Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So old it wasn’t yet called iOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

SPACE HOMOS posted:

WAS on. DDG56 John S McCain from 06 to 09.

Yikes spent your entire time on a destroyer?

CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis myself

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This is a hilariously basic attempt at "mindgames". "Look, the new kid did way better than me, so all the pressure is on him! Yes! This is something that is factually correct."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

You nerds need to stop talking about star trek I swear to god.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

They let you that close to a nuclear reactor?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao they let me sit on the bridge. Even more dangerous

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Lmao they let me sit on the bridge. Even more dangerous

Just like as a special treat for your birthday, right? Surely you weren’t given some amount of control over an aircraft carrier?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

Just like as a special treat for your birthday, right? Surely you weren’t given some amount of control over an aircraft carrier?

Oh you better believe they did. Then they were dumb enough to give me complete controll over all radar systems and the idiots who ran them!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Oh you better believe they did. Then they were dumb enough to give me complete controll over all radar systems and the idiots who ran them!

Were you a loving officer

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcArnepkhv0&t=25s

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hell no
AW/SW OS2

Enlisted Petty Officer Second Class

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Want your GP2 tag back?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Want your GP2 tag back?

Heck yeah!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, needs admin approval but you should be good to go.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Norns posted:

If I had re-enlisted I was thinking about going to a mine sweeper.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Do you guys melt down when athletes kneel during the national anthem

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No because I'm not a racist gently caress and would like cops to stop killing black people

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I was really pissed off when America as a whole kneeled for the first half of WW2 but you don't see me going on and on about it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I was really pissed off when America as a whole kneeled for the first half of WW2 but you don't see me going on and on about it.

It's okay we made up for it by just being at War ever since

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/ferraristore/status/938091012785926144

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The best motorsports shoes I had were some $16 discount rack pumas that I ground down the heels on my dad's grinder and in retrospect I wish I had bought all the ones available in my size.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I wear adidas gazelles for track days. They're fine. They also double as lifting shoes.

Has anyone in here actually used driving specific shoes for track days and racing and whatnot? I feel like they're probably overpriced but I do wonder if there is an advantage for heel toe shifts and things like that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I uhhh need some cuz my stupid expensive pedals are destroying my socks!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The old Pilotis before they went bankrupt and got repositioned as a luxury brand for people driving 911s were legit awesome when I was driving the Scirocco and probably have the best feedback for what the brakes were doing through the sole. I really wish I didn't trash mine.

I got some OMPs right now cause they were on clearance on Demon Tweaks, they're alright I guess? I would still go for the clearance thin sole Pumas if I was given the choice though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

fuckin lmbo :vince:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

I wear adidas gazelles for track days. They're fine. They also double as lifting shoes.

Has anyone in here actually used driving specific shoes for track days and racing and whatnot? I feel like they're probably overpriced but I do wonder if there is an advantage for heel toe shifts and things like that.

I have a bunch of Puma drift cats and the original Adidas Goodyear shoes. They were great for driving since they were so thin and the sensitivity of the pedals came through perfectly. Pretty uncomfortable to walk in for long periods of time though.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Korea is really bad at trying to emulate american food. Supposedly they are undergoing a bbq/wing phase.

When I was in busan they told us no to eat street food, but thats what we ate anyway.

Busan is famous for it's street food. Wtf?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Busan is famous for it's street food. Wtf?

I’m just loling at this somehow being relevant to the US Navy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Korean BBQ and fried chicken is loving amazing what is wrong with that post

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The old Pilotis before they went bankrupt and got repositioned as a luxury brand for people driving 911s were legit awesome when I was driving the Scirocco and probably have the best feedback for what the brakes were doing through the sole. I really wish I didn't trash mine.

I got some OMPs right now cause they were on clearance on Demon Tweaks, they're alright I guess? I would still go for the clearance thin sole Pumas if I was given the choice though.

They aren't racing shoes per se but my Onitsuka Tigers serve me quite well.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

They aren't racing shoes per se but my Onitsuka Tigers serve me quite well.

I have a pair of the blue and orange ones nad the support on the back is awful. Cuts into my achilles.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just use them for track days.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Korean BBQ and fried chicken is loving amazing what is wrong with that post

What level of autism does it take to think the Navy was passing a culinary judgement and not simply acting out of an abundance of caution

wicka fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 5, 2017

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Human Grand Prix posted:

I just use them for track days.

...bro.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I have a pair of the blue and orange ones nad the support on the back is awful. Cuts into my achilles.

There's been precisely zero shoes I've had be good for driving and walking around in, it's either one or the other.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

keevo posted:

I don't understand that hashtag.

He's obviously a big fan of F1 thread superstar gret

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Puma Speedcats or driftcats or we, but my current pair look like poo poo because I never bothered looking after the suede. Might get a second pair of something different at some point tho.

The pumas are completely poo poo at anything else but driving anyway so I just only use em for trackdays now definitely wouldn't use em at the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't go to the gym cause I'm a lazy slob who drinks too much, do you really need special shoes for it?

• Locked thread