Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

They should bring back the diesel V10 for the Volkswagen's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

Speaking of cars for fat people

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-lamborghini-urus-suv-arrives-with-641-hp-news

Here's a 4400lb V8 Lamborghini SUV that's slower than a Jeep.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Yeah, it's got VAG written all over it.

Well, if you buy it you'll get a lot of badge.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I randomly thought about the pussy shrapnel thread the other day and had a good chuckle. Also the Lambo SUV is mega stupid looking. It reminds me of the first-gen Cayenne where the designers pretty much just blew up a 911 to SUV size and called it a day

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dislike button posted:

I randomly thought about the pussy shrapnel thread the other day and had a good chuckle. Also the Lambo SUV is mega stupid looking. It reminds me of the first-gen Cayenne where the designers pretty much just blew up a 911 to SUV size and called it a day

Didn't Lamborghini's top designer get poached by Hyundai recently? Maybe it's a leadership/transition issue

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How long until we get a Lambo badged Golf?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Powershift posted:

Sort of like thr Aston Martin Cygnet?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

See also: Porsche Cayenne.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

It should also have a V12.

The Bentayga gets a W12 because it's a Bentley
The Q7 gets a 3.0 because it's an Audi
The Touareg gets a 2.0 because it's a VW
The Cayenne gets a twin turbo V8 because it's a Porsche
The Urus should get a V12 because it's a Lamborghini.

It's not that difficult but VAG screwed it up anyways.

Haha what the hell is this?

When I think of Bentley, I think of a W12!

When I think of Audi, I think of a 3.0!

When I think of VW, I think of a 2.0!

When I think of Porsche, I think of a TT V8!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eyebeem posted:

Yeah, that's generally what the last 15 years looks like.

I don't want to break your heart, but 3 out of every 4 porches sold have at least 4 doors. Every audi either starts with or can be optioned up to the 3.0, the Continental GT is probably the only reason Bentley still exists.

Up until today, every Lamborghini since 1989 has had at least 10 cylinders.

edit: I changed my mind, i do want to break your heart, The Urus will be the best selling lamborghini of all time until they bring out another SUV based on the Macan.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 5, 2017

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

edit: I changed my mind, i do want to break your heart, The Urus will be the best selling lamborghini of all time until they bring out another SUV based on the Macan.

You know this is absolutely true. If BMW can sell those 'sport coupe' SUV crossover things with a million horsepower a Lamborghini that doesn't inconvenience me on the way to the golf course is even better.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powershift posted:

I don't want to break your heart, but 3 out of every 4 porches sold have at least 4 doors.

well i get the regular door and the screen door but you've lost me with the other two

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

well i get the regular door and the screen door but you've lost me with the other two

The cat door and the little tiny disney-esque one where all the mice get in

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
The Urus looks like an Audi and a Toyota C-HR's deformed offspring.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

Powershift posted:

Speaking of cars for fat people

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-lamborghini-urus-suv-arrives-with-641-hp-news

Here's a 4400lb V8 Lamborghini SUV that's slower than a Jeep.
Oh cool, a Honda Crosstour Type-R.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

eyebeem posted:

Clearly the Porsche SUV should have an air-cooled flat 12 out of a 917.

Audi SUV a 5cyl, and the VW obviously a 34hp flat 4 in the trunk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wish luxury SUVs didnt sell so loving well.
may the gods forever drat the escalade and drown its memory in the deepest pits of hell.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Audi SUV a 5cyl, and the VW obviously a 34hp flat 4 in the trunk.

If those were still a thing there wouldn't be a Porsche SUV or Audi SUV

If you went back to 2001 and explained the Porsche Cayenne to the people of that time, they would beat the poo poo out of you.

You could say "People of 2001, i am from 2017 where Donald Trump is president and Porsche has 2 SUVs" and people would ask how bad the SUVs are.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Powershift posted:

If those were still a thing there wouldn't be a Porsche SUV or Audi SUV

If you went back to 2001 and explained the Porsche Cayenne to the people of that time, they would beat the poo poo out of you.

You could say "People of 2001, i am from 2017 where Donald Trump is president and Porsche has 2 SUVs" and people would ask how bad the SUVs are.

Wasn't the Cayenne introduced right around 2001? We have the Mercedes M-class to thank for all this, which was old enough to show up in American Beauty which was shot in 1998.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I don't mind SUVs really but the Urus is just not a good looking one IMO. Even the Bentayga looks better.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Twerk from Home posted:

Wasn't the Cayenne introduced right around 2001? We have the Mercedes M-class to thank for all this, which was old enough to show up in American Beauty which was shot in 1998.

2002. The M-Class is cool because it basically ruined Mercedes-Benz's "bulletproof" reputation overnight. There were other factors of course (the late 90s wasn't a great time for Mercedes road cars) but it was the main one.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Tbqh if every SUV was as good to drive as the Macan GTS we’d love the niche.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wish luxury SUVs didnt sell so loving well.
may the gods forever drat the escalade and drown its memory in the deepest pits of hell.

