Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

except this time it is written by max landis so it's going to be a tug of war between fuckin good movie and stupid bullshit

haha max landis? lmao, yeah who knows how that poo poo will turn out then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Goddamn 2018 is going to suck. Even if the Democrats retake the house and senate, by strong margins even, they're still gonna try to do a bill with GOP input.

Not sure if it was chapo, but there was this post election take on the ‘alternate universe Hilary presidency gracefully passing bipartisan legislation’ Twitter account that even in their ideal utopia Centrist Dems still want to compromise.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

The Marvel movies are entertainment for the masses and better than most of the bougie art films that come out in a year

smh lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm with the street fight guys on this one. marvel and fast and furious movies by the people

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TetsuoTW posted:

except this time it is written by max landis so it's going to be a tug of war between fuckin good movie and stupid bullshit

Wow never thought I'd meet a real Max Landis fan.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

red19fire posted:

Not sure if it was chapo, but there was this post election take on the ‘alternate universe Hilary presidency gracefully passing bipartisan legislation’ Twitter account that even in their ideal utopia Centrist Dems still want to compromise.

Thst would be Alt-Potus 45/IfHillaryHad, which was ran by Sarah Lerner, who was more well known for getting in an uber with one of the Cum Town hosts and having an impromptu discussion about Chapo with him. I say "was" bc the account hasn't tweeted for atleast 4 to 5 months.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I liked his wrestling thing where he talked about HHH over vignettes of a bunch of Instagram models pretending to be pro wrestlers.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That Bright movie looks great. I can't wait. Reminds me of Bad boys or Demolition Man.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Kunster posted:

Thst would be Alt-Potus 45/IfHillaryHad, which was ran by Sarah Lerner, who was more well known for getting in an uber with one of the Cum Town hosts and having an impromptu discussion about Chapo with him. I say "was" bc the account hasn't tweeted for atleast 4 to 5 months.

Sarah "That'll" Lerner, please.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Matt on Aquaman:
  • "like an Andrew WK song"
  • "a living Share Zone meme"

I kinda want to see this movie now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

prefect posted:

Matt on Aquaman:

It's an okay movie. It's not god, and every action sequence lasts about 3 minutes too long but it has a moment or two and is at least somewhat follow able and fun in places as opposed to the depressing trash fires that were the man of Steel movies.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i just finally watched BvS and like MoS, the only nice thing i have to say is that they seem to grasp how destructive a fight involving Superman and someone/thing similarly powerful would be. Given that, it's hilarious how they have to shoehorn in "it's unpopulated/it's abandoned" twice in like twenty minutes toward the end

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

emdash posted:

i just finally watched BvS and like MoS, the only nice thing i have to say is that they seem to grasp how destructive a fight involving Superman and someone/thing similarly powerful would be. Given that, it's hilarious how they have to shoehorn in "it's unpopulated/it's abandoned" twice in like twenty minutes toward the end

And it's very clearly some higher up trying to soften up Snyder's 9/11 Machine Superman image because it turns out basically no one in the world really likes the idea of the ultimate escapist fantasy savior being turned into a casual murder machine. Because while everyone that like shim likes him as this ideal hero that always saves the day with a smile on his face because life is hard and the world sucks Snyder only really cares about dude bro masculinity and power and just doesn't get the appeal behind Clark Kent, Perfect boy scout who is your dad and will always save everyone and won't miss your piano recitals.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i read the Death of Superman (original Doomsday story) trade a bunch like 18 years ago and it's an interesting contrast. As I recall they don't really shy away from "a lot of people are gonna die as a result of this" in the comics, or even taking the violence quite a bit further (what the authors see fit to do to Supergirl because she's an alien taking human form is particularly notable), but the overall tone is *still* more sunny and less brooding than either Snyder Superman movie. So yeah, dude does not "get" Superman by any means, I think

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

emdash posted:

i read the Death of Superman (original Doomsday story) trade a bunch like 18 years ago and it's an interesting contrast. As I recall they don't really shy away from "a lot of people are gonna die as a result of this" in the comics, or even taking the violence quite a bit further (what the authors see fit to do to Supergirl because she's an alien taking human form is particularly notable), but the overall tone is *still* more sunny and less brooding than either Snyder Superman movie. So yeah, dude does not "get" Superman by any means, I think

The best bit is Booster Gold getting punted into the sky.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The best bit is Booster Gold getting punted into the sky.

