Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well this isn’t good re: same-sex marriage

https://www.dallasvoice.com/breakin...medium=facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NSA WIZARD
Jan 20, 2016

KildarX posted:

I've been thinking of a project that straps a solar cell to a drone carrying a raspberry pi that utilizes a network of raspberry pis for remote connection to attack WiFi networks. Just a thought experiment.

:nsamad:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KildarX posted:

I've been thinking of a project that straps a solar cell to a drone carrying a raspberry pi that utilizes a network of raspberry pis for remote connection to attack WiFi networks. Just a thought experiment.

This is called warflying iirc

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

KildarX posted:

Yeah what M_Gargantua said, warflying has been a thought experiment/active practice for a few years.
At my old consulting firm, we teamed up with the State University's cyber-security faculty to see the feasibility of this. It seemed that a whole bunch of people called the cops/public safety when they saw the drone hovering around buildings/windows- and the wifi signal through concrete roofs wasn't always the best.

Best results require an gas-powered octo-rotor with integrated/separate power supply and a monster of an injection antenna.

fake E: I forgot that there was a Raytheon office and FBI Cyber Crime/Infragard command center within a quarter mile of our test site. Not the best project in hindsight.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Immanentized posted:

Yeah what M_Gargantua said, warflying has been a thought experiment/active practice for a few years.
At my old consulting firm, we teamed up with the State University's cyber-security faculty to see the feasibility of this. It seemed that a whole bunch of people called the cops/public safety when they saw the drone hovering around buildings/windows- and the wifi signal through concrete roofs wasn't always the best.

Best results require an gas-powered octo-rotor with integrated/separate power supply and a monster of an injection antenna.

fake E: I forgot that there was a Raytheon office and FBI Cyber Crime/Infragard command center within a quarter mile of our test site. Not the best project in hindsight.

yeah that seems like a great way to get Gitmo'd

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

c'mon I could compromise most of the people at ft meade with a ten dollar gift card to Walmart and a copy of their browser history

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Yup, 9 and I’ll never run or jump again with PTSD and a bunch others like tussive syncope and dihydrotic eczema.

I can’t even get a job at Burger King.

poo poo, I'm sure my boss would take a gamble on another veteran. Better than most of the chucklefucks we get here without a DD214. Some of these fucks are undiagnosed dyslexic.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Immanentized posted:

I didn't see this come across the forums yet, but the sudden burst in availability and popularity of drones has been weirding me out for some time now:
https://info.publicintelligence.net/ICE-DJI-China.pdf

This is why I've been pretty amazed with the syrian war. Sure, a lot of us have had phones that record poo poo and that has made police and military actions more weird over time being more open to the average person to watch, but now we are watching drones film a bombardment before and after or watching them drop rounds on people and the poo poo is uploaded within hours.

The speed of this change has just been incredible and I really wonder what kind of effects this will have on people who are online too much.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

c'mon I could compromise most of the people at ft meade with a ten dollar gift card to Walmart and a copy of their browser history

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yeah that seems like a great way to get Gitmo'd

Did I post the Open Source Intel stuff in this thread, or was that just in PMs? It's loving wild what you can get away with .

osintframework.com

gently caress, just spend $1,000 to buy a custom tracker on a major ad network and watch the personal identifiable information and habits just flow in.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sorry NSA Wizard please continue to ignore me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
How loving dumb is Paul Manafort?

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/937800163808210944

https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/937803734641512448

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

poo poo, I'm sure my boss would take a gamble on another veteran. Better than most of the chucklefucks we get here without a DD214. Some of these fucks are undiagnosed dyslexic.

Problem isn’t performance job wise. I have to lay down sometimes because my legs hurt to goddamn bad (or my nuts) and you can’t exactly get out of work to go smoke pot and lay down. The sentiment is nice though, I reckon it might also be imposter syndrome.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wow exceedingly loving dumb

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This means he has all he needs.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

How loving dumb is Paul Manafort?

It’s not fair for Mueller to beat up on raid finder Manafort when he could certainly do mythic.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what does this mean

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

what does this mean

hes under house arrest still and won't have freedom for a while

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s not fair for Mueller to beat up on raid finder Manafort when he could certainly do mythic.

A raid boss that stand in he own fire

Shameful

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

what does this mean

I think they go to court to see if manafort has to have different bail conditions, or bail at all. Manafort arguing that he's fine, Mueller arguing that he needs to be in jail until the trial.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

what does this mean

Manafort had a massive bail package where he basically was putting up all of his assets that weren't tied to current charges and prosecution had supported it. They withdrew that support because he's been ghost writing pro-russian op-eds that indicate his is a major flight risk and will never be back on US soil if he is let out on bail.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This is all legal per Alabama law, but eww eww loving yuck gross ew.

https://twitter.com/EmGusk/status/937805384194121728

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/937807049152454656

Fuckin ick.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

November 30th of this year is when he was last in contact with the Russians. November 30th of this year, like 5 loving days ago :psyduck:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

