jean with a fire damage/200% dmg proc obelisk and lots of urus and even she can't clear WBU as fast as my Cable.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 5, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

fart simpson posted:

yet mine dies to wanda in wb battle :shrug: Maybe I'm hitting his buttons wrong?

@Fartsimpson

Here is my gear on my cable to the left and my ctp to the right. Should I replace his current gear with the ctp?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 5, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Gaussian posted:

I finally got Anti Man, and I also have Quasar but only one mega rank up (6*) ticket. Who should I use it on?

From what I've seen Anti-Man is both better and harder to get, so I'd say him the way things stand now. I'm hoping they adjust things to make him more farmable so I'm giving it a month or so before I make any big choices on that though.

What's the max rolls on CTP's? For the procs, mainly. I re-rolled my Energy one like 10 times and never saw better than +15% chain and +140% damage but regular gears can go up to 200%.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

From what I've seen Anti-Man is both better and harder to get, so I'd say him the way things stand now. I'm hoping they adjust things to make him more farmable so I'm giving it a month or so before I make any big choices on that though.

What's the max rolls on CTP's? For the procs, mainly. I re-rolled my Energy one like 10 times and never saw better than +15% chain and +140% damage but regular gears can go up to 200%.

it can go up to 200%, someone posted one on reddit a while back.

Also this powercreep is dumb. My marvel man without ISOs and some poo poo obelisk, at level 55 with gears all level 9, solo'd one of the low universal stages in SL without any damage taken. A non-native T2 universal.

And not me but see this too - https://vimeo.com/245848360

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 5, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Holyshoot posted:

yet mine dies to wanda in wb battle :shrug: Maybe I'm hitting his buttons wrong?

@Fartsimpson

Here is my gear on my cable to the left and my ctp to the right. Should I replace his current gear with the ctp?

Uh, if you equip the CTP it will be better but only if you can still max his Ignore Defense.

You can also continue to reroll the equipped CTP until it gets to 200% damage proc and then stop, because all the stats are fixed.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Lol, never knew about the obolisk reroll option. Wow, that changes some things!!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
In as FadedSA, applied to Marble Hebrons and sent out some friend requests. Game good

e: is there a fast way to farm norn stones?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 5, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

FadedReality posted:

In as FadedSA, applied to Marble Hebrons and sent out some friend requests. Game good

Hi friend I got you. Welcome to the big leagues.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FadedReality posted:

The daily quest doesn't seem very good for them. You can get them in the lab store but they are relatively expensive (120k for 10 if I remember right). I think the fastest way is probably just doing early story missions for them? I was doing okay at my slow and steady pace of upgrading but combat are always needed and my universals just got wiped out by the ultimates.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WBI hands them out like candy.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
WBI doesn't let you target a specific type though, so it is more a long term solution.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

this is a long term grind game and wbi gives you so many norns its hard to run out

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Xenochrist posted:

And not me but see this too - https://vimeo.com/245848360

Jesus Christ

Also I Lucked out REALLY hard and managed to finish Marvel guy's gears with the 290 bios I got from mission, lot of lucky roll for sure, I shouldn't have made it

(I got him 6 out of the pack like ICR)

I am not spending any money but even then it was easy to roll the 1* bio from Lab, then I had 1 mega hoarded for Anti-Man and I guess I"ll use the events on Nova

No way will I ever get gear for them unless NM gives me bios tho

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got Blue Marvel to 4/20 with the 256 bios I got from the free bad box. It sounds like he's just designed to get "lucky rolls" and rank up easy. I don't have the resources to see if the other Ultimates are the same even though I have America and Nova at 6*.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
My biggest surprise from converting biometrics is that you can get A-Force bios too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just downloaded this again. Haven't played it since just before the X-Men release. I got a couple 6 star selectors for coming back, is there anyone I should focus on getting with that?

Edit: Apparently I stopped just after the X-Men release, huh.

Here's my 6 stars and T2s so far:

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 6, 2017

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Just downloaded this again. Haven't played it since just before the X-Men release. I got a couple 6 star selectors for coming back, is there anyone I should focus on getting with that?

