Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Apparently there's an smg with tap the trigger and a long range auto rifle with kill clip and people on line are talking like the uriel's and antiope are obsolete lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Apparently there's an smg with tap the trigger and a long range auto rifle with kill clip and people on line are talking like the uriel's and antiope are obsolete lmao

that’s because they are, there are now better versions of those weapons. use them if you have them but the new versions are ‘better’

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Control Volume posted:

That first one already existed. It was the stochastic variable from fwc, 900 rpm tap the trigger with hcal rounds or 600 rpm without hcal.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Imagine the uriel but with less long range effectiveness and more potential damage, and the antiope-d with less potential damage but with more long range effectiveness. Things are definitely going to get shaken up in the cru

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, the first weapon you forge from Vance is a really solid pve kinetic scout rifle

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don’t have it yet but there’s also a literal red death hand cannon that even shoots in bursts

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm not sure what's better, Warlocks getting their own Synthoceps or Titans getting an overshield for running around

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Eej posted:

I'm not sure what's better, Warlocks getting their own Synthoceps or Titans getting an overshield for running around

what’s this now about Titan overshield?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in case like me anyone else is wondering about these new and wonderful toys it does look like destiny sets has updated with them: https://destinysets.com/all-items

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

in case like me anyone else is wondering about these new and wonderful toys it does look like destiny sets has updated with them: https://destinysets.com/all-items

oh wait i loving lied i just tried to click on one to examine it and it gave me an undefined error whoops

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

What's this now about Warlock Synthoceps

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

is it case of "literally best" to slot resilience/mobility/recovery into armors or is it a matter of preference? with the aforementioned nezarec's void warlock running two void guns i've got void grenade and void melee cooldowns in the armor bits i've bothered to slot just to get me my various sources of devour back that much faster, but i'm sitting at 4 resilience and 9 recovery (0 mobility)

but i did take advantage of the kinetic mods at the gun shop, because i swear those things are rarer than any other loving mod in the game

That's because it IS the rarest mod in the game :v: As far as I know, literally the only way to obtain Kinetic modifiers is via the Gunsmith. And normally that means rolling the dice against three other dirt common energy type mods for Energy/Power weapons you'll have your inventory already stuffed full of blues for.

You can defiantly get some nice mileage out of tuning your modifications to your ability preference. My lazy get around to it eventually plans of having super boring as gently caress hard stats and recoil modifications once I have full outfits I'm chasing is not so much for the PvP minmaxing mindset, but the fact they work with every subclass.

Though on that note, remember that Helmets offer a Resilience option, for when chasing stats. They take several other options, but it just makes sense to me for my Guardian to want his helmet to survive getting shot in the goddamned face slightly better. More so than wanting pants that help your cardio, or arms that make you run faster.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Given how often a cause of death for my Warlock is followed by me saying "I miss my Synthoceps" due to expecting the wonderful lunge. Please let this be real.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 6, 2017

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Oh hey my first exotic engram in the expac!
Neat, it decrypted into a new exotic for my warlock!

Dang it looks badass!

I wonder what perk it has?

...:psyduck:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

It's real and it is great. Ophidian Aspect is, as mentioned, basically Warlock Synthoceps + Universal Reload/Ready Speed.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 6, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Mk. 44 Stand Asides [Curse of Osiris]
Seriously, Watch Out: Grants an overshield when sprinting at full health with Seismic Strike, Hammer Strike, or Shield Bash equipped. Hits with these abilities recharge a portion of your melee energy.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ophidian Aspect [Curse of Osiris]
Cobra Totemic: Weapons ready and reload very quickly. Melee range is extended.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Missed opportunity to call the perk "Deerly Departed".

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is destiny db working for anyone? i’m trying to figure out what the mercury sniper is like.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I just noticed Iokra only has two Meditation flashback missions for me this week, on all my characters. I just ran one, and they still only give you 3 tokens on completion.

It's already throttled enough as it is being a weekly pick up. But if this is a permanent downgrade rather than some season opening hiccup, that's 9 less tokens a week for trying to fill out your cool tutorial outfits.

What, was that one whole almost but not quite one full 10 pack turn in per week really breaking the curve? What a thing to nerf.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The third one is a CoO mission. Finish the campaign and it shows up

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Republicans posted:

I got an Atalanta-D which has a ridiculously fat suppressor on it. It's a 600rpm Hakke energy SMG with bad stats that I fed to my Antiope.

You are as dumb as your forum handle suggests

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

QuasiQuack posted:

The third one is a CoO mission. Finish the campaign and it shows up
Thanks for the confirmation. In hindsight it's a good assumption, but up front all you get is "You're missing a mission". Joke about poorly communicated mechanics go here. December 12th I'll finally get those arms for my Titan, and then continue to use Synthoceps nearly nonstop anyways :downs:

EDIT: Avalon Teal still dropping from Engrams, it's going to be a good season.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 6, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The campaign was short but sweet, lots of cool set-pieces.

