Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

San Francisco scoffs

Fire-gutted, 600-square-foot San Francisco home on the market for $799K
http://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/San-Francisco-fire-gutted-house-fixer-upper-12299857.php#photo-14404324

Yeah that's basically less than you'd have to pay if the lot were completely empty, since it's basically an empty lot plus the costs of demolition. Add in the planning, construction, etc. costs and you end up with a ~$1.6M home; if you've got the time and the finances (and if the market holds up) it's a bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra you don't live with her or anything do you

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She admitted it.

That had to be tough. Sorry to hear about that.

Did she admit it angling for forgiveness? Or was it clearly the end of the relationship?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
sever

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Current housing situation in Seattle:

Please tell me that price is what it previously sold for and not the current price. :stare:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She admitted it.

I know exactly what to do in this situation:

1. Go meet up with her best friend. Someone who would know everything about her.
2. gently caress her.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

reaching WAY back into the internet here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPlUe7nnrtY

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure I'd rather hear from someone else that my girlfriend was cheating on me or hear directly from the source. I'm sure it sucks either way :(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
My ex-girlfriend cheated on me with my roommate and I was a dumb idiot and forgave both of them.

Sorry man :smith:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh, that guy wrote Jurassic World and Star Wars 9.

Neat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

axeil posted:

Please tell me that price is what it previously sold for and not the current price. :stare:

The answer is worse. It was purchased burned down for $315k eight months ago and is being flipped for this price.

Edit: this is also in Rainier Valley, which is supposed to be the most "ghetto" of Seattle neighborhoods.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

reaching WAY back into the internet here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPlUe7nnrtY

I knew what this was before I clicked on it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I knew what this was before I clicked on it.

This was really one of the best made things from before the youtube era.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She admitted it.
:sever:

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Don't know if this is the thread to ask in, but, does anybody want to do a Bowl Season pick'em like in yesteryear?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

This was really one of the best made things from before the youtube era.

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that in so long, so I clicked it and all the comments were about how that guy was directing Star Wars, and I thought they were loving around, so imdb'ed the guy, and what do you know.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that in so long, so I clicked it and all the comments were about how that guy was directing Star Wars, and I thought they were loving around, so imdb'ed the guy, and what do you know.

LA is a town where the cream really rises to the top, if you can get in.

Justin Theroux turned like a cameo in American Psycho into running hollywood.

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

LA is a town where the cream really rises to the top, if you can get in.

Justin Theroux turned like a cameo in American Psycho into running hollywood.

You should see what a young Harvey Weinstein had has fingers all over.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The film industry in LA is so awful.

Obviously I never broke into the inner crust or anything, but even when I would go there just for small post work, or the rare audition, it just reeked of exploitation.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

seiferguy posted:

The answer is worse. It was purchased burned down for $315k eight months ago and is being flipped for this price.

Edit: this is also in Rainier Valley, which is supposed to be the most "ghetto" of Seattle neighborhoods.

death to flippers

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

The guy who played Nick also played John Galt in the Atlas Shrugged movie too...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

axeil posted:

death to flippers

But what happens when flipper fights back

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

George C Scott what the gently caress lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey maybe don't write a tax bill on cocktail napkins

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/senate-gop-accidentally-killed-all-corporate-tax-deductions.html

quote:

This is a big problem. The Senate bill brings the normal corporate rate down to 20 percent — while leaving the alternative minimum rate at … 20 percent. The legislation would still allow corporations to claim a wide variety of tax credits and deductions — it just renders all them completely worthless. Companies can either take no deductions, and pay a 20 percent rate — or take lots of deductions … and pay a 20 percent rate.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Also apparently under Reconciliation, if the House's bill didn't do anything to corporate AMT they can't fix this in committee without 60 votes in the Senate.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

God they are so, so stupid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jota posted:

Also apparently under Reconciliation, if the House's bill didn't do anything to corporate AMT they can't fix this in committee without 60 votes in the Senate.

Also they took out the healthcare amendment that got susan collins on board.

also lol Jeff Flake is never going to get called over the dreamers.

Man you'd think a party that had 6 years to figure something out would be better at this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just think how loving terrifying a competent Republican Party would be like.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jota posted:

Actually this is irrelevant because I'm pretty sure the House repealed AMT for both corporations and individuals but it would have been really funny but even still having to remove or alter corporate AMT from the Senate version of the bill means it is probably going to require some of the more heinous poo poo from the House bill to be included in order to meet reconciliation.

Also it means it is way less likely that the House can just pass the Senate's version if they are having problems in committee

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 4, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They have to reconcile it in committee, and the bills are VERY different.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

When you get cheated on the best thing to do is listen to angry music and lift weights

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just think how loving terrifying a competent Republican Party would be like.

Like, the Bush era folks weren't the pinnacle of competence, but we would be hosed if the Trump guys had that level of skill

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

They have to reconcile it in committee, and the bills are VERY different.

eh, the house will accept anything

just about all the ny/nj/ca republicans hate it because they know those states really get screwed but it won't be enough, imo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Like, the Bush era folks weren't the pinnacle of competence, but we would be hosed if the Trump guys had that level of skill

They were just as incompetent and corrupt.

They could just maintain appearances until around 2005.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

When you get cheated on the best thing to do is listen to angry music and lift weights

I went to listen to an old Sam Kinnison bit and oh my god all the videos of him are now uploaded by accounts named things like RedpillNoFap.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh the relationship is over I don't need anymore convincing. She wasn't looking for reconciliation anyway.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh the relationship is over I don't need anymore convincing. She wasn't looking for reconciliation anyway.

Good for you.

Go slut it up.

Nov 6, 2002

It amazes me that a movement centered on men has gone far enough off the rails to demonize jerking it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I need an accountability buddy for the gym, you want in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The day after my breakup with my ex fiancee, I hooked up with a former gently caress buddy from college. It felt weird at the time but it was a great decision in hindsight.

• Locked thread