Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Powershift posted:

Just paint and one more thing to scroll through in your pegasus menu.

they can't even give it flares and/or a sweet paintjob in the hangar workshop, what a shameful-rear end display

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. I want to mod my Hydra because holy poo poo flares are nice. I also want an oppressor but man gently caress grinding out 5 mil. Plus upgrades if possible.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Psion posted:

I think it might be time for GTA to go away and my SSD to finally have space on it again.

LOL @ anyone who puts a game like GTAV on a SSD.

Soulex posted:

Yeah. I want to mod my Hydra because holy poo poo flares are nice. I also want an oppressor but man gently caress grinding out 5 mil. Plus upgrades if possible.

You can get flares on a Hydra? I thought paint colors were the only thing you could do with it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Domestic Amuse posted:

lol?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Domestic Amuse posted:

It totally lets you brain the other thee people immediately after a heist before they finish loading.

Worth it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Domestic Amuse posted:

You can get flares on a Hydra? I thought paint colors were the only thing you could do with it.

You can’t. I wish you could I meant.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

Just got this on PC in preparation for winter gaming season. I put in a request to the LLJK crew- I have the same username in-game. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Same here. It's intimidating.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Hook up with the discord dudes. The game has been dead with goons ever since the grind became all about personal gain over activities but you'll find help there.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

MC Club contracts are double money and double RP for two weeks. You can do them in a friend or invite session and make maybe $50k every 15 minutes, which is not terrible and they're varied enough to be interesting for a while.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

FuturePastNow posted:

MC Club contracts are double money and double RP for two weeks. You can do them in a friend or invite session and make maybe $50k every 15 minutes, which is not terrible and they're varied enough to be interesting for a while.

this is the best news.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Worth noting they also increased the speed at which Bunkers churn through supplies by 25% for two weeks. I never bought any of the MC poo poo, but the bunker is pretty good money right now too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Domestic Amuse posted:

Stop being a cheapskate and get an SSD with more disk space than an 3.5" floppy disk.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Combat Pretzel posted:

Stop being a cheapskate and get an SSD with more disk space than an 3.5" floppy disk.

actually the long loading times are a great time to stop and reflect, a perfect frozen moment to watch the ashes of your dreams slipping through your fingers.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Jose Mengelez posted:

actually the long loading times are a great time to stop and reflect, a perfect frozen moment to watch the ashes of your dreams slipping through your fingers.

:rznv:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Combat Pretzel posted:

*spends money on Shark Cards to buy the latest Warstock playne plus upgrades*

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Combat Pretzel posted:

Is there much point, either you are waiting for everyone else to load or it's the networking taking all the time, like the difference between private session and public.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It definitely makes a difference to initial load times, although in itself it's not enough to justify buying an SSD.

That said, if you don't have an SSD at all then getting one is like upping your RAM in the early 00s was, the difference in performance is immediate and astounding and every minute you don't have one is a minute where your computer isn't whole.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Carecat posted:

Is there much point, either you are waiting for everyone else to load or it's the networking taking all the time, like the difference between private session and public.

There is absolutely a point and like all other points in this universe of ours, it's not to be found in grand theft auto online.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
So, yacht teleport is amazing. I abused it today to drop in on bounties, people running missions, etc. You can pretty much pop out on top of people already pulling the pin on a hand grenade. Then Lester teleport home, havok to yacht and repeat. I would happily pay yacht prices for this power.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The current batch of menus and modders are incredibly malicious. Blacklisting from CEOs and hard crashes everywhere.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Locobono posted:

So, yacht teleport...

Explain?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

set spawn location to yacht,
change sessions,
turn on job icons,
find job near your target,
click and join job,
exit lobby,
spawn next to target.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

set spawn location to yacht,
change sessions,
turn on job icons,
find job near your target,
click and join job,
exit lobby,
spawn next to target.

Urge to boot this game up rising...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

Urge to boot this game up rising...

Just make sure you see a doctor if the urge lasts four or more hours.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Booted this game up after not playing basically since the hangers dropped.

First thing is Rockstar "corrected" my bank account by $400,000 (the exact amount that they gave me for logging in during a promotion)

Then I can't find a lobby where a modder isn't running rampant.

Really glad they do everything they can to stop modders that drop money but don't give a single gently caress about modders that grief.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I've just started modding in SP. Running World of Variety, World of Dispatch, and some other QoL things and it's pretty fun. Being able to go "Oh drat I wanna play with that car" and giving myself 2.2 billion dollars is nice.

Maybe I'll just get a mod menu for online and enjoy it till they ban me.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Akion posted:

As long as you don't drop cash for others or give yourself cash I think you'll be safe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Floppychop posted:

First thing is Rockstar "corrected" my bank account by $400,000 (the exact amount that they gave me for logging in during a promotion)

was it 400,000 or -400,000 because they use the same text to add and remove money, the difference is literally whether the quantity is a positive or negative number

because if you haven't played much since hangars, it could be that was actually getting your promo 400k

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Psion posted:

was it 400,000 or -400,000 because they use the same text to add and remove money, the difference is literally whether the quantity is a positive or negative number

because if you haven't played much since hangars, it could be that was actually getting your promo 400k

It said 400,000, but I had 400k less than last time I logged in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

well that's not how it worked for me, but then again, Rockstar

:shrug:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jose Mengelez posted:

I get enough of that poo poo getting hung up in the clouds indefinitely and for no reason. Also who is buying 3d cards good enough to run gta5 and not bothering with an SSD?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I don't think I'd ever bother to put this game on a SSD because it takes up a ton of space and really doesn't have much in the way of loading screens beyond the first one.

If I play free roam the longest interruption is like a 5 second dark screen when loading a hangar or garage.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

loving stats going down is bullshit. Lost a full bar of shooting and strength in a month of not playing.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

loving stats going down is bullshit. Lost a full bar of shooting and strength in a month of not playing.

Haha what the actual gently caress, I used to play this game with my friend all the time but just play by myself once a month now. If he ever logs back in all his stats are going to be gone lol.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

davebo posted:

Also who is buying 3d cards good enough to run gta5 and not bothering with an SSD?

People who post justifications on message boards

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

davebo posted:

I get enough of that poo poo getting hung up in the clouds indefinitely and for no reason. Also who is buying 3d cards good enough to run gta5 and not bothering with an SSD?

GTA5 doesn't actually require that much power to run. I was getting a solid 30 with High graphics settings on a GTX 750ti and 4GB of DDR2 RAM. Now that I've upgraded my CPU and RAM a lil bit I can get 60

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

72GB is still a pretty big chunk of most SSDs

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Akion posted:

I've just started modding in SP. Running World of Variety, World of Dispatch, and some other QoL things and it's pretty fun. Being able to go "Oh drat I wanna play with that car" and giving myself 2.2 billion dollars is nice.

Speaking of modding, is there anything that lets you:

1) Port your online character into single player along with customization options
2) Have vehicle mechanic/garage access like online does
3) Add something like Chinatown Wars drug dealing

Cause I enjoy the game mechanics of driving, shooting, etc, but gently caress me these missions are stale as hell and I don't give a poo poo about PvP at all. Basically I just want the neat poo poo Online adds in single player with more varied missions and such :(

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering the same thing, TBH. You could (in theory) use something like Menyoo to do a lot of that. You can alter your character model, voice, etc... and create/save vehicles to spawn at will. There are also some mods that add the online houses/garages to single player, as well as hangars and such.

Right now I have it set up where all the DLC vehicles are available in SP via Menyoo, and I can just customize them in there. Trying to get hangars to work in SP, then I'll probably add more houses or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey, a new heist!

• Locked thread