Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What is the best build among DMO, Tal Rasha, and Firebird's? Currently running Frozen Orb DMO and it's pretty good but I feel like I have a lot of downtime after I burn through AP. It's only a few seconds but that's a long time in Diablo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Fayez Butts posted:

Just want to vent for a sec. Does the Sacred Harvester even exist? I've gotten to GR70 and nearly 500 paragon levels and haven't seen one. No shards, no upgraded rares, no drops, nothin. I better get a drat primal.

Ok, that's it.

Im about the same level, I've seen a grand total of one just gotta keep praying to the rng gods.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What is the best build among DMO, Tal Rasha, and Firebird's? Currently running Frozen Orb DMO and it's pretty good but I feel like I have a lot of downtime after I burn through AP. It's only a few seconds but that's a long time in Diablo.

For DMO you try to pool your resources for when CoE is on cold and then dump it so downtime is part of the play style. It's also why I don't play DMO.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

DMO is potentially the strongest, but requires more from the player in that you need to time everything correctly, get the right distance for Zei's, and survive/position without a teleport. Firebird's is in the middle both in terms of GR potential and ease of use, while tal rasha is the easiest to play but will fall behind the others 105+.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Remove COE and rebalance game. Tyia.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CoE is fine because even if you literally spend all your time ignoring the element cycle, it's still a 50% damage increase. It's not even de facto required for every high end GR pushing build in the game now as many don't have room for it between Endless Walk, Unity and your damage resist rings. Lining up cycles with your big megadamage spells requires the barest level of awareness in this otherwise very easy, mindless monster clicker game.

Sagers
Oct 21, 2004

It's all about the teasing and not about the pleasing.
I seem to be missing a transition step somewhere. Generally a new 70 with decent yellows, uniques, and some starting set gear can handle T1/T2 without issue. Once you assemble a set in the 2.6.1 era, there's a noticeable bump up to T6-TX with some good rerolls. "Easy" is what I consider one-shotting mobs, not running into resource problems, and reliably proccing In-geom or whatever your movement speed buff of choice is.

However, trivializing and farming T13 always seems to be a hurdle for me. Is it expected that I have to cheese toughness with Endless Walk and/or Goldwrap-Avarice Band-Boon of the Hoarder combo? Balancing that with high mobility makes it tricky for me.

Bell Monk is squishy but I can make up for it with the Agility Mantra, Epiphany, and the dash that improves dodge. It helps that the DPS is crazy high but I see big differences between using In-geom for quick dashing vs Kyoshiro's blade for DPS i.e. being able to speed through the rift and being able to DPS hard enough that resource isn't an issue.

UE-MS-DH / Corpselancer Necro both have to use the goldwrap combo.

What's the turning point to say I have enough vit and defensive rolls? Does all gear need to be augmented or is my paragon just too low (high 700s currently)?

I know T13 is the point where "don't stand in poo poo" is more relevant but should I expect to always die to random grotesque explosions?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Sagers posted:

I seem to be missing a transition step somewhere. Generally a new 70 with decent yellows, uniques, and some starting set gear can handle T1/T2 without issue. Once you assemble a set in the 2.6.1 era, there's a noticeable bump up to T6-TX with some good rerolls. "Easy" is what I consider one-shotting mobs, not running into resource problems, and reliably proccing In-geom or whatever your movement speed buff of choice is.

However, trivializing and farming T13 always seems to be a hurdle for me. Is it expected that I have to cheese toughness with Endless Walk and/or Goldwrap-Avarice Band-Boon of the Hoarder combo? Balancing that with high mobility makes it tricky for me.

Bell Monk is squishy but I can make up for it with the Agility Mantra, Epiphany, and the dash that improves dodge. It helps that the DPS is crazy high but I see big differences between using In-geom for quick dashing vs Kyoshiro's blade for DPS i.e. being able to speed through the rift and being able to DPS hard enough that resource isn't an issue.

UE-MS-DH / Corpselancer Necro both have to use the goldwrap combo.

What's the turning point to say I have enough vit and defensive rolls? Does all gear need to be augmented or is my paragon just too low (high 700s currently)?

I know T13 is the point where "don't stand in poo poo" is more relevant but should I expect to always die to random grotesque explosions?

