Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/938078146917797888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Moral Majority right there.

https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_Calo/status/937881699966509056

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
"The grown ups are in charge!" He shouted as he plowed underage boys "It's time to bring God back to America" shits himself

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Your Battle Buddy posted:

"The grown ups are in charge!" He shouted as he plowed underage boys "It's time to bring God back to America" shits himself

Actually the term Fox News is using is "underage men"

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Jfc, are you serious?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Actually the term Fox News is using is "underage men"

Oh my god I hope they actually use this phrase.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm kind of kidding, I heard they were using "teenage women" in reference to Roy Moore's victims

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Sunset posted:

In the Third Intifada, weed and psilocybin mushrooms will rain from the sky and everyone will quickly forget about past transgressions.

(Please, God. lu)

Someone organize the airlift, and do this in North Korea too. Hopefully nobody with the big missiles decides to launch them because they're tripping balls though.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's always seemed silly to me to charge a user fee for mass transportation. It's almost always some smallish fraction of the total expense of keeping the bus/train/whatever running (for DC Metro, fares are like 26% of total revenue). Then you need to add an entire payment collection infrastructure including employees, barriers and processes to make sure people pay, enforcement costs to get the people who don't, etc so those fares come with increased costs. And as a result you only reduce capacity and discourage ridership when the goal should be the opposite.

Like the road thing, there may be sense in adding a fee to specific dedicated express lines, for example. But making buses, trams, trains, etc default to free at the point of use would reduce the friction and encourage people to use them.

I think it was Portland that did the math and found out that the amount they spent on enforceing fees was something like four times the estimated amount just not enforcing fares would cost.

Crakkerjakk fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 5, 2017

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's always seemed silly to me to charge a user fee for mass transportation. It's almost always some smallish fraction of the total expense of keeping the bus/train/whatever running (for DC Metro, fares are like 26% of total revenue). Then you need to add an entire payment collection infrastructure including employees, barriers and processes to make sure people pay, enforcement costs to get the people who don't, etc so those fares come with increased costs. And as a result you only reduce capacity and discourage ridership when the goal should be the opposite.

Like the road thing, there may be sense in adding a fee to specific dedicated express lines, for example. But making buses, trams, trains, etc default to free at the point of use would reduce the friction and encourage people to use them.

I suppose, I hadn't much thought of it, I just grumbled and budgeted out money for a monthly transit pass.

Our transit system used to get taxpayer dollars, but our state legislature stopped doing that about a decade ago....bus fare used to be 50 cents one way, it's quintupled in a decade.

Plenty of folks still skip paying fare, running thru open gates, or just pushing thru them. They started closing the bus doors when the buses are waiting at a station so no one can get on without a driver present about a year ago.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I would have sworn that this happened early last year, not early this year. We really are running on Trump Time.

quote:

"We were just hanging out, talking about life and stuff," "We’ve been talking for a few months about. Tomorrow he told me he was going to get his GED. Couldn’t graduate high school and was trying to get his life on track."
The bareback bootstrap.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Craigslist>Personals>Strictly Platonic>M4M> Any boys want to get their GED?

DICK.jpg

Any boys want to hang out in a hotel room, naked in bed, smoking pot and discuss your future and stuff? Must be conservative and well hung and willing to party. NO GAYS I HATE EM.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

joat mon posted:

I would have sworn that this happened early last year, not early this year. We really are running on Trump Time.

The bareback bootstrap.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nazis-feeling-neglected-after-republicans-embrace-of-child-molesters

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A head guy in the Family Research Council got busted tooling around Europe with a guy he met on Rentboy.com a few years back.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Guys I woke up with the weirdest boner. What happened last night?

Ssssssshhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
“The one who smelt it, dealt it” strikes again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GUYS DONT YOU SEE?! THIS IS MUELLER'S WAY OF WRAPPING THINGS UP AND EXONAERATING ME! STUPID!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/938061694911352832

lol, he's boned.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

GUYS DONT YOU SEE?! THIS IS MUELLER'S WAY OF WRAPPING THINGS UP AND EXONAERATING ME! STUPID!

HE GOT HIS MAN, HE GOT HIS MAN AGAIN!

The co-author of this piece (who also has supposedly been tied back to Russian funding) is claiming its all just a big misunderstanding.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Is this as deep a turbo deep-dicking as it looks? Cause I am dumb on legal stuff but this looks like "you done hosed up" territory.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

Is this as deep a turbo deep-dicking as it looks? Cause I am dumb on legal stuff but this looks like "you done hosed up" territory.

