Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i dont play dota anymore for like 2 years

you could say im ahead of the curve

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Disruptor + early points in q + Kaya + aether lens = semi-carry???

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

jBrereton posted:

If you have the right/in this instance wrong heroes with a ton of AoE so pushing towers and esp high ground is distilled aids, or the enemy team is just idiots who will feed a couple very expensive kills, but you know from experience while laning that multiple people on your team don't Have Brain, you can lose over the course of a solid hour. Heck, I've done it today.
That is a definite design problem with the game that needs fixing, although I think if your team is defending that hard they probably wouldn't vote to concede.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Valve's history of treating DOTA 2 like a money pinata is catching up to them. HotS might suck but it feels like Blizzard wants you to play it. DOTA2 feels like Valve wants to shake you down. Like you say, Valve doesn't particularly care.

It's this imo

Dota 2 is an advertising platform to sell you hats and cosmetics made up of half a million particles with a 45 minute shitshow attached.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Cuntellectual posted:

When a game is 15-0 by 15 minutes, I don't typically feel a need to play anymore.
The worst is when it's like 6-1 because of good kills you set up but then your incredibly stupid teammates try to "save" a lane which is fundamentally fine but the guy is complaining about low CS or whatever and then it turns into like 8-8 because the balance of heroes that was making 2 of your lanes a success falls to pieces, and eventually 10-16 and then after 40-70 minutes a defeat. That is much worse than 15-0 which is the kind of game that genuinely does end by 25 minutes.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawabata posted:

I completely disagree with what JollyPubJerk is saying and before the comeback mechanics were in place you'd lose games almost instantly against certain lineups, only to be doomed to forever waste the following 20 to 30 minutes of your life. A game being compromised before minute 8 because someone made some lovely lane choices is/was not stellar game design in spite of what some :smug: people keep saying. Also JPJ you were rage dc'ing on half your bad games while streaming so I doubt you're the best person to argue against a concede button. You certainly pressed yours often enough!

You're just wrong. First, the game is decided just as much on picks today as it ever has been. If you don't have a good lane situation you get outleveld by 5-6 levels, no exaggeration, before the first typical rotation if they already weren't. As long as the other team isn't retarded, you're hosed. Though picks really don't matter compared to teamwork; teamwork is not always a given.

Second, in over 10k games I have maybe 3 ragequits ever, and they were all blackout drunk scenarios I needed recordings to remember. Not a bad ratio. They used to display the ratios, but those are gone now. You keep making up poo poo that simply isn't true. Also, someone like me with that kind of experience knows a whole hell of a lot more about how to win games than the retarded hero spamming 6mo old players who are literally 4k lower MMR in any other role. It requires teamwork, however, and when you have rage emo spammers who think every game is over when they don't get their one trick, and they know they can just hit a button and hope nobody hard counters their one trick the next game, you will NEVER have them stick around to play, or even open up their mind to trying out new things in a losing scenario and seeing if it works.

It's absurd there's so many spoiled bitches in the Americas. This isn't a problem in the asian regions and less so in Europe as long as you avoid Brits and Dutch. I have multiple thousands of games in those regions, I ain't just clinging to some stereotype. If I remember correctly, I only saw one person feed a courier in over a thousand games in China, and he typed in English in chat so I'm pretty sure he wasn't native. I can't go 10 games without seeing that on my own team now.

Also, when you're in F behavior, trust me, I don't need words at all to piss off the baby manchildren to start feeding couriers and running down lanes. I can simply play a normal game, or finish a creep the lowskill shits I'm stuck with now missed, and they just run into the tower and give-up. So, I'm really not loving concerned about these deprived for attention egos, and Valve's system doesn't actually give a gently caress about making better games and is a complete lie. I have my chat unbinded in half of my games. It doesn't matter. Though at the same time, these retards usually are a few skill levels above the bracket and if they ever do decide to play the game, after being down a whole hell of a lot, can totally embarrass the team who wasn't raging their way through the laning phase.

But you probably can't tell the difference between someone raging because your stupid pub rear end isn't actually contributing to the game and this is a team game that unfortunately requires 5 people coordinated now more than ever, from someone raging because they need attention their parents didn't give them and they have all the time in the world so they will just watch their anime poo poo and afk jungle until the next game that they have zero intention on becoming a better player in.

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Dec 5, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

turboraton posted:

Jesus, you keep spouting toxic poo poo and toxic poo poo like a mini JPJ. Realize your lovely attitude paired with your mediocre skills are the reason you sit in your skill range and get paired with other people with skill like you, but sadly your horrible attitude drags everyone down and infuses the other toxic guys on your team.

Calm down

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

JollyPubJerk posted:

You're just wrong. First, the game is decided just as much on picks today as it ever has been. If you don't have a good lane situation you get outleveld by 5-6 levels, no exaggeration, before the first typical rotation if they already weren't. As long as the other team isn't retarded, you're hosed. Though picks really don't matter compared to teamwork; teamwork is not always a given.