Also, Doomsday slammed his goggle head in a car door.

(You would think punching him with his fist-claws would have been more effective, but whatever. :shrug:)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

prefect posted:

Also, Doomsday slammed his goggle head in a car door.

(You would think punching him with his fist-claws would have been more effective, but whatever. :shrug:)

When you're a fearsome entity of insane power you gotta make your own fun sometimes

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

I liked Chronicle and Dirk Gently

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Clipperton posted:

I liked Chronicle and Dirk Gently

He only co-wrote the former and the latter was an adaptation of an existing book/show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Jesus gently caress, this latest episode starts off at full-speed-ahead "you should commit suicide". :smith:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I was a famous manslaughter's failson and got endless chances to make nerd crap for mass audiences that all fail.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

the latter was an adaptation of an existing book/show.

only very loosely, imo it counts as a win for landis. i liked the youtube things too. honestly i think a large part of people's distate for landis's stuff is that he's personally such an utter, utter tool

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Mel Brooks' son wrote two books about zombies, and now he's a national security expert lecturing at West Point.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Halloween Jack posted:

Mel Brooks' son wrote two books about zombies, and now he's a national security expert lecturing at West Point.

God I remember reading one of those stupid things years ago because a friend told me it was "hilarious" and it was just a completely straight-faced "here's what to do if zombies" manual with zero humor aside from it's hi-larious premise ("a meticulously-researched disaster guide but for zombies?!").

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Crindee posted:

God I remember reading one of those stupid things years ago because a friend told me it was "hilarious" and it was just a completely straight-faced "here's what to do if zombies" manual with zero humor aside from it's hi-larious premise ("a meticulously-researched disaster guide but for zombies?!").

the other book (world war z, the oral history one) is more of an actual story, it's just fluff but I quite liked it (although it had a bizarre out-of-nowhere snipe at Clement Attlee which made me irrationally angry)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

prefect posted:

Matt on Aquaman:

It's a breathtakingly stupid movie but yeah, Jason Momoa was definitely the high point.

Especially if your among those who appreciate the male physic :heysexy:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Sandweed posted:

New episode is good.

The tone shift from the beginning to the end was interesting. Felt like two different takes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

InequalityGodzilla posted:

It's a breathtakingly stupid movie but yeah, Jason Momoa was definitely the high point.

yea it's like, ok at best but at least Momoa being shirtless and shiny and sexy is more fun eyecandy than BvS and poo poo had, so...progress?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Physique.

Unless you're implying that he's an old timey medicine that makes you poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he sure wrecks my pants in some way am I right?

Up top!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Forceholy posted:

Angry Félix is the best Chapo.

Hell yeah, he's going ballistic, it's great, albeit depressing

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Neon Belly posted:

The tone shift from the beginning to the end was interesting. Felt like two different takes.

I dunno, expecting the Democrats to adequately take advantage of a situation where their opponents crashed the economy for the second time in about a decade does not seem particularly upbeat.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I enjoyed the hell out of this past episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"People rightfully said the Dems could have done more, and they COULD have done more, but the only one who could STOP this would be if Steven Paddock had a season pass to the baseball game"

Jesus.

Like, not wrong, but drat, good ep already.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"YOU WERE FRIENDS WITH THE LINDBERGH BABY"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
my favorite conspiracy theory is that brendan quit for reasons other than not wanting to spend his time editing out all of felix's racist MMA video game jokes

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/937877500159504384

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

sexpig by night posted:

"People rightfully said the Dems could have done more, and they COULD have done more, but the only one who could STOP this would be if Steven Paddock had a season pass to the baseball game"

Jesus.

Like, not wrong, but drat, good ep already.

At first, I thought he meant James Hodgkinson. The only thing James Hodgkinson did wrong was not do excessive target practice and down a dozen pentazemin before he started.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Apoplexy posted:

pentazemin

THAT'S A METAL GEAR SOLID REFERENCE. IT'S THE DRUG YOU TAKE WHEN SNIPING TO STEADY YOUR AIM

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

matt breaking character and saying there was some reason for hope made me triple take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

matt breaking character and saying there was some reason for hope made me triple take

Surely enough, hours after they released that podcast, the tax bill turns out to be so flawed that it accidentally hosed up the one thing it was trying to do: Corporate tax breaks. Whoops! Now they have to re-vote on it and might not get it through because Republicans are loving morons.