DH shouldn't have to use goldwrap at all for T13. You just murder everything on screen in < 1s. The only things that one shot you have a huge wind up like grotesque explosions so just don't stand in those. It's not like they're hard to avoid. The game is expecting you to avoid things that have a long wind up time and don't follow you around so you're not meant to be able to face tank them.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 4, 2017

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Trying to make a corpse lance necromancer to push higher in GRs and would like some advice on what to focus on improving. Maybe my weapon to begin with?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/totalnewbie-1245/hero/93372597

Ignore golem on RMB, I was just screwing around for 10 minutes this morning. It's supposed to be blink + drop a corpse.

I'm not sure if I should be focusing increasing my damage output and just go all-in on glass cannon or if I should be building toughness to reset my cooldowns through blood is power and use that to sustain my damage or what?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

E: I'm mad at a video game, disregard.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 4, 2017

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Finally gambled a Unity yesterday, and I've been carefully increasing my GR ranks. I'm now up to 55 (or whatever the equivalent of Torment 12) and have yet to proc Unstable Anomaly... I've been rolling on a L34 to try and get Halo of Karini, once I get it, it's onto the GR100 crawl. :getin:

I suppose that eventually, bosses will stop melting the minute I throw a meteor at them? At that point, I should probably slot the Bane of the Stricken I've been upgrading?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Hota barb is up to 1.8 billion character sheet toughness which owns.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Holy poo poo. Got 6-piece Tal Rasha's and the Arcane Orb-boosting wand and source and am reliably 1 to 2-shotting rift bosses on T8. :haw:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

My Hota barb is up to 1.8 billion character sheet toughness which owns.

How?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Got my Tal Meteor through a solo 90 with no deaths and about 4 minutes to spare. The gear is ok, smattering of ancients and a single L70 augment. Limiting factor in going higher is DPS, still plenty fine on DR for probably a 95. Pretty happy with the build and not having to poop sock augments.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It’s pretty cool and good that the top three console barbs are IK, Raekor and Earth sets, in that order. Also cool that there isn’t obvious primal cheating. Good job Blizz.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The mouse-hand claw is getting real, and I went to look see if D3PC had console support. No such luck. :negative:

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Sagers posted:

I cheese Bell Monk with avarice+gold wrap. Pop epiphany at the beginning then just zip around. There's one map in particular that has 1 elite every 3 screens, but other than that t13 rift clears are super fast. I didn't find I needed Kyoshiro's blade damage wise up to G75ish, still getting 3 minute clears. Not showing rings but I go with SoJ/Avarice/boon+trapped+zeis for rifts, SoJ/CoE/powerful+trapped+zeis for GRs.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GTJustin-1969/hero/81006479

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just following the basic Hota build on icy veins.

Not even using esoteric alteration.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I made it to beating gr 97 before I finally did my first gem augment. :v:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Just following the basic Hota build on icy veins.

Not even using esoteric alteration.

I swapped in esoteric cause even the slightest non physical hit would gently caress me all the way up

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I swapped in esoteric cause even the slightest non physical hit would gently caress me all the way up

Cube an Aquila and always be dashing otherwise.

HotA barb is weird because until it gets really dense you can lose your DR from not dash charging into goes frequently enough.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

With cooldown reductions from paragons it should be easy to be always up. Or am I misinterpreting .

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

euphronius posted:

With cooldown reductions from paragons it should be easy to be always up. Or am I misinterpreting .

The cooldown from the perk of whatever gets decreased when you hit enough dudes with it.

So in low density rifts you get really edge the band of might DR time

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The cooldown from the perk of whatever gets decreased when you hit enough dudes with it.

So in low density rifts you get really edge the band of might DR time

I like how so many of these builds boil down to "Well you might be at risk if you don't bathe in as many monsters as possible".

Of course, playing a Wizard means the opposite for me. I miss my Disintegrate + Entropy facetanking. :saddowns:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
God, and how. I just picked up a Bloodtide Blade as the last piece to Trag'Ouls for my Necro, and now it's basically, "you murder everything or you're just going to sit there chipping away forever".

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jan posted:

I like how so many of these builds boil down to "Well you might be at risk if you don't bathe in as many monsters as possible".

