Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: bitcoin is the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

Let's check in with r/legaladvice

This is basically the boat he'd be on if the bitcoin had been paid

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No Butt Stuff posted:

Then they found out that I'm 31 and couldn't believe it because apparently I act old. Which I guess is a nice way to say grumpy?

I've gotten this at work a few times and it is almost certainly from being grumpy. That or because I've had gray hair on the sides of my head since before I graduated college.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Your opponent is a man who's raped kids and believes child rape shouldn't be a crime:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/938138861460484098

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

Your opponent is a man who's raped kids and believes child rape shouldn't be a crime:

drat I hope he wins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahahahaha

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well I saw an SUV with a "Another Christian Voter for President Trump" bumper sticker on it. Along with an I LOVE JESUS sticker too of course

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

As much as framing things through business interests raises my hackles, I do get what he’s saying, I just want him to say it more clearly. “Toyota won’t move here because we will have elected a child molester, and that’s goddamn creepy and evil, y’all.”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

I feel like he's trying to bait Toyota into saying they won't do business with a state that elects a child predator

It might work

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kalli posted:

He also said this so....

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/938113548173086720

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

P solid imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If Toyota literally comes out in the next week and says they won't do business with Alabama if Moore is elected I'll laugh and laugh

It'd also be fun to see the "HMM BOEING WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH UNION STATES" republicans lose their minds about it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

The full gun comment owns because you know it made Moore so loving mad

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/938110994466922496

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jota posted:

The full gun comment owns because you know it made Moore so loving mad

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/938110994466922496

Deer blinds are lame as gently caress too though

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Never heard of a deer blind. I've heard of a deer stand. And a duck blind.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that's better, but really his campaign should be nothing but fully tying the republicans to the pedophile rapists they are/support.

The gun thing is whatever, because 99% of Republicans are also into gun lyfe more then being an actual responsible gun owner.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Demographics are a scary thing, because younger people are also all moving to metropolitan areas, and the easiest voter suppression mechanic is to simply understaff and limit polling stations, leading to the horrific lines in minority dominated areas.

Gonna have to kill our way out of this mess.

Not even that

Republicans will always have a built-in advantager due to out agrarian based system

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Republicans are going to see how effective a tactic Jones (obviously rightly) accusing his opponent of being a child molester is and are going to begin falsely accusing their opponents of being pedophiles this coming election cycle. Can't wait.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/938146203325394945

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, that's better, but really his campaign should be nothing but fully tying the republicans to the pedophile rapists they are/support.

That seems like it could backfire in Alabama really easily.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Rest in Power scariest thing in my childhood:

https://twitter.com/peeweeherman/status/938093430823010305

I share a birthday with Large Marge. Okay sure, why not?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

oooh boy that's a spicy one

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

God bless the onion

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

No Butt Stuff posted:

Never heard of a deer blind. I've heard of a deer stand. And a duck blind.

Not that much different between all the options tbh.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/products/deer-blind.jsp
http://www.awsblinds.com/hunting-blinds/5x7-blind/

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I just got an email from my boss giving me poo poo because she felt I didnt put the correct people in the To: and CC: lines in response to an email I sent like 10 people.

Bitch it was a general email to 10 people I just added them at random. Also I can’t remember ever paying attention to who was in which line on an email.

I sent her a response asking her if there was an outline for SOP so I didnt mess it up in the future.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just got an email from my boss giving me poo poo because she felt I didnt put the correct people in the To: and CC: lines in response to an email I sent like 10 people.

Bitch it was a general email to 10 people I just added them at random. Also I can’t remember ever paying attention to who was in which line on an email.

I sent her a response asking her if there was an outline for SOP so I didnt mess it up in the future.

When you replied, did you put her name in the CC: field and leave the TO: blank?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Joey Freshwater posted:

Eh, I have to agree with your boss. This is the way I saw it put and it stuck with me:

quote:

Be discerning about your use of To: vs. Cc:. Why? Ever receive an email where it's unclear who has the action because everyone is in the "To:" field? We designate the To: field for who has the action (could be multiple people). Cc: is simply for their information—with no expectation that they will take action on the email, other than receive it.

