Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

Congrats new orleans. Maybe someday we'll have a decent offensive coordinator.

Thanks man. So many games we've dropped to you guys because of a dogshit defense so I'm glad we put it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Cmc over Kamara was a complete breakdown in the draft process.

To be fair I think CMC on either New Orleans or New England would be a ROTY candidate. The way he runs in open space is legit good. He has zero push between the tackles though, so I have no idea why people were touting his ability to run. The way he is abruptly stopped on so many running plays makes me sad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He'll probably get better with a bit more experience but the play calling in Carolina is just loving woeful. I think there's about 3 screen passes total and they don't give Cam anywhere near the control he should have.

Plays come in too slow, too often and the supporting cast at receiver is just not good enough.

I just really don't see that improving. The panthers will probably do just well enough to avoid a losing season but miss the playoffs. Hurney will give out a couple of sweetheart extensions and Rivera will give a press conference about executing while Shula continues to take a big poo poo week in and out.

It's so frustrating to watch. You know where the problems lie offensively and there's just no fix week in and week out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m mad that the Saints are probably going to have to play the Panthers again in the wild card round.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

He'll probably get better with a bit more experience but the play calling in Carolina is just loving woeful. I think there's about 3 screen passes total and they don't give Cam anywhere near the control he should have.

Plays come in too slow, too often and the supporting cast at receiver is just not good enough.

I just really don't see that improving. The panthers will probably do just well enough to avoid a losing season but miss the playoffs. Hurney will give out a couple of sweetheart extensions and Rivera will give a press conference about executing while Shula continues to take a big poo poo week in and out.

It's so frustrating to watch. You know where the problems lie offensively and there's just no fix week in and week out.

You guys have not had a real go-to WR in a long time.

Ginn has been great for us, even with his drops. So uh yeah, yall got some problems at OC and drafting there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m mad that the Saints are probably going to have to play the Panthers again in the wild card round.

I just want home games, I don't care who against. Preferably the #1 or #2 seed but that might be a stretch now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That Works posted:

You guys have not had a real go-to WR in a long time.

Ginn has been great for us, even with his drops. So uh yeah, yall got some problems at OC and drafting there.

Yeah that's a big part of the issue. Right now without Olsen Cam kind of doesnt have a dependable sure fire weapon anywhere on the offense.

Someone who can step up and make a play when needed. It would be nice if they'd try to find one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Yeah that's a big part of the issue. Right now without Olsen Cam kind of doesnt have a dependable sure fire weapon anywhere on the offense.

Someone who can step up and make a play when needed. It would be nice if they'd try to find one.

So the question is, will they rush Olsen back to secure a playoff spot?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints are gonna win 12 games and get the fourth seed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

This guy probably knows this, but the Neo Geo Pocket Color was actually the best handheld of its generation.

hell yeah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

depends on the vikings game.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

You would have to think that if Carolina was heading into the green bay game with Rodgers back amd on a two game skid they would have to.

I think next week they could very well be 8-5 with a loss to Minnesota. With the packers playing the browns they'll likely be at 7-6 and on pace with Detroit.

By handing the panthers a loss they'll move into contention for the wild card spot and they play Detroit in the last week. I think Rodgers definitely comes back when he can otherwise their season is over.

If they can't beat the browns it becomes different.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Welp, time to go to Atlanta on a short week. This should be fun.

should be fun. :getin:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
No
One

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

No
One

except all the NOLA expats who moved here when Katrina destroyed their lives.. it's why the dome is loving black on TNF, guaranteed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
uhhh

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

I do remember seeing Ray Nagin ads in 2006 in Atlanta. Was surreal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atlanta Showed you Love
New Orleans wants you Back

those were billboards in Atlanta.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
When new Orleans sent their people they weren't sending their best. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

except all the NOLA expats who moved here when Katrina destroyed their lives.. it's why the dome is loving black on TNF, guaranteed.

you might have wanted to add an "and gold" to that statement

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chilichimp posted:

Have you considered moving it to Gwinnett County

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GOD DAMNIT BECAUSE OF THE SAINTS JERSEYS JEEEEEEEZ

Call me Motorola, because I have been cellphoned.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Have you considered moving it to Gwinnett County

Cobb is the white-bread county now. :cmon:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 4, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YES, Here it is. Saw this during the game and laughed so hard.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/937409677742301185

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I honestly don't think the Panthers could beat a single NFC playoff team, even with Olsen.
We had a healthy Olsen last year and it didn't matter because he spent 85% of plays blocking for our garbage OL.

