Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is there any better feeling than leading a pubby squad to victory? I joined a frontlines match thirty minutes in with one telegraph left on our team. Rallied my pubs to flank and take out the FOUR dudes laying mortars and FIVE snipers picking at anyone near the telegraph. 10 minutes later we won the match, top squad, and I was 2nd on the team with 51-20 on the board. MLG pro gamers on the other team were very mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
got hate mail right after this incredibly convenient spawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUoAtFYP7co

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
pubbie hate mail is the best

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
OP has XBox and PS4 teams, am I missing something obvious or do no goons play this on PC?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Oh dear me posted:

OP has XBox and PS4 teams, am I missing something obvious or do no goons play this on PC?

this is the console thread, there's a separate PC thread out there somewhere because the master race is too good to mix with us dirt people

edit:
here you go
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 1, 2017

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

winter.mute posted:

this is the console thread, there's a separate PC thread out there somewhere

Ah! Thank you, I am a moron

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
what’s this goon platoon i hear of? i just got a ps4 and need some folks to play with. i’m okay at it, not great.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wiley Scribner posted:

what’s this goon platoon i hear of? i just got a ps4 and need some folks to play with. i’m okay at it, not great.

same

you can search BUTT Clan and it should show up

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Wiley Scribner posted:

Ol Standard Retard posted:

same

you can search BUTT Clan and it should show up

also look for Tactical Hugs

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
This shotgun community assignment has made the game god drat awful, it's 10A Hunter all the time everywhere

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is a nice change from "OH GOD HELLRIEGEL AGAIN drat IT". At least they suck at medium/long ranges unlike the spamcannon.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

winter.mute posted:

this is the console thread, there's a separate PC thread out there somewhere because the master race is too good to mix with us dirt people

edit:
here you go
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178

I know memes are typically frowned upon buuuuttttttt

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
the concept of someone identifying as, and staking emotional positions on, what SPECIFIC hardware processes their leisure activity is utterly loving baffling

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

the concept of someone identifying as, and staking emotional positions on, what SPECIFIC hardware processes their leisure activity is utterly loving baffling

it is, but as a player of both I found that to be amusingly accurate

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you doubt the meme’s veracity, just skim through a couple pages in the PC thread vs this one, compare how many posts are complaining about the game that they play and how many are people posting cool clips they took while having fun

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As a long time pc player I agree. Pc threads usually are complaining and nick picking stuff. Hell, BF3 and BF4 pc threads had barely clips of silly stuff.

I'm slowly leaning to consoles because I'm tired of the driver fuckup, devs being lazy and so. Now I stick with RPGs or whatever is exclusive or easier on my PC and play everything else on my 360/PS4.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you doubt the meme’s veracity, just skim through a couple pages in the PC thread vs this one, compare how many posts are complaining about the game that they play and how many are people posting cool clips they took while having fun

I don't doubt the veracity I lmbo at gamers period, people need to get a loving grip

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Speaking as a gamer, gamers are the worst.

Its pretty easy to just ignore that and have some fun playing. Can't wait for the next round of dlc. Out in a week and a half right?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I really want to try these new weapons and the new lmg damage model. What still surprises me is that coming from PC I'm 90% of the time the ammo guy of the server. Something that console players share with PC is the hate for free points from resupplies.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
I tried to complete the shotgun challenge way too late and failed but I did unlock a slug variant of one and while it is heads or tails when shooting, its very satisfying to get a one hit kill.

Also whats the best sharing site to share some cool poo poo I did in game?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
The 12G Automatic has to be the most violent weapon in the game. I feel like I'm barely controlling it when I press the trigger.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Shotguns are way more lethal at a distance than I'm used to in video games.

I had a lot of fun over the 2x xp weekend, and ranked up a ridiculous amount doing the operations to get the battlekit. I'm becoming not a terrible medic! Pretty good at support too. I completed the medic service assignment and the omnivorous palate one. To finish assault I need 1 more vehicle destroyed with anti-tank grenade, and something else, and to finish support I need to kill 9 more people with the crossbow.

Anyone willing to drive a tank up to me and let me blow it up?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sent ya an invite, will clear your clan app when I'm done shooting alien mans. Gunshow_Poophole

I'm also getting back into this after several months of idleness. I'm already friends with you, probably for D2, but if there's room in a goon clan could you find room for me? PSN: kittypoptart

e: lol, I think I already joined BUTT Clan when I first started playing. Shows how often I use the Communities.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 4, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

^^^^ Got your friend invite!