Seems like a small thing, but really helps in long email chains with lots of people.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
CC is for people who aren't the intended audience for the email but you still want them to see the email for cover your rear end/FYI purposes. TO is for the actual audience, especially those you are expecting a response or action from

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It was a general email that a response wasn’t directly needed on. Just an “FYI” informing the people in the email some info I found out.

Oh, she also followed up her first email with “oh, I didnt read your email but it looks good thanks”

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Quiet Feet posted:

My first hope was for a more horror styled show with the Punisher as more of a Jason Voorhees lurking in the background. It's not as action-oriented as I might've expected but I can't argue with the end result, and the violence is primarily treated in the same way a slasher movie uses it; you don't want to see it. Even thought it's the show's "hero" taking on some real assholes, watching it makes you feel anxious and uncomfortable. Frank Castle isn't a super hero, dude's a hosed up serial killer even if he's murdering terrible people. They manage to humanize him while also keeping him at arms length from the viewer. Long story short, different from what I expected, avoided a lot of bad tropes. The use of a PMC instead of Generic Crime Family was totally a breath of fresh air. Punisher takes on Generic Crime Family #27 would've been a waste.

Iron Fist was bad but, eh, Defenders was alright.

Are people really this disconnected from warfare? The parallel plot with the McVeigh-esque Lewis character who didn't know wtf to do with himself was actually exposition/insight in Frank Castle's m.o. by comparison/contrast. Castle can't come home mentally, and the murder of his family banished him into permanent battle mode. It's a tenuous, but all together believable thing that can happen, imo. Especially with special forces because you literally have to be a sociopath to perform at that level of brutality, so I guess he's like a serial killer in that respect.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It was a general email that a response wasn’t directly needed on. Just an “FYI” informing the people in the email some info I found out.

Oh, she also followed up her first email with “oh, I didnt read your email but it looks good thanks”

Such a corporate thing to complain about. I mean...I get it...but so dumb. Email etiquette Joey!!!

Next time just BCC everyone and watch the chaos unfold.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Joey Freshwater posted:

your boss is incompetent garbage

e: unrelated but lmao

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/938160328214396928

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

reply all

why am I being copied on this?

please advise

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ehud posted:

reply all

why am I being copied on this?

please advise

ahhhhhhhhhhh i clenched my fist just imagining receiving this

Jota fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 5, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Reply all

Hey can you explain what you mean by this

[Quote that is explicit and could not possibly be viewed in more than one way]

Thanks

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I always love that in every goddamn organization there is some fucker who feels the need to reply all.

I remember at my call center job, we had an internal wiki, and one of the pages someone created was a "funny names you've come across in your calls" for all call center agents which, surprise! Ended up being an HR nightmare. The best was a guy posted that he came across a guy named King Wang. Not content with that, someone replied with "LOL! That's funny because the stereotype is that Asian men have small penises!" The kicker was that anytime a wiki page was updated, it sent out an email to people notifying them as such. Our CEO got an email that had Asian small penis in it, and shortly thereafter the page was gone and we were given training on business etiquette.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We have an NFL pickem pool at my office and every week a guy does reply all with his picks

Every.

Week.

lmao

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

We have an NFL pickem pool at my office and every week a guy does reply all with his picks

Every.

Week.

lmao

He's also the guy that probably averages like 7 out of 16 correct too isn't he?

STOP SENDING YOUR WRONG PICKS TO EVERYONE, PAUL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

weird Asian candy posted:

Such a corporate thing to complain about. I mean...I get it...but so dumb. Email etiquette Joey!!!

Next time just BCC everyone and watch the chaos unfold.

Going forward, we'll circle back next week when I've got the bandwidth to touch base

• Locked thread