Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SpazmasterX posted:

Tangential, but how did you not know your own blood type? That's kind of important.

American health care sucks, basically we can't afford to go, not even if we need it, and going can ruin your life with debt.

Also, got Jazz, Swoop and Slag. Slag and Swoop are great (except my swoop was mis-assembled, so the head tilts. Hey DT, tell the head office that the guys you got sticking things together are garbage this year, Octane, Swoop, and Perceptor were all put together wrong.) Jazz is rough, really floppy and those legs are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Spiderdrake posted:

How many beers did it take you to work up the courage to post that hot take

Were you shivering as you, white guy who has no idea what they're referencing, typed out you have no interest? Did you have to take a breather? Also durrr, durrrrr

Uhhhhhh...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Venom Soag posted:

Uhhhhhh...
Don't take it seriously. I'm just ribbing TheDK for TFW2005 style posting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You'd have to spend some time on those forums to get it, I think. I just look at the pretty pictures whenever they're linked, and stick to my own personal blend of artisanal idiocy.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Don't take it seriously. I'm just ribbing TheDK for TFW2005 style posting.

truth be told about 7

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, the Targets near my house have refreshed their Transformers stocks (a couple weeks after they were supposed to, obviously, becasue Target) and I have seen all the deluxe clad figures and all but Slash of the legends. Seeing the deluxes in person, I really think I'm gonna wait for the Predacons/Terrorcons/maybe Elita-1's crew. They're not pushing the buttons that the Aerobots/Stunticons/etc. did.

(I mean, if my secret santa WANTS to get me one or two, that would be a delightful surprise!)

But, those Legends, on the other hand... like I said, didn't see Slash, and already have Shrapnel.

Beachcomber (Vector Beachcomber, according to the card I got, who time-travels to prevent mass extinctions) is such a good little chunky/buff (it's hard to tell, with robots...) dude. He's a bit bulkier than TR Brawn, actually. The engine for the buggy mode makes up his shoulders He's exactly as poseable as TR Brawn, with the same proportions and almost the same transformation... extend the roll cage bars in his feet/lower back, bend the knees all the way round, extend the torso, collapse the arms against the new space available, put a titan or prime master in the driver's seat if you want, close up the roll cage. The dune buggy looks powerful and, I don't know, makeshift? It looks like the original toy, mostly but it won't win any beauty pageants unless you're in the post-apocalyptic Australian wasteland.

Speaking of winning beauty pageants, Windcharger's vehicle mode is gorgeous. The windshield folds up pretty cleverly and the hood of the car is his entire back. He does have "big sleeves" because of the side windows, but that's not a huge deal, they don't get in the way like I remember Prime Knockout's doing. His head is cartoon-accurate and hideous. I like the Reveal The Shield's Head better. (I like that one better overall... but only by a little.) and they're both a drat sight better than the Generations (was it Thrilling 30?) Windcharger... that guy was terrible.

Anyhoo, those new Legends are all terrific from what I've seen.

Maybe pics later.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Got my hands on Seaspray and RID Legion Bisk and Blurr today. They're all delightful little bots. Seaspray is far chubbier than I expected, even with people saying he was a fat bot.

Also heard that the talk of a soft reboot might have something to it. Apparently the GI Joe comic that was just cancelled leads up to "the next big thing" and Aubrey Sitterson is at the helm because Hasbro love him, despite the controversy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I finally got around to reading Lost Light, and I..guess it's well written, but it's also seeming like it's more knocking down sandcastles instead of building them up. Watching Getaway's descent from bad to also bad while he keeps brutally murdering side characters is just depressing to me.

It's not really a relatable or sympathetic story. I wasn't much interested either in Overlord's personal story of how no matter how sociopathic murder he did, big daddy Megatron wouldn't take time out from the war office to go and whup his rear end, but at least back then there were other people's stories going on at the same time to focus on.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I put in pre-orders with BBTS for all of the wave 1 Takara Legends except for Windcharger. I really wish I'd gone Takara for Brawn instead of Hasbro, but I can make it better with the new guys. Pics or not, I'm certain Takara will make them a little better.

Good to hear they are fun to play with and good bots.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
I found out the golden swords I have were some sort of preorder bonus and people are selling them for about a hundred bucks online :psyduck:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Venom Soag posted:

I found out the golden swords I have were some sort of preorder bonus and people are selling them for about a hundred bucks online :psyduck:

:20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Spiderdrake posted:

How many beers did it take you to work up the courage to post that hot take

Were you shivering as you, white guy who has no idea what they're referencing, typed out you have no interest? Did you have to take a breather? Also durrr, durrrrr

It took me way too long to realize that you referencing the TFW thread...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey Rhyno, you ever seen any deals on the Action Robo stuff? Shuttle Robo and Missile tank Robo look fantastic

Lepecard posted:

It took me way too long to realize that you referencing the TFW thread...
Well also theDK's drinking problem and TFW in general. Speaking of which, what happened to our intrepid explorer Blackheart? He hasn't posted in a month :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Has anyone gotten their santee from the TFSS, just making sure I didn't gently caress up and put in the wrong e-mail.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Literally sorting them right now :ohdearsass:

EDIT: They've all gone out!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 4, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Really glad I could afford to participate in the TFSS this year - having a real income has many privileges, but perhaps the best part is the opportunity to be generous.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's gifts.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Literally sorting them right now :ohdearsass:

EDIT: They've all gone out!

