Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Nemo's War is getting a reprint with a mini expansion in a Kickstarter that will be starting today. The preview page is here, will go live at some point today.

Anyone got experience with this? I've heard good things and the art is gorgeous, but I'm not much of a solo gamer.

December is a rough month to back a Kickstarter so I'm not sure.
It should be good... but I'd almost recommend just seeing if you can pick this up at (discounted) online retail like CSI/MM.

I'm still kinda annoyed at VPG for delaying Darkest Night for so long and severely screwing up the miniatures (and in their latest update, saying the final game will have 10 white dice instead of 9 white and 1 black because something about the manufacturer claiming it would further delay the project). There's just been a lack of attention to detail and they've really dropped communication with their backers about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Has the remake or 2nd Edition even hit stores yes? I´ve missed their Kickstarter for it and it looks georgoeous. Other than than, Nemo´s War v1 was a nice little, very self contained game that was very difficult and dependend on being really lucky with dice rolls as there wasn´t really that much in the way of strategy or things to "impact" on the game board. You really only decide where to travel to and if to attack ships, rolling dice to see if you sink them or no. Also it´s incredibly easy to lose.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I got my KS copy a while ago and it looks real nice, but also real scary to try and play, so many tokens and stuff :ohdear: Hoping maybe someday I'll dare the seas.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is the DRAGON GOLD guy from the same SSI that made the :krad: D&D computer games forever ago?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

That's almost the exact plot of District 13: Ultimatum, except the groups are working together to avert a specific threat. That movie ends with a neo-Nazi skinhead high fiving a black dude after they successfully stick it to the Man. It didn't work then. It's not going to work now.

That movie is also hot trash so

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
There's a board game shelving system up called Box Throne. I don't know much about furniture, so I can't really speak to how good or bad it might be.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Henker posted:

This is the weirdest kickstarter. The whole thing is written it this odd, off-kilter style with RANDOM CAPS, like a bot wrote it or something. You don't even get the game until the $500 mark, lower tiers get you...bracelet charms? Three copies of the game are $2500 and 5 copies are $5000, making it more expensive if you buy in bulk.

I'm also pretty sure the creator really wanted the word dragon in the title for no reason.

1 = $500
3 = $2,500
5 = $5,000

That's some hosed up math.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I know board games can be costly to manufacture but are we all just ignoring the QUARTER MILLION funding goal

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You get what you pay for.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Jedit posted:

That's almost the exact plot of District 13: Ultimatum, except the groups are working together to avert a specific threat. That movie ends with a neo-Nazi skinhead high fiving a black dude after they successfully stick it to the Man. It didn't work then. It's not going to work now.

You might get both of them working together against a specific threat that targets them both. You probably won't get a happy high five afterwards so much as one of them kicking the other in the head. That's where reality differs, but the base idea - groups that loathe each other can sometimes work together against a perceived common threat - isn't that absurd. Let's not forget that the KKK, the American Nazi Party, and the Nation of Islam formed their weird alliance in no small part because of a shared hatred of the Jews. Politics are weird, ugly, and often full of contradiction, especially when we're talking about the extreme right - naziism, fascism, and the rest are almost universally opportunistic 'scavenger' ideologies that regularly make bizarre counter-ideological decisions for short-term benefits.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

demota posted:

There's a board game shelving system up called Box Throne. I don't know much about furniture, so I can't really speak to how good or bad it might be.

Looks pretty cool. After some googling it looks pretty unique. Like i couldn't go homebrew that.

1. It's pretty expensive and shipping is expensive.
2. It does at like ~25% more space then stacking games.

So not sure who buys enough games to warrant $400 shelves but doesn't have too many for the system?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

demota posted:

I like how many shelving units try to solve the problem of storing 12" squared boxes, which was already solved by the Ikea Kallax, but none of them try to solve the problem of the giant rear end long boxes like Gloomhaven, Gallerist, and Twilight Imperium.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know board games can be costly to manufacture but are we all just ignoring the QUARTER MILLION funding goal

No it was brought up pretty quick actually

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

I like how many shelving units try to solve the problem of storing 12" squared boxes, which was already solved by the Ikea Kallax, but none of them try to solve the problem of the giant rear end long boxes like Gloomhaven, Gallerist, and Twilight Imperium.

This one actually does solve that. It has extrawide shelves between 2 base units. And it can accommodate the height differences. You need a large horizontal space though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Loomer posted:

You might get both of them working together against a specific threat that targets them both. You probably won't get a happy high five afterwards so much as one of them kicking the other in the head. That's where reality differs, but the base idea - groups that loathe each other can sometimes work together against a perceived common threat - isn't that absurd. Let's not forget that the KKK, the American Nazi Party, and the Nation of Islam formed their weird alliance in no small part because of a shared hatred of the Jews. Politics are weird, ugly, and often full of contradiction, especially when we're talking about the extreme right - naziism, fascism, and the rest are almost universally opportunistic 'scavenger' ideologies that regularly make bizarre counter-ideological decisions for short-term benefits.

The thing is that this guy wants to make a game about fighting fascism in America, where the particular brand of fascism is one that's apparently being simultaneously opposed by radical leftists, radical right-wing militia groups, radical Christian extremists, and wealthy capitalists, and maybe it's a failure of imagination on my part but I can't quite square that circle, especially in the year 2017 where there's ample evidence to support the fact that actually the far right, evangelicals, militias, and the 1% are pretty okay with an inexorable slide towards fascism actually, and I don't actually care if the game is set in the 80s because I'm pretty sure all of those people were still assholes 30-some-odd years ago. I can't take the premise seriously...the numbers station that turns you into a super-cyborg is more believable...and a game where you have to sit down and state up-front "okay, so we're all clear we won't be working alongside the group that wants to make A Handmaid's Tale a reality" isn't one that appeals to me.

