Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've now defeated Altera with only Tawara Touta left standing. Rice is good civilization.

Having access to Servants that weren't released yet during those chapters is fun too. Hozoin is hilariously good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

BlondRobin posted:

As someone who is playing the Japanese side it’d be nice if I could follow this thread without getting spoiled on things the day they come out, honestly. I couldn’t immediately finish Salem because of time constraints, but the first time I opened the thread that it was all ‘Let’s talk about the Salem plot and mechanics without any spoiler tags ha ha hope you don’t have a life outside playing FGO’

imho nothing that was talked about here actually 'spoils' Salem as a well-written and emotionally rewarding story. like i get that tagging is quick and simple and I'll respect that but only bare plot elements appeared outside of black boxes and I don't see what about just vaguely knowing an event occurs or someone/something appears, with zero context involved, is going to be detrimental to the experience. it's the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

the larger fgo community is full of people who love to crowd around the new poo poo and hype it up. everyone's always going nuts over the latest leaks/datamines. risk aversion runs both ways here. i think if i treasured the totally blind experience of a singularity i'd be like, "hey, the fgo thread on SA has 100 new shitposts, but the rest of Salem just unlocked and I'm real excited to finish it when I have time tomorrow so maybe the shitposts can wait a day."

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Goon 1: "Hey, you going to see that King Kong remake?"
Goon 2: "What's the point? Everyone knows he dies at the end."
Goon 3: "Actually if you exclude that there's still the other 200 minutes of runtime—it's a nuanced story and the impact of the ending is shaped by the actions of the characters up to that point and the emotions that led them there. that's why the word 'protagonist' contains the Greek word 'agon', which means 'struggle'."
Goon 2: "Wasn't this conversation already a penny arcade comic? gently caress off man."

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
goon 2 self owning with encyclopedic penny arcade knowledge

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
based on a real-life conversation i witnessed, between two people, as a third party myself

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
RIP pubbie I sold my JP FGO account to. He didn't tell me that he had been sending his own jp support mails while he begged me to, and as far as I can tell the FGO support staff got suspicious and went "gently caress both of these guys" :pwn:

お問い合わせいただきましたデータ復旧のご依頼につきまして調査・確認を行いましたところ、
弊社規定の復旧基準に満たないため、データ復旧の対応はいたしかねます。

なお、データの復旧に関する詳細な基準などは、個別に公表いたしておりません。

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Remember when penny arcade used to be viewed memorably? Good times

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tired Moritz posted:

Remember when penny arcade used to be viewed memorably? Good times

No.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

Santa Alter is a good Santa

I think she's my favourite saberface at this point, she's been really good this whole event and her NP playing christmas music is amazing.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
This raffle box sure as hell beats wyvern island for fangs. I'm close to getting enough for Saber Lily for when Saber Wars shows up and Drake's third ascension.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ugh its Troika posted:

RIP pubbie I sold my JP FGO account to. He didn't tell me that he had been sending his own jp support mails while he begged me to, and as far as I can tell the FGO support staff got suspicious and went "gently caress both of these guys" :pwn:

お問い合わせいただきましたデータ復旧のご依頼につきまして調査・確認を行いましたところ、
弊社規定の復旧基準に満たないため、データ復旧の対応はいたしかねます。

なお、データの復旧に関する詳細な基準などは、個別に公表いたしておりません。
lol, why would you try to attract tons of attention with a sold account from multiple IPs and stuff

account selling is inevitable and they cant do much to stop it but thats much different from approving of it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Marogareh posted:

This raffle box sure as hell beats wyvern island for fangs. I'm close to getting enough for Saber Lily for when Saber Wars shows up and Drake's third ascension.
Probably super early to be thinking of Saber Wars, but my initial gameplay plan was to put most of my resources into Okita and Saber Alter with as many attack-boosting CEs from the event. I wonder how much Saber Lily would really be able to contribute even at 80 and NP5, I assume most people are going to shove her into their back rows and use MHX as a support since she's basically tailor made for annihilating the bosses of that event.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 5, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Probably super early to be thinking of Saber Wars, but my initial gameplay was to put most of my resources into Okita and Saber Alter with as many attack-boosting CEs from the event. I wonder how much Saber Lily would really be able to contribute even at 80 and NP5, I assume most people are going to shove her into their back rows and user MHX as a support since she's basically tailor made for annihilating the bosses of that event.

