Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMP
May 5, 2009

Dumping clips before White Noise. Got a few clips from the goon-on-goon tactical realism games we played on Mumble the other night (starts around 1:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM9xvRKz9w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
For people who've played on TTS, are MP and shotgun secondaries still worth taking on everyone or do you just automatically pick pistols now? I can't imagine it's the latter but you never know.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Shotgun secondary give so much utility that I'd probably never pass on those

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

For people who've played on TTS, are MP and shotgun secondaries still worth taking on everyone or do you just automatically pick pistols now? I can't imagine it's the latter but you never know.

Shotgun secondary is hella useful (even though it doesn't make large holes) mainly for trap door blowing and scrub killing. If you switch to your secondary to off somebody that's just the gun equivalent of tea-bagging their corpse.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

Shotgun secondary give so much utility that I'd probably never pass on those

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotgun secondary is hella useful

Yeah, that's my point. Machine pistols are the main one where I'm not sure.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Lemon-Lime posted:

Both machine pistols are really, really good so pistols would have to be better than most primaries for that to be the case.

There are plenty of people who run with a shotgun primary for utility and use their machine pistol to kill everyone.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

The SMG-12 and CZ75 are both really good and still better than using a pistol imo

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Something's glitching with the phone reset. I have non default mappings.

HUD tells me to hold 5, but holding 5 pulls out my secondary gadget, which should be mapped to 4. The only thing I have on 5 is Spec Cam Player 5.

So, I'm trying to find the drat command in the controls and it doesn't look like they added anything new there. Any else having this problem?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Donnerberg posted:

Something's glitching with the phone reset. I have non default mappings.

HUD tells me to hold 5, but holding 5 pulls out my secondary gadget, which should be mapped to 4. The only thing I have on 5 is Spec Cam Player 5.

So, I'm trying to find the drat command in the controls and it doesn't look like they added anything new there. Any else having this problem?

Whatever button you use to switch to the cameras.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
so how come the menu system takes literally a minute to load? it's almost impossible to do that stuff in between matches.

and i timed how long it took to unlock all the attachments i wanted for the new operators (i have the s2 pass so they were all unlocked). it took just over 7 and half minutes to do it all. that is a sloooow menu system

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Whatever button you use to switch to the cameras.

Thank you from the bottom of my crusty heart. These operators have terrible taste in ringtones.

Edit. Nope, it wasn't on that button. Maybe I have to do all the maps again to override the patch.

Edit 2: Okay here's the solution for non standard keys:

Remap camera button back to 5.
Remap camera button back to whatever sensible button you prefer to loving 5.
Now it works.
Thanks, Ubisoft. Good QA you have there.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 5, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tumble posted:

so how come the menu system takes literally a minute to load? it's almost impossible to do that stuff in between matches.

and i timed how long it took to unlock all the attachments i wanted for the new operators (i have the s2 pass so they were all unlocked). it took just over 7 and half minutes to do it all. that is a sloooow menu system

because Ubisoft doesn't give much of a poo poo

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

because Ubisoft doesn't give much of a poo poo

but its so slow and my time is so valuable :(

i realllllly like the new map though. it's big enough that it changes the game up a little bit, to where it kind of feels like the old Splinter Cell multiplayer - it feels like you're doing more infiltration and recon stuff, darting around in the shadows to flank

new operators are cool too - they do seem a little more on the "Pop-Culture Edgy Hacker" side of things, rather than the faceless veteran R6 operators of yesteryear, but the game is kind of that way in general so it's no big deal imo. they have cool gadgets and weapons and their uniforms are pretty cool too

the pistol enhancement in this patch is bonkers too, i think they're the most overall competent pistols in any video games now. i still wish they'd make sight attachments for them though

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Game 1: 0-3 on new map against a group that played the map a bunch on TTS
Game 2: Personally go 12-2, but end up losing 1-3
Game 3: Get TKed every round by derankers

Siege....Siege never changes

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I almost have enough renown to unlock my second DLC operator. It's probably going to be Frost because I unlocked Blackbeard last week for the SEAL challenge and I want another defender.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fat Lou posted:

Game 1: 0-3 on new map against a group that played the map a bunch on TTS
Game 2: Personally go 12-2, but end up losing 1-3
Game 3: Get TKed every round by derankers

Siege....Siege never changes

Unless you're really good at the game, spent a buncha time on TTS, or just don't care much, doing solo placement matches the first few days of a major patch for any game is a bad idea. The things you listed aren't exclusive to siege at all :shrug:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Polka_Rapper posted:

I almost have enough renown to unlock my second DLC operator. It's probably going to be Frost because I unlocked Blackbeard last week for the SEAL challenge and I want another defender.

i would use Frost a lot more if her gun wasn't so stupid and janky looking. Cavieara's old-rear end gun almost makes sense but Canada stopped using Frost's gun before she was even born

also you should save up for her Blood Orchid camo because even though camo isn't very important in Siege, Frost and Buck's white outfit pops out a lot more than other operators do

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Tumble posted:

i would use Frost a lot more if her gun wasn't so stupid and janky looking. Cavieara's old-rear end gun almost makes sense but Canada stopped using Frost's gun before she was even born

also you should save up for her Blood Orchid camo because even though camo isn't very important in Siege, Frost and Buck's white outfit pops out a lot more than other operators do

I'll keep that in mind. I do want to play digital dress-up with everyone but I feel like unlocking characters first is probably a good idea.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Monty's shield is seems unplayably buggy this patch. I'm constantly getting hit through it. Blitz era is now.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Polka_Rapper posted:

if you want a defender why wouldn't you take mira and her god gun

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
literally every single dlc defender is fun and good :ssh:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gamerofthegame posted:

You mean Ela, right

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Monty's shield is seems unplayably buggy this patch. I'm constantly getting hit through it. Blitz era is now.

with the new pistol gameplay it sure as gently caress is

Thief posted:

literally every single dlc defender is fun and good :ssh:

Zofia is rad as hell too. I can already tell she's going to become a main attacker character for a LOT of people

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 5, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Tumble posted:

Joke's on you, Frost's SMG is really, really good.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

my kinda ape posted:

Joke's on you, Frost's SMG is really, really good.

i know but its just so dumb and ugly

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tumble posted:

i know but its just so dumb and ugly

You shut your mouth, the Sten is adorable and perfect. :colbert:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The pistol recoil changes are loving wild.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Frost's gun looks loving awesome with a nice skin, like the seasonal bronze one. Her gun is also super loving accurate. Frost is cool and good

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

I was planning to get Mira after the glitch that temporarily unlocked all operators. Managed to play two rounds as her and thought she was fun.

But there's a challenge to play JTF 2 operators for a Skeleton Key charm so the lure of free stuff wins out.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The trick to the new map is to rappel in through one of the several dozen windows rather than jumping down the murder hole in the middle.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

finally gave in and bought a seasonal:

be advised: new update owns. operators are cool. map is great. :kimchi:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Do any of the operators have ringtones or is it always gonna be phone vibrations you hear when you hack the enemy?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They set their phones to vibrate because its taktikool.

New operators look awesome, esp both attackers. patching it now and can't wait to play.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
second game as zofia, I got downed by cav and stood back up to kill her with melee swing as she waddled over to get her interrogate :feelsgood:

also gently caress, the white noise skins look fantastic, especially on the spetsnaz. that 50 dollar skin bundle is mighty tempting...

also, discovered that mute jammers apparently block dok's phone ringing? you can also combo her with IQ to perfectly pinpoint people while they have their phones pulled out. and uh, ADSing that gadget is amazing with the pistol buff. I keep landing gnarly pistol snipes with Blitz too, the change is really really good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Tumble posted:

Zofia is rad as hell too. I can already tell she's going to become a main attacker character for a LOT of people

Oh yeah. She's a great all rounder and Ash deserves to have her territory encroached on, she's probably the most popular attacker.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my god the smg 12s recoil is something else! I really like Dokks Mk14(?) and the C75

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 6, 2017

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Is there a toggle somewhere for the terrorist hunt game search to be automatic and basically hands free after a game like before?

Now that you have to click 'keep playing as a team' or else it dumps you back to the main menu to do another round of search.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just got a sprint into melee kill as Blitz with no ammo left

Thief
Jan 28, 2011