Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Yea if I had a bitcoin for every time I died to a ash/ela hitbox bs I would have enough to buy ubisoft and fix this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Revisiting this game after spending a couple hundred hours of overwatch is a beautiful thing.

I've gone from not being able to aim or use sound ques (I was a legit bronze player) to demolishing the people it puts me against. I've even won on the new maps that i've not played on yet. Did they make shotguns more fun (as in, not poo poo)? I've had a hell of a time just breaching walls with buck and nailing the people behind it with four rounds of hilarious goodness.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I dont think shotguns have been changed recently, but they're all getting an indirect buff via the huge pistol buffs tomorrow.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

can someone give advice on how to dominate with shotguns? I feel like I only get kills if I purposefully take a route that puts me in close quarters with enemies, cause ADSing someone who is more than 15m away isn't enough to kill them, and I usually end up dead if I can't kill them in one shot.

I've had some real bad luck with Sledge where I'll shoot someone up close and they won't go down, and I die to their high rate of fire weapon before I can chamber the next shell.

Minrad posted:

I dont think shotguns have been changed recently, but they're all getting an indirect buff via the huge pistol buffs tomorrow.

pistol buff? indirect buff?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
To shotgun, just go around and do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5LNT1dq-0

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Q8ee posted:

pistol buff? indirect buff?

Pistol damage is increasing and recoil is decreasing.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

pistols really don't need a buff. cav's pistol barely bounces when you shoot. literally every situation I've used a pistol in, the person has been relatively close and all I do is ADS and keep the centre of the gun (not the ironsights, literally the entire gun) on their body and spam click and they die.

pistol damage I can sort of understand, however.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wooper posted:

Use the GSG9 shotgun? Yes. That is the best shotgun in the game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wooper posted:

Is this tactical realism on the worst map in the game? If so you're a masochist.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What map is it, I dont recognize it? I just started playing again this weekend after not playing pretty much all of year 2.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Is this tactical realism on the worst map in the game? If so you're a masochist.

What is wrong with theme park, aside from it being kinda dark?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
No way the worst map isn't Bartlett.

Also pistols legit needed a buff - they were absurdly poo poo to aim in comparison to other weapons in the game. I now feel like I'm not trolling my team as Mira if I pick the pistol instead of the shotgun.

dogstile posted:

Revisiting this game after spending a couple hundred hours of overwatch is a beautiful thing.

I've gone from not being able to aim or use sound ques (I was a legit bronze player) to demolishing the people it puts me against. I've even won on the new maps that i've not played on yet. Did they make shotguns more fun (as in, not poo poo)? I've had a hell of a time just breaching walls with buck and nailing the people behind it with four rounds of hilarious goodness.

Make sure to try Buck's shotgun tomorrow!

Azran fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Azran posted:

Also pistols legit needed a buff - they were absurdly poo poo to aim in comparison to other weapons in the game. I now feel like I'm not trolling my team as Mira if I pick the pistol instead of the shotgun.

Yep. Good luck hitting someone's head with your iron sights when the head's obscured behind your entire loving barrel.

it's kind of a bad joke that they gave one of the only sighted pistols to the person with the best smg in the game :v:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
is grom especially known for sighted pistols or something? It's still peculiar to me they gave it to them at all, it has absolutely nothing to do with their utility

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Q8ee posted:

pistols really don't need a buff. cav's pistol barely bounces when you shoot. literally every situation I've used a pistol in, the person has been relatively close and all I do is ADS and keep the centre of the gun (not the ironsights, literally the entire gun) on their body and spam click and they die.

pistol damage I can sort of understand, however.

unbelievably, the lady who uses her pistol constantly has a good and easy to use pistol

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Koramei posted:

is grom especially known for sighted pistols or something? It's still peculiar to me they gave it to them at all, it has absolutely nothing to do with their utility

Gotta give new ops cool poo poo to sell season passes and ela and zophia def. weren't good enough without pistols with red dots

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
as if she weren't enough of a mary sue the red dot isn't even red. only thing missing was heterochromia

but 3 speed silenced semi-auto shotgun on a hot waifu is literally eveything i ever asked for in this game :allears:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fart Car '97 posted:

What is wrong with theme park, aside from it being kinda dark?

It's a loving hellscape of a map. Like, if it was half the size that it currently is it would be fine. But it's basically two maps slammed together with the world's most confusing layout possible. The exterior of the map is as large as the interior and is 90% unused. You've got two dozen entry points and jumpouts along with the most cameras any map has had so far. It is also, as you mentioned, pretty dark.