One thing I didn't catch:

In the past Mercury simulation, I noticed The Traveler is in the sky. Is the simulation of when the Vex first arrived on Mercury? Or is it just them simulating from that point onward? Cause if the Vex were there at the same time that The Traveler was terraforming, it certainly feeds into the "We're the baddies" theory. I kept expecting some huge revelation about the nature of the Vex.

Bummed the new planet is so small, smaller than Titan.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

treizebee posted:

Oh hey my first exotic engram in the expac!
Neat, it decrypted into a new exotic for my warlock!

Dang it looks badass!

I wonder what perk it has?

...:psyduck:

Tricky posted:

It's real and it is great. Ophidian Aspect is, as mentioned, basically Warlock Synthoceps + Universal Reload/Ready Speed.

Awesome. These were both from D1.

Snuffman posted:

The campaign was short but sweet, lots of cool set-pieces.

One thing I didn't catch:

In the past Mercury simulation, I noticed The Traveler is in the sky. Is the simulation of when the Vex first arrived on Mercury? Or is it just them simulating from that point onward? Cause if the Vex were there at the same time that The Traveler was terraforming, it certainly feeds into the "We're the baddies" theory. I kept expecting some huge revelation about the nature of the Vex.

Bummed the new planet is so small, smaller than Titan.

Hell, *we* could have made the Vex at some point, and they runaway succeeded?!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Oh my, I pulled the shark speeder... :dance:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I got Call Me and if I didn't have the table flip, I'd be using it.

Definitely saving my dust for Mic Drop. It'll be so good in Crucible after big multi kills and poo poo.

The lineup of weapons telemetry ghost shells I had got fed to the grinder to get the call me emote.

Worth it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why did the Vex look so much cooler in the past?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

General Battuta posted:

Somebody tell me all the good lore/flavor text/story development from this update. Or I guess I could watch a playthrough!

I will do this thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

General Battuta posted:

Somebody tell me all the good lore/flavor text/story development from this update. Or I guess I could watch a playthrough!

turns out, the real destiny was the friends we made along the way

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Dope dope dope, the perk is less than stellar as a previous poster said, but drat it looks cool

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Communist Walrus posted:

Why did the Vex look so much cooler in the past?

If you look at the progression from old, modern and future vex via the new shaders you can see that they basically treated their success in the universe like a relationship. Now that they're everywhere and impossible to get rid of they really let themselves go.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, don't be like me and try to do a heroic adventure, solo, at 295. That was not fun.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'll ask again: Does any expansion/DLC stuff impact any of the content pre-max level?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Morter posted:

I'll ask again: Does any expansion/DLC stuff impact any of the content pre-max level?

Well they raised the max level so yes?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Waaaait. If The Stag is back, does that mean we'll maybe get The Ram again?

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean considering you can max out every skill tree in the base game what practical purpose does raising the character level (not light level) to 25 even serve? is it just a way of letting expansion buyers get 5 bright engrams relatively quickly?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Cowcaster posted:

i mean considering you can max out every skill tree in the base game what practical purpose does raising the character level (not light level) to 25 even serve? is it just a way of letting expansion buyers get 5 bright engrams relatively quickly?

I'm gonna guess Light Level will start mattering for Trials of the Nine/other events soon

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

trace rifles are going to look good in pvp because it tracks assists as ‘eliminations’ and it’s hella easy to tag people w them

Nope, the gun is actually absurd.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, there's a new exotic grenade launcher called The Colony

Best thing is dumping the clip on a group of ads, going into cover, then seeing my Nezarec light up as my little spider bombs chew through anything that has legs. Or dumping it on a boss and watching two yellow bars melt away.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Not really feeling Curse so far.

Good:
A lot of the new loot looks good and some of the new guns feel good. The exotics are interesting and different, but I think it'll be hard to compete with some of the stalwarts like Nezarec's Sin.
Pretty much all the Eververse stuff looks cool as gently caress.
The new system changes to mods and faction vendors work well so far.
Heroic Strikes are nothing special, but its more content and more Powerful Engrams.

Bad:
Everything else about the expansion screams rushed to meet a deadline. The heavy reliance on the Infinite Forest, the tiny zone size, the uninspired Public Event, the general bland look, the new Strikes being copy-pastes of story missions. The Forest itself is incredibly uninteresting in the way that Diablo 3 Rifts are, but at least in Rifts the idea is to try out new gear and skill setups. Destiny 2 doesn't really work the same way. Its just bad.

We'll have to see how Eater of Worlds is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Eej posted:

If you look at the progression from old, modern and future vex via the new shaders you can see that they basically treated their success in the universe like a relationship. Now that they're everywhere and impossible to get rid of they really let themselves go.

i figured it was something like their chasis match whatever the most common resource was in w/e universe/timeline in their in right now but thats thinking about it too much and you're probably right

• Locked thread