Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
With all the build-up, it’s probably a kree Accuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The ship looked similar to the Kree trawler so probably more Kree assholes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even after 4 seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D I still don't understand Kree classification.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Even after 4 seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D I still don't understand Kree classification.

What do you mean?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

hamsystem posted:

Agents of Shield: Infinity Wards.
:neckbeard:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Fitz probably orchestrated the Kree kidnapping at the diner to save his friends by stashing them away in the future so he could figure out a way to prevent the catastrophe, while knowing that they’re all (relatively) safe/alive.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gonz posted:

Fitz probably orchestrated the Kree kidnapping at the diner to save his friends by stashing them away in the future so he could figure out a way to prevent the catastrophe, while knowing that they’re all (relatively) safe/alive.

I'm not sure how sending them to a place where they could be killed on a whim of a Kree or in a battle royale is supposed to keep them safe.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not sure how sending them to a place where they could be killed on a whim of a Kree or in a battle royale is supposed to keep them safe.

Eh, they can handle that.

Give them a few months and they'll be running a full-scale rebellion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Regy Rusty posted:

It could also be the case that the future on the Kree prison is much safer than any of the alternatives. He could also have set up poo poo to help them while they’re there, ala Bill & Ted’s back and forth with Chuck DeNomolos.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I think the Earth's destruction was the result of a covert war between Skrulls and Kree that SHIELD got pulled into. Because skin suit guy looked like a Skrull in the shower.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

Because skin suit guy looked like a Skrull in the shower.

Yeah, his silhouette looked a bit off. Skrulls are enemies of Kree or something?

Talking Heads at the beginning was awesome. For sooo long, too.

Why did May have such an issue porting into an object when Coulson seemed to have lots of time to look around before he fully materialized?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

I think the Earth's destruction was the result of a covert war between Skrulls and Kree that SHIELD got pulled into. Because skin suit guy looked like a Skrull in the shower.

I don’t know how you could tell he looked like anything but weird through that frosted glass. Skrulls in the comics don’t actually look all that weird. They’re just normally proportioned humans with green skin, elf ears, and chin cleavage. Though I suppose skin suits might be an interesting take on their ability to mimic people.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Why would a Skrull need a skinsuit? I just assumed it was some rogue faction Kree or something.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phylodox posted:

I don’t know how you could tell he looked like anything but weird through that frosted glass. Skrulls in the comics don’t actually look all that weird. They’re just normally proportioned humans with green skin, elf ears, and chin cleavage. Though I suppose skin suits might be an interesting take on their ability to mimic people.

Maybe I have them confused with Green Goblin.

cjg posted:

Yeah, his silhouette looked a bit off. Skrulls are enemies of Kree or something?

Talking Heads at the beginning was awesome. For sooo long, too.

Why did May have such an issue porting into an object when Coulson seemed to have lots of time to look around before he fully materialized?

It seemed like they all experienced it differnetly, arriving at different times, different locations, she just got the short straw.

And https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kree%E2%80%93Skrull_War
I was just hoping they'd tie into Captain Marvel.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's what's gonna happen.

By the end of the first third of the season, they'll end up back on Earth, where they'll try, and fail, to prevent the destruction of the planet. The start of the second third will have them back in the diner, and this time, it's Simmons left behind. The end of the second third plays out like the end of the first third. For the final third, Hunter's at the diner when they show up, they ALL end up in space, and are able to save the planet.

With Time Travel, they get multiple chances. And only with the FULL team can they save the planet. Fitz AND Simmons go on to become the next Doctor. Yes, that's right. TWO Doctors at the same time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

What do you mean?

I thought there were a bunch of different Kree classes. Phylodox mentioned a Kree Accuser and I could've sworn there were a bunch more than that even.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I thought there were a bunch of different Kree classes. Phylodox mentioned a Kree Accuser and I could've sworn there were a bunch more than that even.

There are a few, but as far as I know they all have the same morphology. I mean take away the helmet, armor and hammer and an Accuser looks just like NIlox the street sweep.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

There are a few, but as far as I know they all have the same morphology. I mean take away the helmet, armor and hammer and an Accuser looks just like NIlox the street sweep.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

idgi.

I'm assuming that's Star Trek(?). That has to do with the Kree...?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

idgi.