And here's another limpet mashup (well, there's a medic clip that had to use somewhere but). I'm the MVL of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-ahT_teFs

I love how pubbies ignore limpets as I throw them before dying. The last clip was a glorious save on that radio bomb.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 4, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Suicide limpet charges will forever and always be my favorite.

What are you stuck sensitivity settings? You’re turning fast as poo poo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

e.pilot posted:

Suicide limpet charges will forever and always be my favorite.

What are you stuck sensitivity settings? You’re turning fast as poo poo.

I use KontrolFreeks so I usually have high sensitivity as I love the control they give. I don't know but I feel much more precise with them.

My sensitivity settings are:
Soldier stick: 35%
Soldier Zoom: 100%
Vehicle stick: 40%
Stick aiming acceleration: 0%
-Controller Right Stick-
Center Deadzone: 18%
Axial deadzone: 15%
Max imput threshold: 100%
Uniform soldier aiming ON and 133%

I just messed with the settings until it felt right for me. I'm sure that I hosed something since I can't play scout for poo poo.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It's getting about that time again so I looked up info for the next expansion.

Highlights:
  • Turning Tides has been cut into halves and we'll get two maps in December and two more in January. As of now only the first two maps have an associated Operation.
  • 6 new guns: M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka. 2 new melee weapons too but I'm the only one who actually cares about that poo poo
  • The expansion's new elite class is the Infiltrator, which seems to have higher running speed and can supposedly "hide in plain sight," but we all know everyone will figure out the tell within 48 hours
  • 2 new vehicles: A brand new murderboat and a mini blimp!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Will this expansion result in now five different player bases ala them never merging all the other maps into a single playlist

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Will this expansion result in now five different player bases ala them never merging all the other maps into a single playlist
On Xbox they have mixed servers now actually :fap:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo they're on piss4 too

Dang I been destiny 2ing too hard

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo they're on piss4 too

Dang I been destiny 2ing too hard

I'll Destiny 2ing hard when they release a "complete" pack and not sell me an unfinished game. I liked 1 but I only played it since last december and because I got a cheap ultimate or whatever edition.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Guillermus posted:

I'll Destiny 2ing hard when they release a "complete" pack and not sell me an unfinished game. I liked 1 but I only played it since last december and because I got a cheap ultimate or whatever edition.

Yeah not to uh, hoist myself on my own petard /gimmick here but I only picked it up because two of my IRL friends wanted to hang out and play it.

It got boring super fast.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Longer clips of mainly LMGing pubbies. If the Madsen wasn't so obtrusive with that huge banana magazine on top, it could be one of my favourite LMGs. Same happened to me with the Bren on CoD 1 and 2 on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4_3Ki3T4k

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’m pretty fond of the Chauchat and Perino as far as LMGs go.

MG15 low weight is good too.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Guillermus posted:

Longer clips of mainly LMGing pubbies. If the Madsen wasn't so obtrusive with that huge banana magazine on top, it could be one of my favourite LMGs. Same happened to me with the Bren on CoD 1 and 2 on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4_3Ki3T4k

As someone with around 20 service stars with the Madsen, you get used to it. It's worth it for all the other great things about it.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It's getting about that time again so I looked up info for the next expansion.

Highlights:
  • Turning Tides has been cut into halves and we'll get two maps in December and two more in January. As of now only the first two maps have an associated Operation.
  • 6 new guns: M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka. 2 new melee weapons too but I'm the only one who actually cares about that poo poo
  • The expansion's new elite class is the Infiltrator, which seems to have higher running speed and can supposedly "hide in plain sight," but we all know everyone will figure out the tell within 48 hours
  • 2 new vehicles: A brand new murderboat and a mini blimp!

I haven't gotten a melee weapon piece in months. This weapon skin system could be the worst ever in BF.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
Finally put some time in the PS4 version. I got the medals this week for playing frontlines and supply drop. The supply drop one took two maps. It took forever for the Frontlines one. I'm done with that mode until they make me play it again.

Fedorov Avtomat is OP

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I enjoy playing this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5p3GwVAgDY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's a nice clip. I just can't use bolt action rifles on this game for some reason. Put me a semi auto and I'm fine even at long ranges but for some reason my brain stops when it comes to get snap shooting in BF1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy
This took forever

Only registered members can see post attachments!