According to this CBS report, the op-ed is unpublished:
:nsallears::nsallears:

Also according to the article, a condition of his release was "no press releases" and ghost-writing a puff piece would not only be a violation, but one done knowing that it wasn't allowed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lmao its like he's being intentionally sabotaged by someone who knows how dumb he is

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
You know, people have said before that real disaster would just be someone with a functioning brain grabbing the Trump playbook and running with it. Putin is that person, isn't he? Making Trump the guy without a functioning brain seeing if it would work anyway.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mister Sinewave posted:

You know, people have said before that real disaster would just be someone with a functioning brain grabbing the Trump playbook and running with it. Putin is that person, isn't he? Making Trump the guy without a functioning brain seeing if it would work anyway.

The goal is to kneecap the US and allow Russia a way to sew its diseased petrostate economy back into the world.

Making the US into a dysfunctional wreck is the goal: A puppet state would be a bonus, but not necessarily the intention.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Problem isn’t performance job wise. I have to lay down sometimes because my legs hurt to goddamn bad (or my nuts) and you can’t exactly get out of work to go smoke pot and lay down. The sentiment is nice though, I reckon it might also be imposter syndrome.

Meh. We do alright. I have bad days where the guys cover my load a bit. Had to take PTO because of my back a few times. Joys of being flexible.

We don't drug test. Our general rule is don't come to work smelling like a skunks' rear end in a top hat. I vape hash on breaks some days. Others, I come home for lunch to walk Frank and hit a dab or two. I'm a lot nicer and organized employee if I'm slightly stoned. Of course, being in Colorado, you can't tell who's high and who's sober. And my tolerance is loving nuts, so I'm not even goofy high, just beyond dealing with bullshit. I pick way more accurately, regardless of how high I am, than my coworkers. It's all in how you handle your high.

If you find yourself in the Springs, the door will probably be open.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Here's a current event: one of the busiest roads in the DC region is now a toll road, and it costs $35.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...omepage%2Fstory

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Finally, something for us MD commuters to shut up the NOVA crowd with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's not like you could travel at those periods as a solo driver anyway. You want to go in/out during rush hour as a solo driver? Pay the gently caress up. It's still free if you have two or more people.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I just avoid any part of I-66 during daylight hours.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Whoops

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Meh. We do alright. I have bad days where the guys cover my load a bit. Had to take PTO because of my back a few times. Joys of being flexible.

We don't drug test. Our general rule is don't come to work smelling like a skunks' rear end in a top hat. I vape hash on breaks some days. Others, I come home for lunch to walk Frank and hit a dab or two. I'm a lot nicer and organized employee if I'm slightly stoned. Of course, being in Colorado, you can't tell who's high and who's sober. And my tolerance is loving nuts, so I'm not even goofy high, just beyond dealing with bullshit. I pick way more accurately, regardless of how high I am, than my coworkers. It's all in how you handle your high.

If you find yourself in the Springs, the door will probably be open.

Cheers man. Thanks. Right now its kind of open. I do plan on getting my masters as I’m on Voc Rehab and might as well use all the benefits while I can because it’s only a matter of time before they start making it come out of your 9/11 Bill again. I’m not sure where but the ideas were SDSU and NAU. Ideally both because NAU has a documentary program I’d like to do but I doubt I can afford on my own. I was also looking into the surrounding areas like Flagstaff, Az because that place is loving magical to me. Especially further north with the Grand Canyon. But Colorado is actually on my wife and I’s “maybe” and considering leaving California is “definitively.” I was debating PhD program but after getting my first taste of real research, gently caress that poo poo.

I’ll always be thankful for being a 90’s SoCal kid but it’s too loving hard out here. The option I also might do, is just loving x-pat to Albania and live in relative wealth on disability for the rest of my life and my kids won’t be disadvantaged for being American either. Seriously, her family owns poo poo everywhere and we already did the math but a good apartment downtown Tirana (Capital) is like 200 dollars a month.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Atlanta's express toll gets up to $13 one way, only gets you up to the I-285 perimeter.

Toll roads are a loving ripoff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The best road advice I got was “take lots of spare change up to Chicago” after the Army shipped my car from St Louis and then had to drive to Chicago to PCS fly to Germany.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Well how else can they pay for business welfare if they don't slash transportation funding

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

PA Turnpike was supposed to be toll-free once the construction costs were paid. That was achieved like 50 years ago.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well maybe if you lib-tards didn't need to drive into town to get your Panera bread and advocato toast you wouldn't be spending so much on tolls.

Back in my day we'd walk a mile to the factory each morning, carting a big home made lunch from our wives! Ungrateful millennials!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

redneck nazgul posted:

I just avoid any part of I-66 during daylight hours.

This is the correct response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

That Works posted:

Trump’s Saturday tweets had stoked controversy, as he wrote that “I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI.” Previously, the White House had cited only the false statements to Pence as a rationale for dismissing Flynn.

• Locked thread