I'm not sure exactly how the attack boosts stack in this case, but I would assume +100% attack is enough to make her relevant when most people will have +60% at best on their other servants.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can I just say it's hilarious that Saber herself is apparently like tier 3 in saber power? She's not even part of the rateup. Nero is the new original I guess.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The math on this is probably wrong, but at least as a waveclear a maxed Lily might be better than Alter it seems at NP5:
code:
	Attack	Modifier	AdjustedAtck	NPMultiplier	NPDamage
Lily	7726	1		15452		6		92712
Alter	10248	0.8		18446.4		4.5		83008.8
Okita	12068	0.6		19308.8		12		231705.6
Assuming no additional boosts from event CEs.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 5, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been meaning to level Lily for Saber Wars way earlier than this. The problem was that Medea, Robin, Elizabeth, Drake, Martha and Artoria came to me begging for fangs.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
My Lily is currently at 80 so maybe I'll break her out for a wave clear team and give Altera a break.

Unrelated, I threw a summon ticket into the event banner on a whim. No Jack, but I got my third Marie from this single banner. Viva la France because holy poo poo does this game want me to use Marie all of a sudden.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

The math on this is probably wrong, but at least as a waveclear a maxed Lily might be better than Alter it seems at NP5:
code:
	Attack	Modifier	AdjustedAtck	NPMultiplier	NPDamage
Lily	7726	1		15452		6		92712
Alter	10248	0.8		18446.4		4.5		83008.8
Okita	12068	0.6		19308.8		12		231705.6
Assuming no additional boosts from event CEs.

What's up with that modifier value?
Actually where's that stuff from overall.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kyte posted:

What's up with that modifier value?
Actually where's that stuff from overall.
Saber Wars, where a ton of servants not only get event point currency boosts but raw attack boosts as well: https://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20160120.php#nav

Which seems necessary when you start seeing enemy servants with millions of HP.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nate RFB posted:

Saber Wars, where a ton of servants not only get event point currency boosts but raw attack boosts as well: https://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20160120.php#nav

Oh yeah I forgot about those. Lily is indeed p good for Saber Wars.

And only Saber Wars.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please don't use exp for Lily, probably someone you would literally only use for one event

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm gonna level up everyone anyways because i love them, so ???

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm going to level up Boudica because I really like her third ascension even if she's not good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

please don't use exp for Lily, probably someone you would literally only use for one event
leveling servants for only one event is the path of a true saiyan elite

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have Lilly at 60 because for a really long time she was my only non-Giles Saber.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
She was my only saberface for a long time.

And since Jeanne is the only other one I have until the event ends I'm pretty sure its staying that way.

Hopefully Saber Wars changes that and I can get Umu and Salter.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I was already leveling up Medea Lily for no reason, but all this talk of Saber Wars made me realize I should probably focus on Saber first. Just feeding her random brown exp cards from dailies and occasionally silver cards to free up space should be enough to get her to level 50 or so without any real effort.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Nate RFB posted:

What's this? Santa doesn't get a boost during the saberface event? The War on Christmas strikes again :argh:

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Tired Moritz posted:

Counterpoint. Saber Lily is cute.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Look at the scrubs who don't seek to fully ascend and max level all of their Servants.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Green Tea Erotica posted:

She's cuter the more useless she is.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ZiegeDame posted:

What's this? Santa doesn't get a boost during the saberface event? The War on Christmas strikes again :argh:

Santa Alter is only canon in December so events aren't allowed to acknowledge that she exists unless they're Christmas events.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Green Tea Erotica posted:

:yeah:

I leveled my Lily to 80 because she is sweet and cute and deserves some love. Also because I had extra mats laying around.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I leveled Saber Lilly to 70, got her max ascension and fed her all my fous because I didn't have any other saber.

Shortly after I ended up rolling Artoria and Salter so she's been sitting untouched since a few weeks before Okeanos was announced.

At least saber wars means all those resources i dumped into her won't have been a waste :shrug:

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 5, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I burned lily on the beginning for desperate shop purchases.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Of course I would be one demon heart short. Where can I waste all my AP trying to get one?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Douche Phoenix posted:

Of course I would be one demon heart short. Where can I waste all my AP trying to get one?
Your best bet would be servant interludeor wherever the demon shows up.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Douche Phoenix posted:

You can't. Only repeatable source in NA rn is Caster 30 or 40 ap quests on fridays only

Could be worse, could be gears or pages, both of which i need and neither of which is available at all

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 5, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sometimes you have to beat the spirit of Christmas into a couple orphans. Thanks Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's why it's kind of a big deal whenever one of the main grinding nodes of an event has demons as an enemy.

Saber Wars has 19 of 'em, btw.