Bartlett for all it's flaws (which are numerous and obvious) is a really simple map to learn because it's just two rectangular floors slammed on top of each other.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They should add a DM mode with respawns but it is limited purely to the house map, also make more walls destructible for this DM mode.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Thief posted:

as if she weren't enough of a mary sue the red dot isn't even red. only thing missing was heterochromia

but 3 speed silenced semi-auto shotgun on a hot waifu is literally eveything i ever asked for in this game :allears:

Ela and Zofia are such deviantart characters, it's unbelievable. I hope all the operators after that will continue to be kinda bland like the other ops so the GROM sisters stick out like sore anomalies for no reason.

Outside of that, some spicy moments that happened while I'm teaching a newbie friend of mine the ropes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6pPFMM0Et4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/6c3h6

:allears:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Seems as if the friends list is down. My friends cannot invite each other to games on PC right now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Deltasquid posted:

Ela and Zofia are such deviantart characters, it's unbelievable. I hope all the operators after that will continue to be kinda bland like the other ops so the GROM sisters stick out like sore anomalies for no reason.

ki blocker jorts dad lesion is pretty bad too, but in a comical funny way so I'm okay with it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

We've played against this guy before on Kanal, he's definitely hacking. Surprised he wasn't banned yet ( :rip: Hard)

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a downside to always having Jackal’s visor enabled? I assume Pulse can detect him, but if the defenders don’t have a Pulse then is it okay to always have it turned on?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gunder posted:

Is there a downside to always having Jackal’s visor enabled? I assume Pulse can detect him, but if the defenders don’t have a Pulse then is it okay to always have it turned on?

Does thatchers EMP gently caress with him? If it doesn't it should. Also how exactly does that thing work, as defender I get a popup that a dude is tracking me and I don't know what I should be doing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mute's jammers definitely gently caress up his visor.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

BadLlama posted:

Does thatchers EMP gently caress with him? If it doesn't it should. Also how exactly does that thing work, as defender I get a popup that a dude is tracking me and I don't know what I should be doing.

Jackal gets a little icon on exactly where you are, and it moves around with you. I’m not sure if it wears off after a while or not, as the target usually gets shot pretty quickly be me after that. It does seem to linger for a good long while though, it seems pretty powerful.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Gunder posted:

Jackal gets a little icon on exactly where you are, and it moves around with you. I’m not sure if it wears off after a while or not, as the target usually gets shot pretty quickly be me after that. It does seem to linger for a good long while though, it seems pretty powerful.

It doesn't technically follow your every move. His team gets a UI ping every couple of seconds with your current location, but that doesn't update until the next ping. So don't sit still when tracked, you can definitely still surprise him if you reposition between pings. Pings 5 times right now, I think? But it definitely wears off

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jackal's visor lasts, I believe, 20 seconds, and pings your location every 5 seconds.

It might be 30 seconds. You can try to lure him into a trap, or cheese it if you know the exit is clear.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Gunder posted:

You get interference when you get shot which makes it harder to see when you're trying to shoot back at someone. You also get totally blinded when you touch something electrified by bandit or step into a mute jammer's radius.

The mute jammer thing doesn't make any loving sense, like why would radio signals affect it at all? But you'll walk into the objective room ready to blast a dude hiding behind something and then your vision will switch completely to static when you go near a jammer and then he jumps out and shoots you.

Also turning your visor on and off does not affect if pulse can see you or not, he has a heartbeat scanner not an electronics detector like IQ.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Totally forgot about that IQ/Pulse distinction! Thanks for the advice everyone.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of Pulse I started playing him last night and I had Flashbacks to R6 Rogue Spear running around with a heartbeat scanner out and getting shot because I am totally tunnel visioning on my scanner.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Be sure to use it for the entirety of defense set up. Seems to be a very common tactic I see.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Gunder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJg0-YW0osg

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's not even in the bottom 5, come on now.

Wooper fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 5, 2017

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just copied the files over from the TTS to the main folder. Let's hope Steam recognizes at least some of them tomorrow.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Tonight we successfully implemented the strats of "shoot out every wall during setup" and "everyone take an LMG and just pour bullets into the OBJ" on a round of bartlett and i think it made the other team mad and confused and we won

polka
May 10, 2007

Going up!
On top of jammers and batteries, Jackal's visor also gets affected if he gets shot by the enemy.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Patch size 15GB (or 23 if you have high res textures), deployment times here: https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/937807390845685760

New patch notes too, there are some fixes that I didn't see before, like apparently you won't be able to kill people with claymores through the drone hole anymore :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

apparently you won't be able to kill people with claymores through the drone hole anymore :negative:

I don't think that's what it's saying. "Attackers can trigger claymores through walls" means literally walking past a solid wall and exploding from a claymore on the other side that shouldn't possibly be able to hurt you.

• Locked thread