They sell well enough to keep the companies producing cool cars. The Cayenne is a license to print money for Porsche.

Also I like the Urus. Its fun.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the Urus isn't a terrible looking vehicle. In fact it's probably the best looking SUV.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Twerk from Home posted:

I want to live in the world where this exists, thank you very much

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dislike button posted:

I don't mind SUVs really but the Urus is just not a good looking one IMO. Even the Bentayga looks better.

:eyepop:

The Urus isn't a good looking car but the Bentayga looks like how having someone give you a sandpaper handjob feels.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The Urus isn't a good looking car but the Bentayga looks like how having someone give you a sandpaper handjob feels.

I stand by my statement but maybe it looks better in person. In person the Bentayga just looks like a fancier Q7 to me.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

it's a toss up between this abortion and the loving awful nissan armada and it's infiniti sibling for worst looking SUV of all time

i fell like the armada is worse because there are more of them and i'm more likely to have to see one on a daily basis

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

it's a toss up between this abortion and the loving awful nissan armada and it's infiniti sibling for worst looking SUV of all time

i fell like the armada is worse because there are more of them and i'm more likely to have to see one on a daily basis

The Armada would be redeemed if Nissan would offer the cool off-road stuff they do with the Patrol overseas. And while you're more likely to see an Armada/QX80, it's not that much more likely because most people in that market buy the GM product.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

BraveUlysses posted:

I have to see one of those infiniti sperm whales nearly every day so I'm going with that one as the worst. It's almost aggressively ugly in ways most other luxury suvs are just kind of bland and repetitive.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

Change the styling a bit, throw a massive engine in a Golf R and call it a day IMO.

I mean, I'm pretty excited about getting a new Golf R as is, but one with twice as many horsepowers would be good too!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've warmed up to the Mazda CX-3 and C-HR. If SUVs just evolve into slightly lifted hatchbacks I'll consider it a win.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

I've warmed up to the Mazda CX-3 and C-HR. If SUVs just evolve into slightly lifted hatchbacks I'll consider it a win.

For most of the subcompact SUV market, that's pretty much what they are. There's just a divide between those that try to mimic the upright taller riding of bigger SUVs (i.e. Renegade) or try to pretend to be cars with just increased ride height (i.e. CX-3)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

I have to see one of those infiniti sperm whales nearly every day so I'm going with that one as the worst. It's almost aggressively ugly in ways most other luxury suvs are just kind of bland and repetitive.

I have no idea what sighted people buy those things, and have to assume that they are sold with incentives so massive they somehow induce blindness. They're like an avatar of overcompensation in a way that eclipses even bro trucks.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Finger Prince posted:

I have no idea what sighted people buy those things, and have to assume that they are sold with incentives so massive they somehow induce blindness. They're like an avatar of overcompensation in a way that eclipses even bro trucks.

I can only assume that entry into a Nissan/Infiniti dealer causes mental damage. That's the only way I can see someone buying that godawful SUV, or a Sentra, or literally any other Nissan except perhaps a 350/370Z or GT-R.

And also gently caress Nissan for treating the GT-R like it's a piece of the true cross or something. If I can get inside a 911 Turbo one booth away at the car show, you can loving well unlock the GT-R.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Sentra (And Nissan in general) gives you almost-Japanese reliability for American levels of savings off sale price and ease of securing financing.

Nissan makes sense when you think of it as the brand for people who can't/won't afford a Honda or Toyota but who don't want an American or Korean car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nissans are generally pretty bad aside from the 2 ancient sports cars it makes. The merger with Renault saved the company but in the process it lost it's soul.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

PT6A posted:

I can only assume that entry into a Nissan/Infiniti dealer causes mental damage. That's the only way I can see someone buying that godawful SUV, or a Sentra, or literally any other Nissan except perhaps a 350/370Z or GT-R.

And also gently caress Nissan for treating the GT-R like it's a piece of the true cross or something. If I can get inside a 911 Turbo one booth away at the car show, you can loving well unlock the GT-R.

The massive QX is a fun rental at least. Comfy and will swallow up anything.

Wouldn’t ever own one though.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Sentra (And Nissan in general) gives you almost-Japanese reliability for American levels of savings off sale price and ease of securing financing.

Nissan makes sense when you think of it as the brand for people who can't/won't afford a Honda or Toyota but who don't want an American or Korean car.

I drove a brand new one, albeit rental-spec'd, and if that's what it's like when it's new, the reliability doesn't matter a whit. It was the only car I've ever driven, or even been in, that's completely joyless on every single possible level. I've been in Ladas I liked better. The only car I hated so much as the Sentra was a Geely rental I was in one time in Cuba. And even it wasn't so bad, since it had a stick instead of an inherently unloveable CVT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Nissans seem to be the sub-prime lending vehicle of choice these days, which fits with their (lack of) good design or excitement. I don't think they make a single vehicle for normal people that is competitive in its class. Hyundai and Kia seem to be making better and more exciting cars than Nissan these days.

It's sad but their entire lineup just reeks of :effort: