Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theris
Oct 9, 2007

new gf she a gamer posted:

what's the best coin to cpu mine? i'm assuming monero? i have an i7 6850k and electricity is free

Monero is pretty much the only thing worth CPU mining, but it's huge right now. It's great because it's memory hard so it doesn't burn that much power. (not that that matters to you) My 6700k@4.5 is pulling down $1.25/day and only using about 45W to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

new gf she a gamer posted:

what's the best coin to cpu mine? i'm assuming monero? i have an i7 6850k and electricity is free

Yeah, basically the only thing worth CPU mining right now :)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1gnoirents posted:

Hey uh so now I have $11 a day on my 1080ti and $7 a day on my 1080 (on Nicehash 2.0 and Legacy)

??????????

you running lyra? thats the one that suddenly jumped up for my 1080ti. I hope its not the CP coin

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Fauxtool posted:

you running lyra? thats the one that suddenly jumped up for my 1080ti. I hope its not the CP coin

I checked logs and it was. It didn't move off that algorithm at all, but it dropped back to normal payouts at some point. Some goofy thing going on for sure.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Someone was bidding up some altcoin using that algorithm on the NiceHash marketplace.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I don't think I've seen numbers like this since like July other than for very short periods of time.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my old rear end 7970 went from 1.50 to now 2.60 a day.
These are exciting times

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So I got my 5 pack of RX580s in a gigantic MSI box. I modded them all and benchmarked them, 4 Elpida / 1 Samsung, so I’ll be looking at adding around 147 mh in dagger or just over 4100 h/s crypto night. Just waiting on the 008s risers coming tomorrow for this RISKY BUSINESS in the wooden tinderbox.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Grab some photos of your house now so we can see a before/after once the firemen are done their job

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Risky Bisquick posted:

So I got my 5 pack of RX580s in a gigantic MSI box. I modded them all and benchmarked them, 4 Elpida / 1 Samsung, so I’ll be looking at adding around 147 mh in dagger or just over 4100 h/s crypto night. Just waiting on the 008s risers coming tomorrow for this RISKY BUSINESS in the wooden tinderbox.

Is there a German word for feeling embarrassed about someone else's posts?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Risky Bisquick posted:

I've never heard of dagger, but I know about daggering. Are they related?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I also bought a rx 580 but because it meets my specific gaming needs and is not expressly for mining.
I got it instead of a 1060 or 1070 because the extra AMD heat will be a pleasant bonus.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

Twerk from Home posted:

I've never heard of dagger, but I know about daggering. Are they related?

Dagger-hashimoto, i.e. yes same as daggering on the dance floor.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Sigh I hate to be mr mom but buy a can of flame retardant for wood and soak it in. Itll be harder to light on fire than concrete. As it stands now its possible to light on fire even if nothing is going wrong.

edit: Jeez mining returns are moving into pretty serious burrito territory ..

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 5, 2017

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Sounds like you guys are doing a little more customization than I am. I have the newest version of NiceHash and my 1070 is running whatever the benchmarked algorithms are. Would NiceHash figure out to hash for Monero using my CPU if I wanted to get that in the mix?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

KingKapalone posted:

Sounds like you guys are doing a little more customization than I am. I have the newest version of NiceHash and my 1070 is running whatever the benchmarked algorithms are. Would NiceHash figure out to hash for Monero using my CPU if I wanted to get that in the mix?

Yes, select CPU in the hardware menu. There is only one algorithm, benchmark if you haven't.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Make some strawberries

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1gnoirents posted:

Yes, select CPU in the hardware menu. There is only one algorithm, benchmark if you haven't.

now there are 2 in the latest stable build of legacy. The 2nd one never actually finishes benchmark for me.

Is there a way to make it use more cores? It never goes over 60% cpu utilization for me. Even when i set "less cores" to 1 it still uses 60%

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Fauxtool posted:

now there are 2 in the latest stable build of legacy. The 2nd one never actually finishes benchmark for me.

Is there a way to make it use more cores? It never goes over 60% cpu utilization for me. Even when i set "less cores" to 1 it still uses 60%

cryptonight on cpus is limited by cache, it also should only use physical cores so if you have a HT cpu, that should explain that.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Should be online tomorrow

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

cryptonight on cpus is limited by cache, it also should only use physical cores so if you have a HT cpu, that should explain that.

Yep. Each thread requires 2MB of L3, so it will run whichever is the lesser number of half your L3 in MB or how many physical cores you have. Or it should, anyway. If it doesn't run that many automatically then setting it to do so will probably improve performance.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
So looks like Nicehash is down now for over 4 hours could it be another MtGOX!?

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

At hostpital, lost bitcoint

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Perfect timing for NiceHash's exit strategycut and run. :q: :q: :q:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/7hy6tp/looks_like_the_end_of_nicehash_how_much_did_you/

quote:

$60M in Bitcoin from users wallets transferred to a single wallet. With no communication whatsoever from NH we are left with the sobering reality they were hacked and $60M worth of users (both buyers and sellers) Bitcoin was stolen. I don't see any way NH will be able to cover these losses.?

Could be true, could be fakenews

e:

http://www.vaulttech.it/2017/12/06/nicehash-vittima-un-attacco-hacker-furto-56-milioni-euro/

quote:

NiceHash victim of a hacker attack, € 56 million theft

quote:

At the following link , there is the "main" address of NiceHash which shows the reset in the early morning of the total, amounting to almost 56 million dollars, addressed to another BTC address .

e2: good thing I got paid a couple days ago

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 6, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is why you store your Bitcoins locally. Any 3rd party is liable to get wiped out in a hack, scam, whatever.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

I hadn't been mining long enough to actually get paid yet. :saddowns:

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's that thread that says "Yes the OP is up to date" this one could be "Yes the OP is out of date". Up to date information changes almost every week.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Welp. A buddy built a system for VR and had free electricity and decided to touch the poop using Nicehash. He was expecting his first payment on the 8th. I guess this is a nice cautionary tale for him!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Womp womp

It still reports the correct amount of money for me though it doesn't mine of course. I did notice the values did not match yesterday (my balance kept dropping by half and back up).

Guess we'll see what kind of reserves they really had

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
So if nicehash is indeed ripperino, how can I continue to receive burritos?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Mine XMR ZEC and ETH directly to whatever wallet, exchange the alts for btc, do whatever you did before

https://nanopool.org/ run by the russians

e: don't forget Mona or Electroneum

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 6, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like a ton of those alt coins difficulties are dropping like crazy because of NiceHash being out of commission. Time to :getin: I guess. UP UP UP MOOOOOOOOOOOOON :q:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I dropped out a long time ago and all the recent talk was making me think maybe I should start again but now I can honestly say lol

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Nicehash can just call their bank and reverse the transaction

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Burrito as you go is the way to play. Never hold.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

tehinternet posted:

Burrito as you go is the way to play. Never hold.

:hf:

Trying Minergate for the time being. Looks pretty nice, clearly more robust and "serious", but it also does auto mining which is critical for me so I'll see how this goes. No real daily dollar estimate though

1gnoirents fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 6, 2017

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's a decent wallet for various alt-coin?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PerrineClostermann posted:

What's a decent wallet for various alt-coin?

Nicehash Wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Risky Bisquick posted:

Should be online tomorrow

really good timing LOLOLOL

my nicehash balance is still there, I hope it pays out eventually.

What pools should I mine and I also want to know where I can get a wallet for the various alt coins I may have to start mining in the next days
I have 2 separate computers, a 7700k 1080ti and a 1600 with rx 580

• Locked thread