Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

Thor's constant fight against the drat Reds is great. Like, dude, you're the god of thunder, why are you so wrapped up in capitalism?

Anyway, more tales from Thor, get ready for the terrifying origin of the Zaniac!

When will man's hubris of leaving open boxes of dynamite sitting around end?!

Also another truly powerful Thor villain with the power to summon Pac Men!

We're neck and neck for reading up on old Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Keeshhound posted:

So who was it from?

The Titanium Man challenging Iron Man to a televised battle. He is, of course, a Soviet gulag commander using old Crimson Dynamo technology that he forced soviet scientists to build for him.

It’s actually a pretty good three story arc, maybe my favourite early Iron Man. Happy, on what seems to be his deathbed, lets out that he knows Iron Man is Stark and that he’s ok dying because he knows Pepper loves him. Then everyone hates Stark because he’s a heartless coward. It’s a good run. Also Don Heck’s best art to this point.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 4, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jordan7hm posted:

The Titanium Man challenging Iron Man to a televised battle. He is, of course, a Soviet gulag commander using old Crimson Dynamo technology that he forced soviet scientists to build for him.

It’s actually a pretty good three story arc, maybe my favourite early Iron Man. Happy, on what seems to be his deathbed, lets out that he knows Iron Man is Stark and that he’s ok dying because he knows Pepper loves him. Then everyone hates Stark because he’s a heartless coward. It’s a good run. Also Don Heck’s best art to this point.

And a pretty good battle if I remember right.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was memorable enough to have it referenced in Marvels.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

And a pretty good battle if I remember right.

Eh, it was ok. The emotions around it were better than the fight itself. The end to the battle was pretty piss too. Heck’s art isn’t strong enough to carry 10+ pages of fighting.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

Tales of Suspense #69

I love how Tony needed to make the dramatic pause before telling her to read it after opening it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

Sif is starting to actually do things every once in a while instead of "oh no I was kidnapped save me Thor!"

Like, you're a warrior god of Asgard, act like it, lady!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

I'm only at #202. :smith:

It's weird how Buscema has a tendency to draw Thor just freaking the gently caress out about everything:

(Thor #184 which was just a convenient example.)

I get that he might want to make Thor a bit more emotional after Kirby, but he overcorrected a lot.

Push El Burrito posted:

Sif is starting to actually do things every once in a while instead of "oh no I was kidnapped save me Thor!"

Like, you're a warrior god of Asgard, act like it, lady!

I get so pleased in the sixties books when Sif actually gets a chance to kick some rear end.

And then three panels later she gets grabbed or teleported away for her own good or something stupid.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 4, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

TwoPair posted:

Nazis, the mafia, geez, how did Jack Kirby have time to write/draw comics in between all the fighting in the office?

Where do you think he got inspiration?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

I love how Tony needed to make the dramatic pause before telling her to read it after opening it.

I like to imagine that he wasn't being just dramatic and he just thinks so little of her that she needed further instruction on what to do with the envelope.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The Great McCormick Place Arcade Massacre was Chicago's darkest hour in the 80s.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

Eh, it was ok. The emotions around it were better than the fight itself. The end to the battle was pretty piss too. Heck’s art isn’t strong enough to carry 10+ pages of fighting.

Was that the one where he Tony burns him alive? Or is that a later fight?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Proteus Jones posted:

I don't know if that was the same Titanium Man, the one you're thinking of was Topolov/Gremlin wearing one version of the Titanium Man armor.

And in that one Tony just set him on fire with his rocket boots (and we all know what happens once a Titanium fire gets going).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh! I know this one!

The same thing that happens to everything else.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I don't know if that was the same Titanium Man, the one you're thinking of was Topolov/Gremlin wearing one version of the Titanium Man armor.

And in that one Tony just set him on fire with his rocket boots (and we all know what happens once a Titanium fire gets going).

Was it this guy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Proteus Jones posted:

That was during Armor/Stark Wars. Pretty sure it was Bob Layton art.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

this breaks the leg.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

Yep.

Not sure how he moved without constantly breaking his arms and legs, but maybe that was his mutant power.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
I'm reading Injustice for the first time... how has no one ever posted THIS in the thread? I nearly died. It's the face that gets me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That sure sums up comics Cyborg.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

Leaving aside the obvious anatomical problems, why does he need a particle accelerator in his head?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

UWBW posted:

I'm reading Injustice for the first time... how has no one ever posted THIS in the thread? I nearly died. It's the face that gets me.

Black Adam looks like one of those ragefaces.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

plainswalker75 posted:

Leaving aside the obvious anatomical problems, why does he need a particle accelerator in his head?

To accelerator particles in Iron Man's face

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

plainswalker75 posted:

Ion beams to gently caress people up

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

goatface posted:

Eye-on beams to gently caress people up

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UWBW posted:

Genos from One Punch Man had the same problem.
He thought of a solution.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Keeshhound posted:

Where do you think he got inspiration?

The original idea for Kirby Dots came after some blood spatter got on the page.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Say Nothing posted:

Genos from One Punch Man had the same problem.
He thought of a solution.

do you ever post anything that isn't fake as hell or watermarked from a piracy site

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

I feel like this should cut away one more layer and reveal Krang in the inner creature's belly.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I haul a bucket of mangosteen from the manga stream.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

do you ever post anything that isn't fake as hell or watermarked from a piracy site

You forgot to post anything.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I'm not sure where this is from. Please tell me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

joehonkie posted:

I don't have the image any more, but Batman and the Monster Men takes place at the beginning of his career. He has to build the first Batmobile after his "Night Car" (a heavily modified sedan that still resembled a regular one) got wrecked when used as an impromptu missile. The conversation goes something like this:

quote:

Alfred: Just don't put any huge bat wings or fins or something silly on it.

Batman: *starts smiling*

Alfred: ....don't tell me you're seriously considering it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snarky, sarcastic Alfred is best Alfred.

I take that back. Snarky, sarcastic Alfred who beat the poo poo out of Superman in Injustice is best Alfred.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

Wait, high octane fuel tank? So this thing runs on gas?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Sesq posted:

Wait, high octane fuel tank? So this thing runs on gas?

It gets three hundred hectares on a single tank of kerosene.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

joehonkie posted:

Officer Down

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Snarky, sarcastic Alfred is best Alfred.

I take that back. Snarky, sarcastic Alfred who beat the poo poo out of Superman in Injustice is best Alfred.

This post is entirely correct and true. Kicking Superman so hard he causes his own show to explode is Alfred’s finest moment.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ecavalli posted:

This post is entirely correct and true. Kicking Superman so hard he causes his own show to explode is Alfred’s finest moment.

Only topped by Alfred having tea while Injustice Superman is fuming right behind him, reminding him at what a loser he is pissing him off WITHOUT the super pill strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

God, I love this sort of poo poo. This level of thought and detail into complete pseudoscience garbage is my favorite thing about old comics.