Also lol at this guy calibrating his political compass by consulting with one actually decent person and one libertarian shithead. I can't remember the last time I went from "oh this sound cool" to "oh this sounds real dumb" in less than 24 hours. I'll wait for the inevitable F&F.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Oh, the game's execution of it definitely sounds shonky as hell. I'm mostly addressing the whole 'in a vacuum, concept can work' 'district 13 did it badly therefore the idea is invalid' thing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

demota posted:

Oh I quite like that, and don’t think it’s too expensive. I didn’t look at shipping costs, admittedly. Hot guy doing most of the modelling helps, too.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Henker posted:

This is the weirdest kickstarter. The whole thing is written it this odd, off-kilter style with RANDOM CAPS, like a bot wrote it or something. You don't even get the game until the $500 mark, lower tiers get you...bracelet charms? Three copies of the game are $2500 and 5 copies are $5000, making it more expensive if you buy in bulk.

I'm also pretty sure the creator really wanted the word dragon in the title for no reason.

quote:

FYI - I've followed this project for over six months and I'm seriously backing it. It needs to see the light of day WORLWIDE! Unfortunately, some with different agendas don't want this to happen. For me a serious BOARD GAMER, I've seem this Game Player Tested and constantly modified to align with serious Board Gamer's ideas and suggestions. They are all incorporated along with the knowledge of many other Financial Games geared to 21st Century knowledge, but this one is unique and stands apart and above those others. I know for a fact that several Board Game Guilds have tested this Game and give it very high marks. These are Big City Guilds and know the marketplace - DRAGON GOLD is universal in it's appeal to a very wide following. As for its price at $90 (or giving it away prior to a $500 pledge makes no sense for its business model), its worth it with metal play pieces, a solid Massive Board and Cards plus excellent Manuals. Give DRAGON GOLD your consideration and play fair! It's a Great Game for the ages.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It's me, I'm the master of a Board Game Guild, AMA.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay, so, if I'm reading this right, one player has to wait three turns before they can do anything, turns are probably long and complex, and RON PAUL BUY GOLD is the message?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

FYI - I've followed this project for over six months and I'm seriously backing it. It needs to see the light of day WORLWIDE! Unfortunately, some with different agendas don't want this to happen. For me a serious BOARD GAMER, I've seem this Game Player Tested and constantly modified to align with serious Board Gamer's ideas and suggestions. They are all incorporated along with the knowledge of many other Financial Games geared to 21st Century knowledge, but this one is unique and stands apart and above those others. I know for a fact that several Board Game Guilds have tested this Game and give it very high marks. These are Big City Guilds and know the marketplace - DRAGON GOLD is universal in it's appeal to a very wide following. As for its price at $90 (or giving it away prior to a $500 pledge makes no sense for its business model), its worth it with metal play pieces, a solid Massive Board and Cards plus excellent Manuals. Give DRAGON GOLD your consideration and play fair! It's a Great Game for the ages.
Signed - Bob Realperson

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Everything about DRAGON GOLD makes no sense though.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Kwyndig posted:

Everything about DRAGON GOLD makes no sense though.
My theory is it's run by an actual dragon who is after our gold.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dragons are notoriously bad at marketing, economics and game design.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Mors Rattus posted:

Dragons are notoriously bad at marketing, economics and game design.

dre sure are

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

MollyMetroid posted:

dre sure are

You monster.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

MollyMetroid posted:

dre sure are

I had forgot about dre.

Or at at I least act like I had.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

neaden posted:

My theory is it's run by an actual dragon who is after our gold.

Well then it's adorable and they need to post some pictures.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Well then it's adorable and they need to post some pictures.

Bonus: https://imgur.com/gallery/puWAm

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

rydiafan posted:

1 = $500
3 = $2,500
5 = $5,000

That's some hosed up math.

You missed the $1000 tier, which includes all previous tiers, i.e. also includes the $500 tier (the $2,500 and $5000 tiers exclude it). So the $1000 and $2,500 tiers are identical.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh yes, this is exactly what I was thinking of. :3:

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Well all 22lbs of my copy of Gloomhaven are en route.

Henker
May 5, 2009

The dude being an actual dragon makes the most sense imo. I wonder what his reasoning is for not having a copy of the game until the $500 tier.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Henker posted:

The dude being an actual dragon makes the most sense imo. I wonder what his reasoning is for not having a copy of the game until the $500 tier.

He wants only the hidden elites to buy his game so he can start secretly tracking them using their kickstarter data. The joke’s on him though why would they want to play a realistic simulation of the life they’re already living?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DalaranJ posted:

He wants only the hidden elites to buy his game so he can start secretly tracking them using their kickstarter data. The joke’s on him though why would they want to play a realistic simulation of the life they’re already living?

It has dragon in the name

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Also he published 21 backer only updates today.

E: Apparently each update is a single page of the rule book in image format.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

People are backing knowing it won't fund just to ride the crazy train aren't they.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Using this idea for my gloomaven campaign thx. it's v kawaii

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

People are backing knowing it won't fund just to ride the crazy train aren't they.
10 backers. 1 at $1k (creator, probably) and 1 at $100 (creator's best friend) means 8 people backing for an average of $2.75. Gonna go with those being crazytrain riders, and I don't blame them. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure it's against KS policy to back your own project, too. Not that I imagine this guy cares in the least. :shrug: