Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’d kill for an extended cut of the movie. If it was 90 minutes it’d be among the best things they ever did, I just want more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

It was always weird to me that MST3K: The Movie was shorter than MST3K: The Television Show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Do they announce the renewal anywhere on their website? I didn't even notice until like four days after Turkey Day!

Really happy about it either way. It'll be great to see what the new cast does now that they have even more chemistry together, and lots of experience. Not that season 11 wasnt great, but I think everyone on the Eegah tour, Hampton and Jonah had some really great, really simple riffs.

I hope they give Rebecca more stuff too. I'm just so happy this show is back.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

Do they announce the renewal anywhere on their website? I didn't even notice until like four days after Turkey Day!

Really happy about it either way. It'll be great to see what the new cast does now that they have even more chemistry together, and lots of experience. Not that season 11 wasnt great, but I think everyone on the Eegah tour, Hampton and Jonah had some really great, really simple riffs.

I hope they give Rebecca more stuff too. I'm just so happy this show is back.

I hope that everyone gets a bit more to do. Felicia certainly should since she won't be pregnant this time around...maybe

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Burkion posted:

I hope that everyone gets a bit more to do. Felicia certainly should since she won't be pregnant this time around...maybe

Yeah, definitely. She's got the Forrester thing down. Awkward, hammy, sometimes friendly and the adult in the room, sometimes a recalcitrant child that makes you cringe to hear. Writing her as trying to capitalize on the brand, understanding the basic idea of it, and getting all of the details wrong, is good shtick. Also, I'm sure some of the better video game jokes were hers. She seems to really love the show too, and she devoted a lot of time to promoting it even with a brand new baby. She's good people.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Tommy Weisu channeled season 11 Hercules for his performance in The Room.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

rydiafan posted:

They didn't have more time. The production window was something like a week.

They should have planned the production better

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rocco posted:

Wow with these insights maybe you should be the one with the puppet show!!!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
what if instead of making bad movies they made good ones whoa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RandomPauI posted:

I feel like Tommy Weisu channeled season 11 Hercules for his performance in The Room.

I felt so bad for Mickey Hargitay being forced to say lines like "I've come here for immediate clarification of the charges against me!" Orson Welles couldn't do justice to that nonsense and it's not fair to make an ESL muscleman try.

Guy got hosed over. They didn't even him a beard when he's playing Hercules!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I have-a breakeded the door!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rocco posted:

Even big-budget, hugely popular properties like Star Wars, superhero movies, and modern-day Doctor Who run into production snafus that force unexpected changes and delays. Why are you so unforgiving towards the cow-town puppet show in that regard?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I felt so bad for Mickey Hargitay being forced to say lines like "I've come here for immediate clarification of the charges against me!" Orson Welles couldn't do justice to that nonsense and it's not fair to make an ESL muscleman try.

Guy got hosed over. They didn't even him a beard when he's playing Hercules!

His costar wife got him the role on a movie that was a paid vacation for a film no one cared about. I think he didn't regret it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Even big-budget, hugely popular properties like Star Wars, superhero movies, and modern-day Doctor Who run into production snafus that force unexpected changes and delays. Why are you so unforgiving towards the cow-town puppet show in that regard?

See Henry Cavill's upper lip in the Justice League movie for an example of scheduling conflicts.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

duz posted:

See Henry Cavill's upper lip in the Justice League movie for an example of scheduling conflicts.

http://collider.com/kevin-spacey-christopher-plummer-all-the-money-in-the-world-reshoots/

poo poo happens.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Junkie Disease posted:

His costar wife got him the role on a movie that was a paid vacation for a film no one cared about. I think he didn't regret it.

That doesn't excuse denying him a beard when he's playing Hercules.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That doesn't excuse denying him a beard when he's playing Hercules.

Maybe he refused to grow a beard, because the movie was a sham. He's not a victim, but a con artist.

Can you sleep better at night now?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

duz posted:

Well clearly they should just have planned the production better :colbert:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Saying that they should have planned the production better doesn't make you 'unforgiving'. I am happy that MST3k came back, but this last season was sloppy and I hated the bubble cuts. Hopefully they plan better on the upcoming season.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Kevin Sorbo never wore a beard and he was a fine hercules

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I do hope that they end up getting more than two weeks to film this time around, at least for Jonah and the bots. Those are probably tough schedules to work around, what with two of the cast members having new kids.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Those are probably tough schedules to work around, what with two of the cast members having new kids.
They should have planned that better :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Peachfart posted:

Saying that they should have planned the production better doesn't make you 'unforgiving'. I am happy that MST3k came back, but this last season was sloppy and I hated the bubble cuts. Hopefully they plan better on the upcoming season.

No battleplan survives contact with the enemy.

Given the time and resource constraints they were up against, I'm honestly impressed that Season 12 turned out as well as it did.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No battleplan survives contact with the enemy.

Given the time and resource constraints they were up against, I'm honestly impressed that Season 12 turned out as well as it did.

Yeah, season 11 is, in my opinion, incredibly good without qualification, but given their time constraints, it's fantastic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, season 11 is, in my opinion, incredibly good without qualification, but given their time constraints, it's fantastic.

Agreed. Also I meant season 11, not 12, as I'm not actually posting from the future. :v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
TWO Trumpys?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

TWO Trumpys?

They can do twice as many stupid things!

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Get ready for the latest rebooted franchise! Pod People 2: 2 Trumpys 2 Many is gonna be a hit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eric and Don Jr pose with a voter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The extremely odd parents.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm seeing double... FOUR Trumpies! :wth:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m rewatching it now, and honestly I think the biggest weakness of season 11 is that Jonah doesn’t have to carry Servo in and out of the theatre.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dumb question that may have been answered but I ain't readin' all 157 pages for the answer: what the hell is Gypsy dropping off and picking up in the theater in every episode of season 11?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Dumb question that may have been answered but I ain't readin' all 157 pages for the answer: what the hell is Gypsy dropping off and picking up in the theater in every episode of season 11?

Short answer: "The payload"

Long answer: We don't know and Joel has basically said (if I remember correctly) that it's going to potentially be a multi-season payofff joke, but for now it's just an excuse to have Gypsy in the theater for a riff or two every movie.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

8one6 posted:

Short answer: "The payload"
I think it's the liquid that goes in those big long jars that the skeleton crew put into the wall at the very end of every episode. Like, it's the liquid distillation of "bad movie", for which Kinga has nefarious plans. (I have nothing to base this on and happily admit it's just a wild-rear end guess.)

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I like to think that Gypsy's bringing in a basket of snacks for the boys

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's pee since they can't leave the movie early

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I wonder if First Spaceship On Venus will be available on the reprinted volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ringu0 posted:

I wonder if First Spaceship On Venus will be available on the reprinted volumes.

Is it no longer available on DVD? I know I got it as a digital purchase through either iTunes or Amazon.