Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Based on that map, it looks like they're planning an invasion of Madagascar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sandpuppy posted:

Madagascar's a tough nut to crack. We need unconventional tactics on this one.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Yes. Pelosi said a thing that was easy to take out of context. That doesn't negate the fact that the ACA was debated in the open for over a God drat year you fucker.

Democrats need some sort of reverse Frank Luntz that just warns them what words and phrases republicans are going to harp on.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Sandpuppy posted:

They must play Pandemic between tweet crisis alarms.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

rodbeard posted:

Democrats need some sort of reverse Frank Luntz that just warns them what words and phrases republicans are going to harp on.

Assuming it's even possible to, 100% of the time, say things that cannot possibly be misconstrued / taken out of context by relentless bad-faith actors, the conservative media would just make poo poo up wholesale. So in other words, nothing would be different.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Assuming it's even possible to, 100% of the time, say things that cannot possibly be misconstrued / taken out of context by relentless bad-faith actors, the conservative media would just make poo poo up wholesale. So in other words, nothing would be different.

At this point, I'm surprised that Fox and Friends haven't just started splicing together different video clips to make people say what they want.

Hillary in a blue sweater: "I did..."
Hillary in 1993: "...all..."
Hillary in a space suit: "Of the..."
Trump in a Hillary mask: "Benghazis."

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

""Not All Men!" - A Young Woman" - A Decrepit Old Man and his lazy-rear end Protege

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

In Scandinavia it's customary to put out porridge each christmas for the gnomes (or nisse as they're known in Scandinavia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisse_(folklore)) so that they won't wreck your poo poo.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Grogquock posted:

Haha this is so funny because he's without question effectively raped dozens and dozens (maybe hundreds?) of women of whom he has life and death control over. Oh that Ramirez, what won't he joke about.

Remember when he had an ex girlfriend executed, along with all of her coworkers?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
So these guys are blaming the impending stock market doom on this investigation, huh

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also, weird that Tinsley is taking that dangerous trip of "Well what if they lied?" since they're weirdly adamant about believing women when it comes to Bill Clinton.

I mean, I know he's full of poo poo and don't care about women, but if he's not careful his misogyny might be as transparent as his transphobia!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

"I wish I could be a woman so I could constantly exploit the system which I know they all totally do all the time."

Three of the same strawman. Weak poo poo.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
A long time ago someone posted Mallard Fillmore's origin comic which started off with him being fired from a newspaper job by a woman making false sexual assault allegations after he said "you're looking good today" or something.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

M2Bulls posted:

This week at Trump's: 80% off Bears Ears

It finally broke free to start a life on its own :unsmith:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

Actually, if you turn it upside down, then it's a map of south Korea and Japan, he just didn't bother to draw the pacific coast of Japan.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alhazred posted:

In Scandinavia it's customary to put out porridge each christmas for the gnomes (or nisse as they're known in Scandinavia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisse_(folklore)) so that they won't wreck your poo poo.

Actually this is now an outdated problem and not one we contend with anymore.

With modern LED lights the problem is, those loving power adapters! They break and break and break, I got three sets of lights out of commission and replacement adapters are not sold by stores. So I have been looking for suitable replacements and there might have to be soldering and poo poo but I should have a new IP44 graded adapter for the biggest outdoor led strip that I permanently mounted and won't be loving taking down anytime soon!

Obviously they are just counting on most people to buy new each year because the cost for a power adapter is half the price of a new led strip package. But gently caress if I am gonna let them win.

Still got two smaller sets non working though... they require less voltage so I should be able to scrounge some adapters from work.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

[quote="ACRE & EQUAT" post=""479031615"]

It finally broke free to start a life on its own :unsmith:
[/quote]

It too chose evil. :smith:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Actually this is now an outdated problem and not one we contend with anymore...

Up to this point I was 100% convinced you were talking about gnomes

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
The gnomes might have switched to busting the power adapters, but look at that red eyed gnome and then think about a multinational corporation, which is the more evil of the two? Which is the far more likely to be responsible?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Every now and again I will actually read a Prickly City and I always notice something I hate. I hate Winslow's rayman legs.

