Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I bet this guy was pissed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggluQAODO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

OxySnake posted:

I found that map on reddit and my new early strat is to jump to a spawn for one and take it from there. Being able to go across any large opening and have a shot at surviving is easily the most important thing.

Shooting mans good is the most important thing.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Pick your engagements carefully. You are likely to be under geared so don't go Rambo. Similarly, learn how to loot fast (but this is true regardless).

Related to this, be a vulture. Run towards gunshots, wait for the fight to end, then kill them while they're looting and healing. That's when they're most vulnerable, and a lot of people heal out in the open. Fighting fair is for suckers.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Related to this, be a vulture. Run towards gunshots, wait for the fight to end, then kill them while they're looting and healing. That's when they're most vulnerable, and a lot of people heal out in the open. Fighting fair is for suckers.

I like playing squad games where I queue in solo, and this plus choosing engagements smartly is the key. I haven't won that mode yet but it's pretty fun, 8 kills and 6th overall alive was my best so far.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Hahaha I had a similar thing happen to me. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't know how I hit him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veJLXhWlwsk&t=205s

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Edit: I done hosed up my youtube video.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 2, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Check out this streak. No kills, 11 games in a row.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Lower_case_N?server=na

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

Please don’t doxx me.

e: nvm, thought you said 111

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

daslog posted:

Well, heh.. it's NA. That's like 3 kills on EU :smug:

EDIT: Oh, thought it said 11 kills. Sorry, we don't read good in EU. Anyway, something something NA bad, sick burn.

Mangoose fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 3, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Mangoose posted:

Well, heh.. it's NA. That's like 3 kills on EU :smug:

EDIT: Oh, thought it said 11 kills. Sorry, we don't read good in EU. Anyway, something something NA bad, sick burn.

And then I got my first chicken dinner by coming across a care package with a Groza and a gillesuit in the river near Georgapol with I was in a boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NejLJMuOJY

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Played in the Zotac Open today. I got 51st out of 290~, I guess. I hate FPP Solo.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Two squad games, two hackers, we had a good game there once boys but its over until they bring in ping limits :(

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The game is bad and we deserve to feel bad while playing it, so I hope they never fix anything and that better products like fortnite will keep rising in popularity instead

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

The number of hackers seems to increase the later it gets. No huge shock there, I guess, but it’s still interesting. My squad of 3 got wiped instantly by a naked guy with an UMP who was about 1-2k away. So, yeah, hackers are still a problem.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Didn't they reset the ranks after the test server closed or something?

I guess running into more hackers makes sense as mmr starts to normalise, I ran into none last week but after a few good rounds this week its like 1 in every 3 games has some chinese guy start magically tapping heads at some point in the game

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loving finally got a Chicken Dinner in solo first-person, but it's when matchmaking isn't in effect, right? Then again, I'm bad, so it might have been harder, who knows! A Kar98k and a red-dot AK47 is a combo I quite like, though a crate drat near fell on me with an M24 in it, but it was late enough that I never actually got to use it. :(

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Looking at a jaunt from shooting range to the literal shores of the north coast for the first circle, I decided to shoot the tires out of some unsuspecting sap who stopped his jeep to loot instead of searching to kill him. I only wish he could have heard me laughing maniacally as I rode off into the distance with the blue on my tail (even better I won this game, too).

it's the little things sometimes

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Here's the rest of the gameplay from some sweet wins in the last couple weeks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajG9w3HiF5M

Leave a comment or whatever.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Soarer posted:

I still don't know how I hit him
Could be my motto.

Just wanted to share this tiny win in the long string of losing that is PUBG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRQH1Y7fVc

Very early game, I had looted two houses at this point. I'm not rushing up there when I know he has a gun. I had no frags. So what to do? Apply psycholology and hope he bails.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 4, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That was beautiful.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Tweak posted:

Looking at a jaunt from shooting range to the literal shores of the north coast for the first circle, I decided to shoot the tires out of some unsuspecting sap who stopped his jeep to loot instead of searching to kill him. I only wish he could have heard me laughing maniacally as I rode off into the distance with the blue on my tail (even better I won this game, too).

it's the little things sometimes

I was fighting with a dude in the tunnel at gun range, he was camping down there and the zone was not going to close on us. He let me take a minute to grab a UAZ, park it fully in the entrance, down the stairs a little, and blow it up. I bet he was loving annoyed.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So i think I've found a glaring problem in my team's strategy when we actually get to the mid-late game with both of us (usually one of us gets blown away early, but we're working on that!).
We really like posting up just below the crest of a hill to give us cover and a good vantage in most directions.
And most times someone comes up on us in the one direction we can't see and kills us by surprise. I now think we really need to keep moving and use the close-edge circle running strat to stay alive and focused. It's easy to get complacent when you just post up like that.

