Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So for eliminator this week, Lions, Titans, Bears, Steelers, Rams and Panthers all look like good safe picks.

Let's see how I trip on my dick this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I haven't been paying attention to the thread but OMG 17 people left and I'm still in it.

...and now I know this... :ohdear:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'm new to funbucks, what happens if I get a push? Is my parley busted or am I still good to go?

e: The Result column still says "OPEN" so I'm guessing I'm in the clear :ninja:

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 10, 2017

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

on the bored wop posted:

I'm new to funbucks, what happens if I get a push? Is my parley busted or am I still good to go?

e: The Result column still says "OPEN" so I'm guessing I'm in the clear :ninja:

A push on other bets just gives you your money back. So if you win the other pieces of the parley and have that push it should just void the bet and return the investment. If you lose any part then it's over.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

JPrime posted:

and now there are 4 of us up there.

Three of us picked the Falcons this week. Go Cowboys?

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I have no idea what I was thinking making a parlay bet picking the spread in so many games

Thanks Steelers, Thanks Jaguars

Actual thanks Lions? Wow

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A push on a parley just ignores that part of the parley.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
snip, my Awful app glitched and I meant to post in the GDT

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I went 9-3 against the spread this week, good enough to win my office pool to the tune of over a hundred bux :feelsgood:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I finally crawled out of the bottom of funbucks rankings to back in the black!

:toot:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Im gonna have to try funbucks, and lose everything hilariously.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

WampaLord posted:

I finally crawled out of the bottom of funbucks rankings to back in the black!

:toot:

i wonder if I should try and catchup to 1st place

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JPrime posted:

Bet it all on a crazy parlay that will give you the overwhelming lead if it hits.

RIDE OR DIE!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
WOW I'm in third place?? :woop:

Parleys for the win :)

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Placing a 5-way parlay this week. Gonna hit 100k in one week.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

JPrime posted:

I went from like 3rd to last to first by winning two big parleys where I went against what I expected and now I'm funbux rich :homebrew:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Everyone just going to ride the Browns for the rest of the season in Eliminator?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Voodoo posted:

Everyone just going to ride the Browns for the rest of the season in Eliminator?

chargers on the schedule

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Stupid Titans hosed up my parlay.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

chargers on the schedule

The Browns might not score a single point on the Chargers defense.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

What the hell is going on this weekend?

Edit:

Goddamn, done in by the loving Giants.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 19, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
and that hilarious chiefs loss knocks off about half the unbeatens

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

corn on the cop posted:

It is me. :negative:

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

Knocked me off the only unbeaten left in reverse. Thanks KC!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spreads are insane this week

Buccaneers +10 @ Falcons
Bills + 10 @ Chiefs
Bears + 13.5 @ Eagles
Packers + 14 @ Steelers
Dolphins +17 @ Patriots

Seahawks -7 @ 49ers somehow only the 8th biggest spread of the week.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'd take the Steelers even with that spread. Packers just lost by 23 to the Ravens in Lambeau and nothing is going to change this week.

The Steelers may not have the defense to shut us out but they easily have the offense to hang 40 on us.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I picked the Jags last week and I'm still going strong.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

:ohdear:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Parlay gods were good to me Sunday. Solidified my 2nd place :)

Man this poo poo could be dangerous!!! There's a little devil on my shoulder saying 'just think had you bet real money.....'

BUT will resist. Because then it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I never win my parlay bets, ever. Like in three years I don't think I've ever won one and I try one almost every week looking for that big score!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Favorites hit it big this past week. I took the Bills and the points over KC because if KC can't generate 10 points against a one win Giants team they are in deep trouble and I was right. It's going to be real interesting to see what the spread will be for KC's next game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hah! finally won a parlay! $500 on three-way moneyline for dolphins, niners, and jets to win, gets me $6218.66

now I'm rolling in the ca$h

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I don't know how you guys do it in Eliminator, how there are still multiple undefeateds confounds me. My goal is just to struggle to a 14-3 record every year. I need to just start blindly picking against the Browns- it's the only strategy that makes sense to me how you could go undefeated.

In public pick 'em, the leader (El Patron, not Fenrir- they missed a game so I give them an asterisk- sorry) had a rough week and we all made up some ground. I haven't taken a close look at the rankings from last year, but I get the impression that the win percentage has increased across the board this year. I'm usually solidly middle of the pack, so when I'm in the top 10 it makes me think it is less about me getting good and more about the season just being unique.

Not to be lame, but I think it would be good if we adjusted the pick 'em so that a non pick counted as a loss, that would keep the rankings consistent. I know that's a bit OCD, but it drives me crazy when comparing stats- and I love my stats.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I already consider the non-pick a loss, honestly. I still have one more win :smug:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

SpitztheGreat posted:

Not to be lame, but I think it would be good if we adjusted the pick 'em so that a non pick counted as a loss, that would keep the rankings consistent. I know that's a bit OCD, but it drives me crazy when comparing stats- and I love my stats.

I have said this for at least three years of SAS Eliminator and every time, people come up with bullshit justifications for it. If you miss a pick, then you didn't pick a team to win, and if you didn't pick a team to win and one of them wins? Your pick was wrong and you get an L. Suck it up and remember to click all the boxes.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I have said this for at least three years of SAS Eliminator and every time, people come up with bullshit justifications for it. If you miss a pick, then you didn't pick a team to win, and if you didn't pick a team to win and one of them wins? Your pick was wrong and you get an L. Suck it up and remember to click all the boxes.

Agreed. It drives me crazy too.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Turdsdown Tom posted:

loving hell yeah.

Non picks should absolutely be losses.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

WampaLord posted:

loving hell yeah.

Non picks should absolutely be losses.

It's just frustrating because people can ostensibly take advantage of the fact that non-picks don't count and artificially inflate their win % by avoiding hotly contested matches and only picking relative locks for that week. What the gently caress is the point of making all of your picks then? For the past few years, the top 20 in pickem at the end of the year has ALWAYS included a handful of people who missed a lot of picks and get ranked higher than those who have done their due diligence.

It's a bad game mechanic and it's so easy to fix. I have no idea why it wasn't years ago.

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I had to get greedy and take the Bengals on the moneyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

It's just frustrating because people can ostensibly take advantage of the fact that non-picks don't count and artificially inflate their win % by avoiding hotly contested matches and only picking relative locks for that week. What the gently caress is the point of making all of your picks then? For the past few years, the top 20 in pickem at the end of the year has ALWAYS included a handful of people who missed a lot of picks and get ranked higher than those who have done their due diligence.

It's a bad game mechanic and it's so easy to fix. I have no idea why it wasn't years ago.

It's not an advantage to not make a pick because the ranking is by number of correct picks rather than win percentage and you inherently disadvantage yourself by not making picks. The rankings would be unchanged even if you counted non-picks as incorrect picks.

The best method was the old "pick'em" that incentivized picks against the spread.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 5, 2017

• Locked thread