Probably picking up a contempt of court charge on top of having his bail revoked.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/938024587438247937

At this point I think maybe Kushner would appear less guilty if he just never turned in any paperwork, ever.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Is there a tally on things that Kush just plum forgot about? I feel like it has to be in the dozens. It's been like weekly since inauguration

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That whole thread is worth reading

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe Trump's move for private security is less sinister. Maybe it's just so he can have a bunch of Jack Rubys running around to make life difficult for Meuller. Like Kushner gets "robbed" one day with fatal results.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sunset posted:

Yes, but.. I mean...given the general nature of certain three letter agencies, the things they do and so on and so forth, can't it be assumed that this has already happened within agency structures during Presidents past? If we assume this, then it just becomes a situation where someone(s) somehow got 'in' enough to start removing the structures within a structure that owe allegiance to the great Dark Lord himself. (I'm guessing male, I could be wrong.)

Those aligned with the forces of darkness will bitch and kvetch, the light side will try to fix what seems like the biggest rock star hotel room party ever, and in the end everyone gets one heck of a surprise as Armageddon turns out to be all about a surreal abstract experience and not the black doom we're all accustomed to hearing about. (I'm including the archons/spirits here - no doom, no destruction.)

I had no idea this reality ran so much on sex. Yes, I feel stupid.

Are you drunk?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

bird food bathtub posted:

Pretty much. Look at how well that strategy worked for Jonathan Pollard.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

at the date posted:

Are you drunk?

Sunset posted:

Was cannabis around when Satan/Fallen Angels were doing their thing? Because seriously looking back at history in retrospect it seems like the moral of this story/movie that we are all in is - Don't get pissed, light up a doobie instead and goof off. In a GOOD way. The amount of trolling and obfuscation that goes on online and IRL is just a microcosm of that great, big troll in the sky. I'm (gently) getting my licks in now because I have no idea what sorts of embarrassments we'll all be subjected to when this merry-go-round stops, but if you factor we're all being watched a 'la Truman Show, I feel pretty embarrassed already.

Sunset posted:

In the Third Intifada, weed and psilocybin mushrooms will rain from the sky and everyone will quickly forget about past transgressions.

(Please, God. lu)

I think more the latter.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Even Erdogan is loudly telling Trump that this is a stupid loving idea.

God, what a dumbshit.

Peace in the Middle East, by annihilation.

It ends the dispute, and there won't be civil unrest if everyone is dead.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"They'll like us when we win".

~ Toby Ziegler

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Even the RNC is like "well I guess we gotta"

https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/938111946007678977

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So what’s the hubbub about moving the embassy? Why the issue? Why move it?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Appeases the evangelicals who probably have more loyalty to Israel than the US.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I get the religious aspect and think it’s stupid but why is everyone else like “yo, back off?”

They afraid we are gonna destroy the Rock?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Soulex posted:

I get the religious aspect and think it’s stupid but why is everyone else like “yo, back off?”

They afraid we are gonna destroy the Rock?

It's not us they're worrying about.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I still think it's that fringe evangelical thing of indirectly causing enough of an stir in the holy land to trigger Armageddon and the second coming of Christ, while simultaneously being just hands off enough that they don't get sent to the bad place for it.

Maybe that was just some left-field conspiracy thing but knowing some of the Revelation-praising evangelicals I've met it seems entirely reasonable as far as you can take "cause the rapture" to be "reasonable".

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reminder that the guy who is going to fix the Middle East was balls deep in financing an illegal West Bank settlement and failed to disclose it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Casimir Radon posted:

Reminder that the guy who is going to fix the Middle East was balls deep in financing an illegal West Bank settlement and failed to disclose it.

<narrator>

Because of course he was.

How are these people so bad of this?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Specifically the grift, not the governing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

So what’s the hubbub about moving the embassy? Why the issue? Why move it?

Jerusalem is claimed by both Israel and the Palestinians as the capitol city of their respective nations (or non-nations).

Officially, the US has declined to take a side in the dispute, keeping our official embassy in Tel Aviv. It's believed moving the embassy would be a tacit approval of Israel's claim and would likely stoke Palestinian grievances.

However, there's a strain of evangelical belief that only once Jerusalem is in the hands of the Jewish people/Christians that the Second Coming of Jesus would occur so it's a bit of a hobby horse for the religious right. Or something. I believe we just rot in the ground so it all just sounds silly.

• Locked thread