Of course, playing a Wizard means the opposite for me. I miss my Disintegrate + Entropy facetanking. :saddowns:

Wizard has nothing to do with it. Each class has ridiculous tank options. I'm clearing 90's with a Tal build and various synergy items that let me not even bother worrying about any projectiles. Like at all. I don't bother.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Early on at least: once you have any endgame build put together, a speedfarm variant is mostly a matter of what you can get away with a good balance of survivability and damage. Boon of the hoarder+Avarice Band+gold wrap is popular because it gives a billion toughness and can be aquired very early on. Short of the gold route, early on your speed build might just be 25% faster than your main build. Once you've got a couple hundred paragons you should be augmenting items cuz they give you a massive boost in power and survivability. It should go without saying that every piece of gear you have has been enchanted, either to get better properties or to get a property to the max value. By then you can take out a damage gem and replace it with the +25% movespeed mini-conduit gem and doing more and more gimmicky stuff to move more quickly.

A lot of the build guides are written with the expectation that you've got 1000+ paragon.

The gold speedfarm builds are popular as day 1 of new season builds because they give you the toughness to tank a bunch of t13 elemental effects with zero paragon.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cube an Aquila and always be dashing otherwise.

HotA barb is weird because until it gets really dense you can lose your DR from not dash charging into goes frequently enough.

I forgot that I even had magefist cubed for this build

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beach-1140/hero/96129776

Sanity check please; it seems my next steps here are getting gloves with double crit and 8%CDR, then getting 8%CDR on my Compass Rose and swapping my weapon enchant over to 7%AS. After that I start down the road of the bountymats grind where I reroll for Ancients endlessly.

Anything I'm missing in that progression? I'm pretty much stymied until I get my ring/glove CDR tuned.

Finally got my second Unity and cleared a 78, which put me in the top 500 for S12HC :toot:

Edit: I know I could probably do better with the Condemn build but it looks unfun as hell and Captain America loving rocks.

Edit 2: "downgraded" my gloves and rolled the crit off the ring. I'm not really feeling the extra attack speed yet, but I just finished an 80 without any issues. I think that's more due to the Unity finally coming online than anything else.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 5, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anybody tried to do a channeling LoN Meteors build which is essentially the same as FB Meteors except you use all ancients in the place of set items?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Jan posted:

Yeah I feel like a graph of “Effective Survivability” against increasing difficulty for a lot of really good GR builds is a U shape followed by a slowly descending line.

Early on the set bonuses are so loving strong you just murder everything and everything is weak so you can’t die, and once the rifts are full enough you can keep your DR up.

But in the middle you’re not getting enough trash and what you get you’re obliterating so quickly you have trouble keeping proc-based DR bonuses up.

Then obviously at the high end it just gets hard as hell over time.

Half the time you can compensate for the U with a cubed Aquila but if you’re not using a generator you’re kinda screwed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
is there an active goon clan or is it dead

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I'm not sure on clans, but if you join the LLJK Community in the game, it will be much more helpful as we have a lot of people across multiple clans (and no clan) on there.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Half the time you can compensate for the U with a cubed Aquila but if you’re not using a generator you’re kinda screwed.

I end up building towards AP regeneration and reduction just because of cubed Aquila. I can channel in short bursts just to keep Tal Rasha up, and it's immediately noticeable when I channel too long and Aquila goes down. :v:

Once I get Halo, I'll probably be basically invulnerable.

On that note, I'd like to get Grand Vizier since I'm built meteor, I guess the best way to go about it is upgrading staves in the cube because they are so drat expensive at Kadala?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jan posted:

On that note, I'd like to get Grand Vizier since I'm built meteor, I guess the best way to go about it is upgrading staves in the cube because they are so drat expensive at Kadala?

Build yellow ones at the blacksmith and upgrade rare at the cube. 25 DB's a pop. You'll also want Nilfur's boots.

Tal's is 7 pieces so you have some flexibility.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 5, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

DrSeRRoD posted:

I'm not sure on clans, but if you join the LLJK Community in the game, it will be much more helpful as we have a lot of people across multiple clans (and no clan) on there.

oh cool, will do bnet tag is kappa1266

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Turmoilx posted:

oh cool, will do bnet tag is kappa1266

You shouldn't need an invite. Just search for "lljk" in Communities (not Clans) and it should be the top result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Once you've got a couple hundred paragons you should be augmenting items cuz they give you a massive boost in power and survivability.
Augmenting at "a couple hundred paragons"? Are you nuts?

I don't think I had enough gems to make flawless royals for all of my regular gem slots, let alone my entire endgame set completed and ancient with a ton of worthwhile legendary gems and extra regulars to munch by that point. Augments are very much the last thing you should be doing, progression-wise.