The play calling is still dogshit, we have no #2 WR, nobody but Luke knows how to tackle, and our secondary is soft AF.
The only legit good team we beat was NE at the start of the season before they got their defense together, and even then the offense in that game is looking a fluke.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

I honestly don't think the Panthers could beat a single NFC playoff team, even with Olsen.
We had a healthy Olsen last year and it didn't matter because he spent 85% of plays blocking for our garbage OL.

The Panthers could have easily beat the Eagles without those two insane turnovers inside their own twenty.

I think Sean McVay runs circles around their defense, since Ron will have no idea how to handle their offense.

But they could easily beat Seattle, and they've already beat Detroit and Atlanta.

But man Carolina is really proof you need to hit on your first rounders. 2014-2017? Benjamin, Shaq, Butler, and CMC.

woof

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The missed tackles yesterday were something else. It's like everyone forgot how to tackle. There was one play where the Panthers missed 2-3 tackles and you could see Keuchly coming from a huge distance behind to finally make the tackle because everyone else is terrible. Another (touchdown play, maybe) where Mike Adams got burned 2-3 times within one play. How is that even possible.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Carolina is 4-4 in conference games.
The other 5 current playoff seeds are 6 wins or better. Atlanta (#7) is 6-3.

I think we're the definite weak leak.
If Atlanta gets in, they may be the only team we match up well against, but it doesn't matter since we'd both be Wildcards and wouldn't play each other.

Philly? No, not now. They are an even better team and our defense has dropped off in the past month.

Minnesota? Atlanta stifled their offense well enough, but our OL won't hold up against their pressure. They may only need 2 TDs to beat us.

Saints? It's been proven that Carolina can't hold them under 30 pts., and we can't count on Shula consistently getting us that many points to win.

Rams? Like you said, no chance at stopping their offense

Seattle? Traditionally we've matched well against them, and they're built similar to us (bad coaching, dumpster fire OL, similar QBs, reliance on defense), but Russell Wilson is more accurate and still allowed to cut loose more than Cam is, so they would have the slight edge. Winnable, but dependent on who melts down first.

I mean, any season you get to beat the Patriots and make the playoffs is technically still a GOOD season, but I'd rather see Shula get fired and some great draft picks than a 1-and-done playoff assbeating at this point.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 4, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s a hurney draft.

All we get is the first rounder. He’ll be all pro, but after that......

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I personally cannot wait for the sweet release from playoff hopes and aspirations this Thursday night when Ingram and Kamara literally run away with our playoff chances.

They legit are gonna run for 400 yards combined.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

weird Asian candy posted:

I personally cannot wait for the sweet release from playoff hopes and aspirations this Thursday night when Ingram and Kamara literally run away with our playoff chances.

I dunno - I'm really worried we get 2016 vintage defense after watching the Vikings game. I fully expect one of those 52-49 games.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, no they aren't. Do you really think that little of the Falcons run defense?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

ulmont posted:

I dunno - I'm really worried we get 2016 vintage defense after watching the Vikings game. I fully expect one of those 52-49 games.

That would be seriously entertaining and would totally love it! We held Minny to 14 points though without Tru and Poole, which is a pretty good task I feel like (I did not watch the game). Our defense has been ok...our offense was starting to get good and then ran into the Vikings buzzsaw.

I dunno what to expect from this team in terms of performance, but I do expect a loss on TNF. It's just not our year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

lol, no they aren't. Do you really think that little of the Falcons run defense?

I think they are going to run wild, yes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I think they are going to run wild, yes.

I seriously doubt that happens, honestly. I'm not saying they won't get yards, I just don't think they're going to have their best game of the year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I seriously doubt that happens, honestly. I'm not saying they won't get yards, I just don't think they're going to have their best game of the year.

So I was clearly exaggerating on the 400 yards thing, but Ingram and Kamara scare the ever-living crap out of me and it honestly would not surprise me if they went for 200+

Though, tbf, I'm currently much more concerned with our offense than our defense.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How would panther bros feel if Jerry Reese were brought in?

Tbh I think draft wise its time they got a decent safety and another running back.

Hopefully hurney cant gently caress that up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Both men coast on their 2007 draft.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Carolina needs a safety and they need a loving left tackle. Matt Kalil is hot garbage and we paid him $55 million; the only thing he and his brother appear to have in common is that neither one is physically capable of blocking anybody this season. There was one play last week where Matt got called for holding and grabbing the face mask and he still almost gave up a sack.

I don't really want Reese but tbh I think he's the only guy that'll keep us from Hurney Round 2, so :suicide:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pass pro hasnt been the problem this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Short week, hate week, coming off a tough loss, playing the Saints, playoff hopes hanging in the balance...I'm as excited for this game as I am scurrrrr'd :ohdear:

• Locked thread