Oh also we need to get better at the shooty bits.
That'll help.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Justin Credible posted:

I was fighting with a dude in the tunnel at gun range, he was camping down there and the zone was not going to close on us. He let me take a minute to grab a UAZ, park it fully in the entrance, down the stairs a little, and blow it up. I bet he was loving annoyed.

Gold! I assume he died to the zone later.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwlSJgM8wg

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sometimes you have 13 grenades at the end of the game that you need to get rid of...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206626626

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Sometimes you have 13 grenades at the end of the game that you need to get rid of...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206626626

Then you miss every one and I have to clean up the mess

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Vaah posted:

Then you miss every one and I have to clean up the mess

I denied him entry into the white circle and I was providing suppressing fire to force him to prone and die to the circle. You robbed the Blue God, not me.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I take what's mine

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Slim Mat posted:

Some good stuff in there - I did like how in parts you talked about what you were doing and why.

IMHO I'd just say at minimum, edit more down and/or break it up into chunks with themes or areas to focus on.

23 min is waaay too long for most people's attention spans, mine included and it's a big ask for someone to watch through it unless there are specific things like tactical explanations like "how to use gun X in Y situation" or general highlights of awesome/funny stuff happening. Otherwise there's not a ton to differentiate or enough to really be compelling versus some of the other videos I'd watch, especially shorter ones.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Vaah posted:

I take what's mine

:black101: More sacrifices are required

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Slim Mat posted:

I really like how you talk about what you're doing and why. It's really frustrating to try and divine intent from silent videos where people just intuitively know what's going on around them all the time when I have no idea how or why they're making the decisions they make, and your discussion of decisions is great.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Got my first chicken dinner in a 4 person squad of me, my brother, his buddy and a random.

We long dropped into military base and were the only squad there. By the time we left we had 3x Kar98, SKS, 3 8x Scopes, 3 SR silencers and about any other goody we ever wanted.

We took a hill early, and the circle kept staying on us and moving everyone into an open field.

They were the easiest kills I have ever racked up.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

OxySnake posted:

Got my first chicken dinner in a 4 person squad of me, my brother, his buddy and a random.

We long dropped into military base and were the only squad there. By the time we left we had 3x Kar98, SKS, 3 8x Scopes, 3 SR silencers and about any other goody we ever wanted.

We took a hill early, and the circle kept staying on us and moving everyone into an open field.

They were the easiest kills I have ever racked up.

My first squad win was like that, except Novo instead of military. Almost felt like cheating.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Had a 3 man squad and a duos chicken dinner last night. I had 5 kills each match. Actually had a good stretch of 1st, 2nd, 1st, 4th.

The other day I ended up in a duos match with shroud and just9n, it was pretty funny having like, 25 people left before the first circle closed. Two matches later I ended up in a squad match with vsnz and he wiped out our whole squad. Knocked me twice. He's good.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Anyone have a box capable of keep this piece of poo poo game consistently above 60 fps at 1440p? If so please post your specs.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

John DiFool posted:

Anyone have a box capable of keep this piece of poo poo game consistently above 60 fps at 1440p? If so please post your specs.

No

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

John DiFool posted:

Ya basically. 1080 and 8600k

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

willroc7 posted:

Ya basically. 1080 and 8600k

1080 with a 7700k at 1440p here and I only dip into the 50s occasionally. Usually 90+ FPS. I'm usually also streaming on the same machine with OBS & nvenc.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

John DiFool posted:

play on test, it's a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bhodi posted:

play on test, it's a lot better

I didn't see much difference.

• Locked thread