Second, in over 10k games I have maybe 3 ragequits ever, and they were all blackout drunk scenarios I needed recordings to remember. Not a bad ratio. They used to display the ratios, but those are gone now. You keep making up poo poo that simply isn't true. Also, someone like me with that kind of experience knows a whole hell of a lot more about how to win games than the retarded hero spamming 6mo old players who are literally 4k lower MMR in any other role. It requires teamwork, however, and when you have rage emo spammers who think every game is over when they don't get their one trick, and they know they can just hit a button and hope nobody hard counters their one trick the next game, you will NEVER have them stick around to play, or even open up their mind to trying out new things in a losing scenario and seeing if it works.

It's absurd there's so many spoiled bitches in the Americas. This isn't a problem in the asian regions and less so in Europe as long as you avoid Brits and Dutch. I have multiple thousands of games in those regions, I ain't just clinging to some stereotype. If I remember correctly, I only saw one person feed a courier in over a thousand games in China, and he typed in English in chat so I'm pretty sure he wasn't native. I can't go 10 games without seeing that on my own team now.

Also, when you're in F behavior, trust me, I don't need words at all to piss off the baby manchildren to start feeding couriers and running down lanes. I can simply play a normal game, or finish a creep the lowskill shits I'm stuck with now missed, and they just run into the tower and give-up. So, I'm really not loving concerned about these deprived for attention egos, and Valve's system doesn't actually give a gently caress about making better games and is a complete lie. I have my chat unbinded in half of my games. It doesn't matter. Though at the same time, these retards usually are a few skill levels above the bracket and if they ever do decide to play the game, after being down a whole hell of a lot, can totally embarrass the team who wasn't raging their way through the laning phase.

But you probably can't tell the difference between someone raging because your stupid pub rear end isn't actually contributing to the game and this is a team game that unfortunately requires 5 people coordinated now more than ever, from someone raging because they need attention their parents didn't give them and they have all the time in the world so they will just watch their anime poo poo and afk jungle until the next game that they have zero intention on becoming a better player in.

yes but how do the jews figure in all this

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

JollyPubJerk posted:

sir this is an arbys drive thru

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Relax everyone and just try to have fun

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
B-but people don't like my favorite game anymore!!!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Cuntellectual posted:

When a game is 15-0 by 15 minutes, I don't typically feel a need to play anymore.

I abandoned a game recently where my safe lane PA went brow boots>mkb>bot>butterfly and at this point, the other team has 3 mkbs but they were refusing to push. There's no consequence for abandoning a game occasionally, may as well use it.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

abandoning is good, as it grants you exclusive access to the thunderdome matchmaking pool against either known scumbags or other members of the enlightened few. it's like conceding except it doesn't mercifully free the rest of your team from the shackles of a lost rear end game of dota two

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Honestly, the fact that you can get away with an abandon every so often makes the requirement of a virgin sacrifice to end a game early all the sillier to me. It basically means that instead of having a concede vote every player has an End Game No Matter How Everyone Else Feels option every month or two.

Also, while we're heaping complaints on dotes, a really cool positive-incentive LoL has for not being a dick is that you get a free skin (no need to do any crafting stuff, 100% free) if you go a year without being punished. It doesn't bite into their profits and is a nice extra bit of goodwill. Allah knows the dotes community could use whatever incentives for acting like a normal human being that work.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

JollyPubJerk posted:

All these years and you still sound like a parody of yourself. What's wrong with the brits and dutch now, did you just manage to sprinkle your post with a little bit of racism too?

Anyway, in case you forgot, here's you playing, rage dc'ing and incessantly yelling stuff to other players in the least constructive way possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZ-aQjbrPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMs2t8eOMw

Oh and it looks like 2 of your "3 ragequits in over 10k games" are somehow in those 4 mins video, what an incredible unexpected coincidence

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Honestly, the fact that you can get away with an abandon every so often makes the requirement of a virgin sacrifice to end a game early all the sillier to me. It basically means that instead of having a concede vote every player has an End Game No Matter How Everyone Else Feels option every month or two.

Also, while we're heaping complaints on dotes, a really cool positive-incentive LoL has for not being a dick is that you get a free skin (no need to do any crafting stuff, 100% free) if you go a year without being punished. It doesn't bite into their profits and is a nice extra bit of goodwill. Allah knows the dotes community could use whatever incentives for acting like a normal human being that work.

