Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Goomy only appears as SOS in Lush Jungle while it’s raining so yeah it’s rare as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Okay... Giovanni's mega mewtwo X is just mean.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Must catch all legendaries with their correct natures and in luxury balls...

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Does synchronize not work with Ultra Beasts or do I just have bad luck? I've been using it for the totems but I've caught clown dandelion 8 times now with a timid synchronize abra in my first slot and no luck.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dienes posted:

Does synchronize not work with Ultra Beasts or do I just have bad luck? I've been using it for the totems but I've caught clown dandelion 8 times now with a timid synchronize abra in my first slot and no luck.

if you flip tails 8 times in a row the chance the next coin will be heads is still 50/50

assuming its a 50% chance for synchronize, i dont remember off the top my hea

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I've hatched seven Farfetch'd with First Impression, Leaf Blade, and Quick Attack in Safari Balls, and they all have 31 IVs in all stats. They're all Adamant. I know, I know, it's Farfetch'd, but my intent was to create the best Awful Duck I could, and I figured I'd see if anyone here wanted a few of the good ones I don't intend to raise.

The one I hatched for myself is Jolly, but I sadly was never able to get any of him with the right potential to offer here. Also, if anyone wants a nickname, feel free to ask.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 5, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's nice to see the Fire Trial still is hilarious.

Yes I'm progressing slowly, I only play an hour or so a day.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

if you flip tails 8 times in a row the chance the next coin will be heads is still 50/50

assuming its a 50% chance for synchronize, i dont remember off the top my hea

Its a 50% chance but synchronize doesn't work for roamers so I wasn't sure if the UBs counted as 'roamers' or not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dienes posted:

Its a 50% chance but synchronize doesn't work for roamers so I wasn't sure if the UBs counted as 'roamers' or not.

i would think not since they're stationary but gamefreak gamefreaks a lot so i'm gonna guess the answer is actually they're counted as roamers due to a programming error that will remain unfixed 20 years from now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
let nidoqueen breed already dammit

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

mandatory lesbian posted:

i would think not since they're stationary but gamefreak gamefreaks a lot so i'm gonna guess the answer is actually they're counted as roamers due to a programming error that will remain unfixed 20 years from now
I was able to get synchronize to work on them in the first game, when they were *sort of* roamers? So, unless they hosed with them between games, it should be fine.

e: speaking of old things kept around for no real point, when will these games let me nickname traded 'mons? :argh: I've got two Blacephalons, and both of them are from different countries.
Sidenote: thanks for whoever originally posted that trading away SOS pokemon is still gts gold.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 5, 2017

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

e: speaking of old things kept around for no real point, when will these games let me nickname traded 'mons? :argh:

never

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mythical Pokémon were already a mistake but the fact that you can’t even name them is insanely hosed up

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Mythical Pokémon were already a mistake but the fact that you can’t even name them is insanely hosed up

Agreed, it's a travesty that I can't name my little punch ghost

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I wish they made it so you can nickname a traded poke if it doesn't already have one, but if it does you can't

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

make to so you can nickname traded monsters if their friendship is maxed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you can nickname them, but you can only give them human names

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
remove the ability to nickname any mons, you don’t nickname your forks and hammers either

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

remove the ability to nickname any mons, you don’t nickname your forks and hammers either

you talkin poo poo about smashy now???

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Zore posted:

you talkin poo poo about smashy now???

What a weird name for a fork.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Just make event 'mons have the downloading player as their OT. Its literally that simple. They even did it once for a celebi giveaway one time. There is literally no good reason I shouldn't be bale to nickname 'mons I get from an event giveaway. :colbert:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

hangedman1984 posted:

Just make event 'mons have the downloading player as their OT. Its literally that simple. They even did it once for a celebi giveaway one time. There is literally no good reason I shouldn't be bale to nickname 'mons I get from an event giveaway. :colbert:

They do this a lot though? Like the current event rockruff has the player as their OT.

Its usually only pokemon that 'belong' to someone else (Ash's Pikachu/Greninja) or certain legendaries that don't give you the OT.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've heard horror stories about the various trials and so far the Totems have all been evaporating before me

Doesn't help that the Trials give you an easy way to cheese them right before entering, such as Brick Break, Hawlucha and Noibat (Although Aquaranid and Marowak both fell afoul of my Duskroc's Rock Tomb, so...)

I suspect my Torracat is gonna make short work of the Grass Totem, especially if its helper does something stupid like use Sunny Day

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Vinylshadow posted:

I've heard horror stories about the various trials and so far the Totems have all been evaporating before me

Doesn't help that the Trials give you an easy way to cheese them right before entering, such as Brick Break, Hawlucha and Noibat (Although Aquaranid and Marowak both fell afoul of my Duskroc's Rock Tomb, so...)

I suspect my Torracat is gonna make short work of the Grass Totem, especially if its helper does something stupid like use Sunny Day

I don’t care what the consensus is, the electric totem is by far the hardest.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

ROFL Octopus posted:

At least you can name Magearna.

EDIT: My hardest totem was electric by far.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mimmikyu is hardest

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Totem Togedemaru was a nightmare, but Totem Mimikyu was no cakewalk either. Ula'ula Island throws the kitchen sink at you hard

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

I don’t care what the consensus is, the electric totem is by far the hardest.

i one-shot it with a Z-fire move from a salazzle :(

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Totem Marowak was one of the hardest fights I've ever had in this series.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I had to catch a Salandit to steal Marowak's Thick Club. Otherwise it just completely annihilated me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Totem Marowak was one of the hardest fights I've ever had in this series.

I had a Grimer with Knock Off.

I can't imagine what it would have been like with out that.

Also, does anyone know a good nature and ev spread for a trick room Magneara?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

TFRazorsaw posted:

So I've hatched seven Farfetch'd with First Impression, Leaf Blade, and Quick Attack in Safari Balls, and they all have 31 IVs in all stats. They're all Adamant. I know, I know, it's Farfetch'd, but my intent was to create the best Awful Duck I could, and I figured I'd see if anyone here wanted a few of the good ones I don't intend to raise.

The one I hatched for myself is Jolly, but I sadly was never able to get any of him with the right potential to offer here. Also, if anyone wants a nickname, feel free to ask.

I'd love my own Awful Duck. Are you in the Pokégoons discord?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I would also love one. Will you be around tonight?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can I please have a duck. I tried to use one in yellow because it's a top-tier design but had to give up

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you name mine Booker D

5 points to the person who can identify both references

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Super No Vacancy posted:

can I please have a duck. I tried to use one in yellow because it's a top-tier design but had to give up
Well, you'll certainly have an easier time of using it in Gen 7. Gamefreak took pity on it and raised it's attack from 65 to 90.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The totem fights were child's play for us true Pokemon Masters.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I’m— I’m beginning to think shiny poipole just doesn’t exist :negative:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mizuti posted:

I'd love my own Awful Duck. Are you in the Pokégoons discord?

Fritzler posted:

I would also love one. Will you be around tonight?

Super No Vacancy posted:

I had no idea there was a Discord.

But I'll be around for the rest of the night. My FC is 4854-6464-7680.

EDIT - also, I checked, and god I'm inept. Only four of the ones with good IVs have Defiant. So there's only that many to go around. Sorry guys. I should be able to cover everyone who's wanted one so far though.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’m— I’m beginning to think shiny poipole just doesn’t exist :negative:
How many hours have you been going? I've done maybe 3 so not so bad.