Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Clickhole is good

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/938146203325394945

dog tax here’s my dog in his nail clipping contraption so he can’t bite you

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Caros posted:

Pedophilliac thoughts are certainly not a crime and are deserving of treatment. Pedophillia is a crime. Roy Moore attempted to sexually abuse minors and does not deserve the distinction.

Attempted? Didn't he actually force the girl to grab his junk?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I mean, it's true, I'm fairly sure Roy Moore never molested me.

I mean, come on, guys. Just think of all the people Charles Manson DIDN'T kill. What about those people?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Xae posted:

I worked at Big Company doing compliance and subpoena work.

You don't tell anyone what data you are pulling. My boss in IT didn't even know. The General Counsel knew, outside council knew, the internal lawyer handling the case knew and I knew.

That was it.

Like there was some poo poo where the outside counsel wasn't brought in and I would be given a sealed description of the data requested.

I would be really surprised if anyone actually gave a straight answer.

I worked for a major US bank for a short period and I can confirm that they're not allowed to tell anyone anything, that tweet is full of poo poo.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Ripoff posted:

It’s Trump’s lawyer. This is most definitely a lie.
The only real question is whether Jay Sekulow is lying to be heard by the American public or his own employer. Ty Cobb sold them all downriver when he promised Trump that the Mueller investigation would wrap up by 2018, and now they're all just biding their time until he flies into a dementia addled rage and fires the lot of them.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

I worked for a major US bank for a short period and I can confirm that they're not allowed to tell anyone anything, that tweet is full of poo poo.

He probably asked a teller.

Sekulow is a know liar though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I mean, it's true, I'm fairly sure Roy Moore never molested me.

I TOO have not :thinking:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I wouldn’t be surprised if trumps lawyers lie about what they can and have accomplished.

Sekulow: I’ve already filed very real legal things to keep them from your financials. Here’s the bill.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

Attempted? Didn't he actually force the girl to grab his junk?

Ah, might have missed that one in all the news. Double gently caress him then.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Trump is going to get people killed with this dumb embassy poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AP/status/938142683146719238

Which one is Trump's buddy over there... The chief editor or the owner?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/GDouglasJones/status/938152866056896512

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ZobarStyl posted:

The only real question is whether Jay Sekulow is lying to be heard by the American public or his own employer. Ty Cobb sold them all downriver when he promised Trump that the Mueller investigation would wrap up by 2018, and now they're all just biding their time until he flies into a dementia addled rage and fires the lot of them.

Yeah, I thought about that too. We have heard reports before that many Trump aides communicate to him via the media.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lol this is the pettiest poo poo on Moore's part

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

curling is great too, the winter olympics in general are more enjoyable to me because there is a greater variety in the actual content in the sports. Hockey, curling, bobsled and luge, figure skating, skiing, etc etc

The Summer Olympics have a huge variety too. You would just never know it watching NBC's coverage.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Doug J-owns

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So yeah Jones is officially on the offensive.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Considering Trump's "red line" threats in that regard, it would be totally understandable for his lawyers to tell him it's fake news instead of having to deal with his reaction.

If it's in Trump's best interest to not get involved with the probe in any way, and the only way to accomplish that is to keep him misinformed , then what's a lawyer to do?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So yeah Jones is officially on the offensive.

No matter what, you certainly won't be able to accuse him of not giving it his all by the end of this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FunkMonkey posted:

No matter what, you certainly won't be able to accuse him of not giving it his all by the end of this.

USPol will find a way.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FunkMonkey posted:

Yes they will.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aw, poor babby Moore got owfended

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

Ah, might have missed that one in all the news. Double gently caress him then.

your dumb akshually comments notwithstanding, yes, he definitely molested a 14 year old girl.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Doug Jones is coming with a fury with a week to go, but I feel that this might not be enough. I'm getting a weird October 2016 feeling to this race, where even after the Access Hollywood tape came out, it faded away into the news and the Republicans just kept charging onward. Of course, Trump is Trump and wouldn't stop talking and that probably helped him in the lead up to the election

if Moore really isn't campaigning and is having surrogates go to bat for him it might be the difference but I just don't know. Gotta hope that Jones makes it across the finish line if Moore has retreated and not getting his base active with a week to go

donated 10 bucks today, hoping for the best!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Doug Jones is coming with a fury with a week to go, but I feel that this might not be enough. I'm getting a weird October 2016 feeling to this race, where even after the Access Hollywood tape came out, it faded away into the news and the Republicans just kept charging onward. Of course, Trump is Trump and wouldn't stop talking and that probably helped him in the lead up to the election

if Moore really isn't campaigning and is having surrogates go to bat for him it might be the difference but I just don't know. Gotta hope that Jones makes it across the finish line if Moore has retreated and not getting his base active with a week to go

Do not allow yourself to create a pattern out of this. Do what you can and accept that either way Alabama is a pretty messed up place.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FunkMonkey posted:

As necessary as it will probably be, I hope that Jones can avoid some of the toxic masculinity that Moore has been riding on. Calling out Moore on his macho bullshit is awesome, just hoping it won't turn into a chest beating pissing contest.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Carlosologist posted:

a lot of folks stick to the idea that there is something jones could do more of or less of or sooner or later to win, because this is easier to grapple with than the idea that there are simply way more republicans than democrats in alabama and that's the way it is

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Source: Alex Trumperson, Totally Not Donald Trump

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/onebrightlight/status/938121451051270144

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mendrian posted:

Do not allow yourself to create a pattern out of this. Do what you can and accept that either way Alabama is a pretty messed up place.

Yeah, I can clearly see that given that it's still in the air over whether or not a pedophile should be in the Senate! but I'm not gonna get too down about what happens if Moore wins, I'm still feeling really optimistic over the results in VA earlier this month. Gotta keep pushing hard and make the wave happen

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/938151252642422784?s=17

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Carlosologist posted:

The shameful thing about the Access Hollywood tape is that ALL the Republicans came home to roost. Almost nobody changed their vote over it. His polls rebounded hard some ~10 days out from the election as Republicans realized "oh, I guess I'm going to vote for Trump anyway" instead of putting it off.

Moore has rebounded, but he was absolutely hurt by this. The question is how much, and the polling is currently telling us:

"?????? i dunno man how do you even write a likely voter screen for this"

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

McPresident thought pets were low class? This can't be real. Or else, it is real, and reality is no longer real.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Donated money for the first time in my life to a political campaign, and it is not even my state! I can't let someone who sexually abused high school students into the Senate. Enough is enough.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mendrian posted:

McPresident thought pets were low class? This can't be real. Or else, it is real, and reality is no longer real.

It's pretty well-established that he is not really even sure what animals are.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Yeah what a hard loving life he lives, doing all his business out of his private resorts between golfing and munching on steak dinners. Truly a hero of the proletariat.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Mendrian posted:

Source: John Miller, Totally Not Donald Trump

Corrected for accuracy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This dickhole actually wants to outlaw the dog tax!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

"Mike, we need to have a chit chat about holding the highest office of the land and class, please, pull up that leopard print gold plated 80s recliner and take a seat"

• Locked thread