Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I dont think its going to matter in the slightest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Half of Fossil yearly watch sells must come from bowl gifts

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

What's with the skiing panda?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

What's with the skiing panda?

World War 2 training insignia used by the 10th Mountain. They fought in the Italian Alps.

https://history.denverlibrary.org/news/having-fun-during-hardest-times

Nike really goes all-out for Army and Navy and it's just awesome.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Navy is Under Armor, but agreed. They do some really good work. The shine has faded from the game in the national spotlight, but for them it means a lot.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

kayakyakr posted:

I'm talking about the good gifts and the bad, not actual winners/losers.

Thank you im dumb as heck

Also fun fact that the sixth largest pyramid in the world is a giant loving bass pro shop.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 4, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cash Monet posted:

God knows what Lockheed Martin uses that bowl as cover for.

Building an effective, modern fighter jet?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Navy is Under Armor, but agreed. They do some really good work. The shine has faded from the game in the national spotlight, but for them it means a lot.

This is the most interesting the game has been in like 20 years since Army is finally competitive again.

an adult beverage posted:

Thank you im dumb as heck

Also fun fact that the sixth largest pyramid in the world is a giant loving bass pro shop.

ISU should be in the liberty bowl every year thats gotta be like a trip to Mecca for their fans

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 4, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

The Glumslinger posted:

Building an effective, modern fighter jet?

In that case it's been very effective as a cover

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mother of God.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I always assumed PSU couldn't sell booze because of PA's insanely retarded liquor laws

That's getting better. Most grocery stores around me have a beer/wine section now. You still have to purchase it separately, but hey, progress!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The scoreboard of life

I'm dying at that and Butch Jones was my coach

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Mother of God.

hahahaha, oh boy, scoreboard of life

edit: holy poo poo, did anyone watch Herms presser? I saw a few clips moments ago.

Sir Thats Gross fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/davidubben/status/937741991298977793

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Herm is going to crater that program what a collosally bad hire. One of the worst hires in recent memory.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Herm is going to get tongue baths from disgruntled middle-aged faux-centrist white sportswriters the nation over while going 4-8. The losses, of course, will be attributed to saggy jeans and the rap music.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

an adult beverage posted:

Herm is going to crater that program what a collosally bad hire. One of the worst hires in recent memory.

Worse than Butch or Mac?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

iospace posted:

Worse than Butch or Mac?

I think yeah since it seems bad right at the start. Mac I was cautiously optimistic about. And Butch I don't remember that well other than being Brian Kelly's sloppy seconds everywhere.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MourningView posted:

Iowa has talked about doing it off and on for like a decade now.

This is literally the last thing Kinnick, University Heights, Iowa City or the State of Iowa needs, honestly.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Mother of God.

Six and Six Sigma

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This is literally the last thing Kinnick, University Heights, Iowa City or the State of Iowa needs, honestly.

Strongly disagree and also gently caress university heights

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Worse than Butch or Mac?

Those both made sense on paper and arent even the worst recent hires by either school. The Herm thing is baffling on every level

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I always assumed PSU couldn't sell booze because of PA's insanely retarded liquor laws

How did you think the Eagles, Steelers, Phillies, Pirates, Flyers, Penguins, and 76ers selling beer if it was a state law?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sash! posted:

How did you think the Eagles, Steelers, Phillies, Pirates, Flyers, Penguins, and 76ers selling beer if it was a state law?

They're not on a college campus. Does Temple sell beer at home games?

Liberty Bowl Bass Pro Shop is great because players can blow their wad at the giant pyramid BPS right down the street?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MourningView posted:

Strongly disagree and also gently caress university heights

Honestly they should just move the stadium 3 miles West out past the 218 off ramp.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Was it South Carolina that had a player suspended from the Belk Bowl for shoplifting at Belk

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I dont want to play mike leach :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Was it South Carolina that had a player suspended from the Belk Bowl for shoplifting at Belk

Arky
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18372833/belk-bowl-jeremy-sprinkle-suspended-arkansas-razorbacks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Arkansas

E: PAKLED :doom:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Honestly they should just move the stadium 3 miles West out past the 218 off ramp.

They cant move it now, theres too much history there and theyve sunk a ton of money into renovations, with more on the way. My dad used to work with the hospital and says there were apparently plans at one point to expand the hospital to where Kinnick is now but that was before the big renovation so obviously it got scrapped.

Remember when they built it it was pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The city has grown around it and that hospital exploded in size well after the stadium was built. Thats why I have zero patience for the morons in the neighborhood who whine about drunk people and noise. That stadium was there way before they were, they should have known what they were getting into.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MourningView posted:

This is the most interesting the game has been in like 20 years since Army is finally competitive again.

That's what I'm counting on. I *have* to watch the game, if only to poo poo talk my brother (who's a West Point alum) over Signal. Once I found out how deadly serious this game is to him, it became one of my driving goals every year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/937746252250394625 this needs to go over here now too

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Maybe we'll finally get a chance to snap our losing streak in Tempe with Herm as the coach

Ah who am I kidding, we'll still find a way to poo poo the bed as always or he'll get fired first

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Holy poo poo, we're in for a treat with the Herm Edwards college experience.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wandler20 posted:

Holy poo poo, we're in for a treat with the Herm Edwards college experience.

OMG. The pressers are going to be magical.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

hahahahahahahaha

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I think the revelation that Herm Edwards is Catholic is much more surprising than the revelation that he doesn't know his team's mascot.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They're not on a college campus. Does Temple sell beer at home games?

There isn't any state law that would have controlled that. I don't know of any law that controlled the "where" of alcohol sales, just the "how," at the state level. A few of the state schools are in dry towns, but that's a local law.

Pitt and Temple didn't sell beer until like 2016 or so.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/937777946919620609

Oh hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Well, Coach Harbaugh, that might've been your only chance to beat Sparty, so maybe don't pop the champagne bottle just yet.

• Locked thread