Personally I'm the broke brain idiot who goes thank god the dead weight is gone and then I go on to win the game usually.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Kild posted:

Personally I'm the broke brain idiot

no you aren't

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

botany posted:

yes but how do the jews figure in all this

he asks one of his teammates, a certain "loving jew", to come mid at the beginning of the second video

you're welcome

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kawabata posted:

he asks one of his teammates, a certain "loving jew", to come mid at the beginning of the second video

you're welcome

that was the joke, yes. *pats u on teh head*

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

botany posted:

that was the joke, yes. *pats u on teh head*

i know that was the joke but i was afraid people would think "oh come on theres not gonna be racist slurs in 8 minutes of streaming"

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Kawabata posted:

i know that was the joke but i was afraid people would think "oh come on theres not gonna be racist slurs in 8 minutes of streaming"

mods i ask for so little but please name change to "chink solo mid puck"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The most chinese of heroes, Puck

if u really think about it, he has 4 escapes, best carry platform

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Craig K posted:

mods i ask for so little but please name change to "chink solo mid puck"

I have to say on one hand I didn't want to post the videos because I understand they don't contribute to the discussion in any way except being funny and a bit disconcerting, on the other he's just too toxic and needs to be called out on his poo poo because in spite of what he says he used his personal concede button quite often and made Dota a worse experience for everyone else.

I had no idea he's playing the same way, still as toxic as before, after almost 6 years. Like, as time passes certain small things become almost endearing to you and you think "I played with both tcjimbo and jpj a long time ago, but now they're probably normal pers-

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

B-but people don't like my favorite game anymore!!!

Lmao at you trying to pull the "im chill card" when it is you that keeps posting every single page in a row that you hate this game, starting with some latino hate. It's really funny how fast you step back into your little troll cave once someone call you up for the toxic guy you really are.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

turboraton posted:

latino hate

loved watching this dude wrestle RIP

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
This thread, lol.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Remember when dots was banned. The dota 1 thread languishing in yes? Good times

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

turboraton posted:

Lmao at you trying to pull the "im chill card" when it is you that keeps posting every single page in a row that you hate this game, starting with some latino hate. It's really funny how fast you step back into your little troll cave once someone call you up for the toxic guy you really are.

lmao

ps only pochos call themselves latinos, everyone else uses their actual nationality, hth you fit in at the next hipster conjunto appreciation event

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
wangsbig, what game is not poo poo right now?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Craig K posted:

sir this is an arbys drive thru

You have no idea how much it pains me to say this, but JPJ is right about one thing, and that's NA server manchildren love doing stuff like feeding couriers at the drop of a hat compared to other regions.

Neon Belly posted:

I abandoned a game recently where my safe lane PA went brow boots>mkb>bot>butterfly and at this point, the other team has 3 mkbs but they were refusing to push. There's no consequence for abandoning a game occasionally, may as well use it.

Single Draft is the worst game mode I have ever played other than maybe AR, because I don't play DotA to get stuck playing PA or some other painfully boring hero.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Battlerite and Legends of Dota: Redux

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

battlerite is a pretty good & fun game. league of legends just got a big rework and is quite good, but it is extremely formulaic and I honestly can't tell when I'm winning or losing or how ahead I am ever. counterstrike.

we are living in a gameless world tbh u better get a new hobby fast

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not one of you tackled any of the points made. Great job. Did you know Thomas Jefferson had slaves?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Wangsbig posted:

loved watching this dude wrestle RIP

rip

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

JollyPubJerk posted:

Not one of you tackled any of the points made. Great job. Did you know Thomas Jefferson had slaves?

you're a racist manchild who's comparing himself to jefferson, your points are not worth tackling. gently caress off

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Why do people still reply to JPJ?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

I enjoy playing Dota 2 right now, other than the cosmetics system and maybe some (heavily regulated) concede option for the worst matches, I think it's the most interesting it's ever been.

I'm having fun at around 4.5k, hopefully I'll get back to my old 5k mediocrity, maybe improve some more if I have the time.

- Kawabata, 05-12-2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
:gas:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Uh, so, I’ve played about a hundred games now, and I’m looking to expand my hero selection a bit. I’ve been playing a lot of Axe and Sniper with a little bit of Abaddon. Any suggestions that will help me avoid not having a good pick available? (Axe and Sniper are both banned often.)

I’m thinking about picking up Vengeful Spirit, who I understand is supposed to be pretty straightforward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Yoshi Wins posted:

Uh, so, I’ve played about a hundred games now, and I’m looking to expand my hero selection a bit. I’ve been playing a lot of Axe and Sniper with a little bit of Abaddon. Any suggestions that will help me avoid not having a good pick available? (Axe and Sniper are both banned often.)

I’m thinking about picking up Vengeful Spirit, who I understand is supposed to be pretty straightforward.

Slardar is a pretty simple hero to play that can have multiple roles. Spirit Breaker is also ok for new players, along with Wraith King and to an extent Lifestealer (though these 2 are usually only played as carry). You can try Omniknight as well, it needs a little bit of practice but he's a very powerful hero right now and by no means a complex one to pilot.

Venge is also pretty straightforward and the farm on her isn't useless in case you find yourself in one of those games where the carry player is, well,