Weird, I thought I used my new e-mail, oh well, got it.

Also, HAAAhahahaha.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Hey Rhyno, you ever seen any deals on the Action Robo stuff? Shuttle Robo and Missile tank Robo look fantastic
Well also theDK's drinking problem and TFW in general. Speaking of which, what happened to our intrepid explorer Blackheart? He hasn't posted in a month :(

I think the Chosen Prime had a few of them on sale for Black Friday but I don't see them on sale too often.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Leader class movie Blackout

POTP Moonracer

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 5, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Moonracer looks pretty dang good. But I'm a sucker for well used translucent plastic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The MSJ posted:

POTP Moonracer

Is her gimmick that she's pregnant?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That Moonracer looks like it's gonna be remolded as another Arcee.

That Blackout looks good... but its Leader class instead of Movie Masterpiece?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So Amazon.ca had a deal on Trans5mer's voyager Scorn (28 bucks before tax/shipping). Typically retail transformers toys have never caught my attention due to how cheap they look with all the hollow plastic and ugly gaps(and movie toys being hideous looking), but Scorn's design caught my attention and multiple reviews convinced me it was worth picking up. Plus i'm loving all the customs I have seen of it where people seem to just paint the thing all silver and then dirty/rust it up to look more movie accurate and admittedly i'm tempted to try out something similar.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I hope that you can fit more than one Titan/Prime master inside her vehicle mode.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Good Listener posted:

I hope that you can fit more than one Titan/Prime master inside her vehicle mode.

Actually you probably can't fit any masters in the deluxe vehicles. None of them have that capability so far because they have the combiner joint and head taking up space.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather have Extinction Scorn but blown up to voyager size

Does that exist? Do we have a KO large Scorn yet?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I'd rather have Extinction Scorn but blown up to voyager size

Does that exist? Do we have a KO large Scorn yet?

That has existed for a while. Do you want red, black, or chrome? :v:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

Leader class movie Blackout

That'll do.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
FOURTY SIX mother making GBS threads steps no loving thanks that thing is gonna be a fiddly panel monster

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SpazmasterX posted:

Actually you probably can't fit any masters in the deluxe vehicles. None of them have that capability so far because they have the combiner joint and head taking up space.

Ah you're right I totally forgot haha. I've been enjoying little guys riding around the last year and a half :nyoron:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is a shockingly competent movie blackout. I'd love to see better photos at other angles though.

And masterpiece megatron has like 4 pages of steps or so, right? A lot of steps are just like, take this piece, next step, flip it up, next step, flip it to the side. It's likely similar to that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That car mode looks kinda weird and lumpy. I know they've been going more for crazy sci-fi cybertronian modes, but there's kind of a lack of defining features.

Whst's the deal with the weird lumps that that size class is coming with? They're showing them mounted as some kind of weird armor. The dinobots had them and I assumed it was the ol' hand-foot-gun, but is every delux a combiner again?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP Megatron really isn’t that bad, you just end up spending an hour breaking your fingers trying to unhook those hips without snapping off his legs.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SlothfulCobra posted:

That car mode looks kinda weird and lumpy. I know they've been going more for crazy sci-fi cybertronian modes, but there's kind of a lack of defining features.

Whst's the deal with the weird lumps that that size class is coming with? They're showing them mounted as some kind of weird armor. The dinobots had them and I assumed it was the ol' hand-foot-gun, but is every delux a combiner again?

yeah every deluxe is scramble city

Captain Invictus posted:

That is a shockingly competent movie blackout. I'd love to see better photos at other angles though.

And masterpiece megatron has like 4 pages of steps or so, right? A lot of steps are just like, take this piece, next step, flip it up, next step, flip it to the side. It's likely similar to that.

MPM Optimus has "42 steps" so Blackout will probably be in that viscinity of complexity. MP Megs is up in the 100s range iirc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Faithfully recreating Movie Transformers

Still not as difficult as a faithful G1 Megatron

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I feel like G1 Megatron has been "figured out" by this point, both officially and unofficially.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TaurusOxford posted:

I feel like G1 Megatron has been "figured out" by this point, both officially and unofficially.

Oh he has

He's just twice as complex as the movie transformers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Burkion posted:

Have you handled MP36 Megs? He's essentially perfect.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol for gently caress's sake, I forgot what the original MP Megatron looked like.

compared to the new one, christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
MP-05 didn't look good even when there was nothing better to compare it to.