Thats it, I have nothing of worth to add other then that and also if you are living in Alabama go loving vote next week for god's sake.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 5, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just another set of stupid words from another man who has never had a woman in their life open up to them about being sexually assaulted.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

When you're too cowardly to actually state what you mean - what women should be believed about, your output turns into an even more incoherent steam of prehensile vomit than usual. The poor WASP man in the final panel really wishes people would believe him when he suffers from sexual harassment?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xander77 posted:

When you're too cowardly to actually state what you mean - what women should be believed about, your output turns into an even more incoherent steam of prehensile vomit than usual. The poor WASP man in the final panel really wishes people would believe him when he suffers from sexual harassment?

To paraphrase that Bors comic, they're lying due to all the many benefits available to women in Western Society who claim to have been sexually abused. You know, like being called whores, being questioned about what they wore, how much they drank (the loving Brock Turner case is being appealed on this pretext) and told they brought it on themselves or led the man on in some way.

Who WOULDN'T want that!?!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

420 Gank Mid posted:

Up to this point I was 100% convinced you were talking about gnomes
Sadly gnomes continues to be a problem.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How in the face of all these other lovely politoons in the last few days does Tinsley manage to be so loving scummy he trumps them all?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

If only there had been some sort of discussions on the bill before they voted on it... :thunk:

Boy, imagine if Trump faced the kind of punishment for lying that Bill Clinton did!

Those women, always lying, unlike good, honest, beleaguered white men.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
ech, nevermind.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Remember when he had an ex girlfriend executed, along with all of her coworkers?

No.

'Executed' Kim Jong-Un girlfriend reappears on North Korea television
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10837897/Executed-Kim-Jong-Un-girlfriend-reappears-on-North-Korea-television.html

(Like most of the particularly ludicrous 'can't make this stuff up!' stories from North Korea, it was made up.)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tinsley was so happy to bring back the gold that is "the finger of sincerity" during the campaign.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sandpuppy posted:

Wouldn't expect Payne of all people to go "The GOP tax bill is comparable to fueling the car while gunning the engine", but here we are.

Christ, he drew a literal 'vroom vroom'.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

mediadave posted:

No.

'Executed' Kim Jong-Un girlfriend reappears on North Korea television
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/10837897/Executed-Kim-Jong-Un-girlfriend-reappears-on-North-Korea-television.html

(Like most of the particularly ludicrous 'can't make this stuff up!' stories from North Korea, it was made up.)

Hmmmmm I think I'm gonna need to see a photo of her flipping off a picture of Donald Trump throwing paper towels at relief workers, that photo has to be signed "DEAR GOONS, IM NOT DEAD, WORLD IS A gently caress, MILLIONS OF DEAD AMERICAN IMPERIALIST CONFRONTATION DOGS" to convince me.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Branco is the master of cartoons that he thinks are about liberal hypocrisy but are more cartoons about his own hypocrisy. "The Clintons should be LOCKED UP, but Moore and Flynn are being unfairly persecuted. Look what hypocrites YOU all are." Seriously, a good 25-33% of Branco cartoons are exactly this.

E: And yes, it is INCREDIBLY annoying there's one too many "Ha"s.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 5, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Chip Bok posted:

Michael Flynn’s guilty plea inspired James Comey to tweet this bible verse about righteous water.

Comey inspired the Mueller investigation when he leaked his own memo about his meeting with Trump.

Chip Bok posted:

The Senate tax bill ends the mandate to buy health insurance. This is a bad thing? It is according to a CNN Money article:

Poor Americans would lose billions of dollars worth of federal benefits under the Senate GOP tax bill, according to a new Congressional Budget Office report.

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

Many of the folks who would forgo coverage would have lower or moderate incomes and would have qualified for Medicaid or federal help paying their premiums or out-of-pocket health expenses, CBO found.

If it’s a good deal why do people need to be forced to buy it? Do they think we’re stupid?

Oh.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I pity the hosed up brain that thinks this is a slam dunk somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Someone should sue Mike Lester's wife for him being a wife beater I guess since apparently the crimes of husband are transitive.

Also yes Chip, we do think you are that stupid.

• Locked thread