I'm assuming that's Star Trek(?). That has to do with the Kree...?

That's Neelix from Voyager. Neelix/Nilox etc etc

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Earth is possessed by Ghost Rider until proven otherwise, imo

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Kree is the name of their species, Accuser is a title/job description.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrew Verse posted:

Kree is the name of their species, Accuser is a title/job description.

Yeah, I get that part. I'm saying I could've sworn that Kree had a bunch of different classes besides Accuser and Reaper that I'm forgetting.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hamsystem posted:

Hopefully it's full of Ward's that were snatched out of the past/other dimensions leading to a showdown in the final arc of the season, Agents of Shield: Infinity Wards.

They've been dropping Marvel names on the DC shows all season, so my guess is an entire ship stuffed full of Wards and Thawnes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Earth is possessed by Ghost Rider until proven otherwise, imo

The best part is everyone looking at Coulson like "WAS THIS THE DEAL YOU MADE" and him going "nope" and then no one asks what the actual deal is.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

The best part is everyone looking at Coulson like "WAS THIS THE DEAL YOU MADE" and him going "nope" and then no one asks what the actual deal is.

Because it's worse.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

We'll find out. We'll see Robbie again.

Or the Ghost Rider, at least, if Gabriel Luna isn't available.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cjg posted:

Virgil mentioned distortions due to gravitational anomalies. Probably the monolith just transported them in time but kept their physical location consistent. But since earth is 1/8 the original size, and surrounded by an asteroid field, gravity in localized space around the bunker is erratic at best.

I'm half expecting the team to eventually go to an older, unused part of the bunker and realize the whole thing was built from SHIELD HQ. it would be the easiest way to have Fitz get materials/weapons/information to them if Fitz left it in time capsules in Coulson's various stashes.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 5, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm half expecting the team to eventually go to an older, unused part of the bunker and realize the whole thing was built from SHIELD HQ.
Yeah, simply explaining that it "used to be a bunker" begs the obvious question, who on Earth would have ever built a bunker as huge as the elevator ride scene implied.

Duh, it was Hydra HQ and hidden away somewhere is a Ward clone ready to be thawed out who will obviously also turn out to be a Hive clone. and then end up being just a Skrull

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pyroi posted:

Brett Dalton, playing the Kree, Wahrd.

Kree names are more like Wah-Ard

Mar-vell, Noh-Var, Yon-Rog. Never knew why Ronan didn't have that style of name, but that might be because he appeared before the others?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

twistedmentat posted:

Kree names are more like Wah-Ard

Mar-vell, Noh-Var, Yon-Rog. Never knew why Ronan didn't have that style of name, but that might be because he appeared before the others?

Ro-Nan?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Never knew why Ronan didn't have that style of name, but that might be because he appeared before the others?

From what I can see, Accusers don’t have hyphenated names. Ronan. Hala. Huran.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm half expecting the team to eventually go to an older, unused part of the bunker and realize the whole thing was built from SHIELD HQ. it would be the easiest way to have Fitz get materials/weapons/information to them if Fitz left it in time capsules in Coulson's various stashes.

This makes too much sense.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The corridors are already the SHIELD base hallways reused as the new set.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like if they were the SHIELD base, they would have recognized it instantly, at least Mack would have.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Due to time travel shenanigans, the only person who can remember it's what the base looked like is Mace.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
My dumb guess:

Fitz has somehow arranged a wacked-out time loop based on an incredibly reckless cheat. We're not watching the first loop. The dire consequences of this action will be the last part of the season. The next time the future-crew sees him, he'll be some flavor of "not okay", but that's the deal for punching physics in the crotch. This trip through, maybe Daisy did crack the planet.

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

As a side note, May's surprisingly functional for someone missing an inch-wide cylinder through her leg. I'm guessing she's not an LMD, the writers didn't consider how much of a problem that would be, or just consider her to be a super soldier at this point.

She's sorta limping. For May, that's an indication of a serious injury.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Mace was loving awesome. Season 4 was great in a lot of different ways, but Mace's arc and, especially, death were so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Proteus Jones posted:

She's sorta limping. For May, that's an indication of a serious injury.

Yeah, May's basically scowling and limping a little bit. Indicative of what would be a fatal injury for most.

• Locked thread