Who do you have already at 6*? I'm probably wrong about who shows up in the selectors but here's my list of good characters.
Nova, Blue Marvel and Anti-Man (not Ant-Man!) are new and crazy powerful, you have to unlock them first from the chest or the lab bio converter but if you have mega rank ups or they somehow show up in the selector they are a good choice. They are pretty good even at T1 but there's a huge boycott controversy over the chest.
Sharon Rogers is great if you somehow don't have her but she's been around a while so odds are you do.
I dont think you can use selectors on the x-men, but it would speed up getting jean grey if you could.
Loki, Hulk, Thor and Hela got nifty new costumes if you can catch them on a sale later on, getting Thor and Loki's new costumes to mythic then doing the new cinematic mode gets you 2 great cards. Doing the same with Hulk and Hela gets you a couple of the fancy new CTP special gears.
Valkyrie, Coulson, and Warwolf all have good team buffs if you can get them to T2.
Clea saves you a bunch of time in the Dr. Strange epic quest if you didn't finish that yet, probably not in the selectors though.
Iron Fist, Elsa, Venom and Spider-man have great uniforms but again I think you need to be T2 to get mileage out of them.
Inferno just got a great new costume.

Those are the chars I see get mentioned the most, you can also skim the OP and pick chars that are hard to get bios for.

fake edit: previewed before posting and saw your edit. Maybe Hela and Hulk? Or She-Hulk if she's a choice since her mastery is great even at T1.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 6, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

You already have most of the basics covered IMO so I think you're mostly going for SL progress at this point.

I think Mantis might actually be a good selector choice, she can poop on basically any SL stage she's viable for even at T1.
Medusa can do this too but Mantis is better overall.
Titania isn't as good by herself but she has a great leadership for combat people.

Hela has a good leadership but she's pretty meh without the uni. Even with it she's not gamebreaking good or anything.
Hulk with uni is also real good.
Vulture maybe, though again he wants his uni for best results.
Venom + uni and spiderman + uni are both really good now but they just changed the rank-up requirements for story mode people so I don't think they're a good use of a selector at this point.

I don't think you can selector any of the xpeople.

E: Oh if you 6* America Chavez today you can get some rewards from the limited time event, also if you can try to finish story mode for a free blue marvel and the same rewards. The rewards themselves are THAT good but eh.

if nova, anti-man, or blue marvel are in the selector get them immediately before NM realizes they hosed up.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 6, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They weren't. I grabbed America and will probably get Mantis. I hate using selectors on characters I already have because for some reason you don't get enough bios to just level one to 6 stars?

Edit: I also finally got my Proxima to 6 star and full mastery so there's that. I'm gonna use her to murder some folks.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 6, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Dave posted:

WBI hands them out like candy.

This is good to know. I have 300 norn stones but need another 700 for a research project on the X-Men epic quest. Running WBI is what I should do.

A while ago someone was asking about the Gear Up Kits. I discovered that the Special Missions are 5 energy each and give between 10 and 20 GUK per run. So them and Siege (which gives a similar number if you use the bonus characters) are the best place to farm then.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you should do all your specials every day since they give you good xp and exclusive shifter bios and a chance at the super rare gears they added a couple patches ago

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

punchymcpunch posted:

you should do all your specials every day since they give you good xp and exclusive shifter bios and a chance at the super rare gears they added a couple patches ago

I found that on the level 60 ones the enemies are super beefy. I can complete it, but it would take minutes. And I had run out of clear tickets.
I built up my supply of clear tickets, so I will probably mass clear the Special Missions whenever I get the chance.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Mass clearing specials (assuming you mean just pressing the 'clear' button not the 'start' button) means you don't get the extra XP from them nor the chance to get gwenpool/inferno/vulture bios from shifters. If you're having trouble, who are you using as your frontliner? Sharog should be able to cut through it like butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

Mass clearing specials (assuming you mean just pressing the 'clear' button not the 'start' button) means you don't get the extra XP from them nor the chance to get gwenpool/inferno/vulture bios from shifters. If you're having trouble, who are you using as your frontliner? Sharog should be able to cut through it like butter.

I put in my level 58 Blue Marvel and went afk on the Mysterio stage. After four minutes he was still fighting goons. So I decided to just mass clear it at that stage.

Previous I cleared it with my Tier 2 Thor in Ragnarok uniform. So I might check to see how long it takes him to clear the stage, with two non 60s to Hoover up the XP.

On the plus side I ran a level 60 Anti-Man against Black Dwarf on World Boss mode. And he completely steam rolled him.