Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Lance Storm's latest class graduates tomorrow.

Which is interesting to me locally as there is a young Irish wrestler in the group who has already shown promise named Darren Kearney.

But most notable is that Brian Pillman Jr. is in that class too. Brian Jr. has scored very high marks among who talked him in terms of being intelligent and having a perspective on things. But boy oh boy as you could imagine given how his father died there's a lot concern about him and if he is getting into Wrestling just to get closer to his father who has no memories of.

Concerns made worse by Lexi Pillman's fate. She was a manager on the indies and passed away super young, too, although to be fair it was an auto accident.

I guess I'm saying don't let Brian Jr. drive.

I'm also completely unsurpirsed Brian Jr. has a natural aptitude, his dad was good right away from all reports and was an incredible worker before the car accident.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Brian Jr is a MRA isn’t he

Not sure if this would make him a heel or face with a lot of indy fans

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/936690789811355649

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/936700687718801410

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Brian Jr is a MRA isn’t he

well, he's a wrestler, so

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The crazy part is the numbers WWN provided are totally reasonable by my napkin math. I think someone in FloSlam hosed up and lied to secure funding. That poo poo with Janella further proves they were predatory for cashflow. Unless you have gently caress you levels of money, you never cut a promoter out.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I refuse to believe that there's a wrestling contract out there that's actually dumber than TNAGFW contracts at their dirt worst.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I refuse to believe that there's a wrestling contract out there that's actually dumber than TNAGFW contracts at their dirt worst.

AAA contracts probably are worse than TNAGFW contract by a country mile

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

The crazy part is the numbers WWN provided are totally reasonable by my napkin math. I think someone in FloSlam hosed up and lied to secure funding. That poo poo with Janella further proves they were predatory for cashflow. Unless you have gently caress you levels of money, you never cut a promoter out.

None of those SHINE fans seem to tweet during shows though. I guess they've their hands elsewhere.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

My stupid dream was that if Danielson got his release, his first show back should be self-promoted vs. CM Punk in Chicago. Let the Bucks handle the promoting/undercard, with that main you wouldn't need NJPW or ROH or anyone to do anything.

It'll never happen but still.

My heart has been broken by wrestling too much and you’re not helping

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

None of those SHINE fans seem to tweet during shows though. I guess they've their hands elsewhere.

The man you're quoting does tweet but he has to use his nose

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

rovert posted:

I had one rib surgically removed so I can tweet while I watch women's wrestling.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHINE shows are almost never worth tweeting about.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
should i go see sexy star shoot on austin's tiniest man, jojo bravo at ACW in two weeks?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
someone book sexy star vs. nick gage

my money's on sexy star tbh

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Sooooo..... Elgin sold Glory Pro? And deleted his twitter and lawyered up and?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

SHINE shows are almost never worth tweeting about.

aside from great butt content and the odd wild rear end brawl, Sal really hosed over SHINE from being anything more than a payday for women between NXT and the indies.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sub Rosa posted:

From what i can gander...

Alleged ring rat slept with one of his trainees, Sean Orleans, months ago and has been claiming rape on Twitter ever since

Elgin fired the guy 2 weeks ago after Twitter melted down

DM's of Elgin calling the girl "a liar and a whore" leaked and Twitter melted down again, so Elgin responded by deleting his Twitter, selling Glory Pro to a friend, and saying he was lawyering up

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sub Rosa posted:

I believe the second of those three yes

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Some folks mentioned Mike being a shithead in the past. What was the story? The only controversy I ever heard about involving him was when he jobbed in PWG while holding the ROH World Title.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I was just listening to the 5th episode of the Pisscast and they mentioned a video of Elgin pissing on someone without that person's consent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TTBF posted:

I was just listening to the 5th episode of the Pisscast and they mentioned a video of Elgin pissing on someone without that person's consent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3g3w8t/michael_elgin_pissed_on_a_girl_and_got_paid_kevin/

yup

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TTBF posted:

Finally an episode of the pisscast that delivered what I wanted

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Anthony Greene is a sorta gettin there indie wrestler and youtuber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ephteJLuc

Paul London got old. jeez.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
His face doesn't look too old it just looks like he's prematurely graying

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao

https://twitter.com/LWMaine/status/938178541170122760

https://twitter.com/LWMaine/status/938181544392478722

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maine is smelly.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I like Maine but there's literally no part of the state that doesn't reek of rotting sea or harbor detris

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Brian Cage? I can't think of another big hoss for Cobb to face.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

nice hog jeff

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Brian Cage? I can't think of another big hoss for Cobb to face.
It's not a new match but Ace Romero is their regional hoss.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

nice hog jeff

Jesus yeah that uh... don't leave too much to the imagination. I feel like when you can actually see the glans that's not a great wardrobe choice

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Why his head so huge? The one on his shoulders I mean

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Why his head so huge? The one on his shoulders I mean

he's an islander

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wait what exactly did Elgin do? I think I missed the beginning of all this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wait what exactly did Elgin do? I think I missed the beginning of all this.

Elgin finally fired some shithead from his promotion for being accused of sexual assault and publicly said he had no tolerance for that behavior

The accuser proceeded to post DMs basically proving that not only did she inform him of the incident back in loving March, he did nothing then and actively treated her like poo poo himself, including not believing her

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jeff Cobb taking that booking from him is funny because today some DMs came out where he was complaining about Cobb not recognizing his genius and then he said Jeff smelled bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also saying he's not a good partner, right in the middle of a tag league in New Japan with him

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Also saying he's not a good partner, right in the middle of a tag league in New Japan with him

I mean that can be forgiven when you're saying it in a private conversation. You're allowed to complain, but at this point Big Mike gets no passes for any reason.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bard Maddox posted:

nice hog jeff

The monster is escaping the cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's complaining about his tag team partner to a woman he used to sleep with that he tells everyone is insane and untrustworthy

he's very bad at twitter!!!