Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Whole lotta people playing Stamnb, the squishiest thing in the game!

That said, https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

Do this, but imo, all these builds are for endgame assuming you always have healers and tanks around. As this is never the case, instead of Surprise Attack, use the Bloodthirst morph of Flurry as your main spam. And take the other morph of Rending Slashes, the one that heals you. With both of those, maybe you won't die constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Hi I'd like to join a goon guild @ipa147

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm leveling a DragonKnight Stamina dual-weilder and use both of the healing morphs on flurry and slashes. But I'm not sure how I should be allocating my attributes. Right now, it's like Magikca 7, Health 10, and Stamina 10. Is there a "right" way to put points into those things.

Also, how do you sell crafting materials from the craft bag to trash vendors? Or do you guys join some other guild with a store as well? I read somewhere that people can join multiple guilds.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm leveling a DragonKnight Stamina dual-weilder and use both of the healing morphs on flurry and slashes. But I'm not sure how I should be allocating my attributes. Right now, it's like Magikca 7, Health 10, and Stamina 10. Is there a "right" way to put points into those things.

Also, how do you sell crafting materials from the craft bag to trash vendors? Or do you guys join some other guild with a store as well? I read somewhere that people can join multiple guilds.

You put attribute points into whatever attribute you're using for your skills (stamina or magicka) so for you, you should be slapping all points into stamina.

Do not sell crafting materials to vendors, they don't eat up space. You can join 5 guilds, most of us have a guild or two that have stores up to sell stuff to people, I'm in one, but I honestly never sell crafting materials. I loving hate farming crafting mats so I hoard all of them for my FOTM Alt.

Yonic and Chronic
Apr 23, 2007
I'd love to play with goons. Can someone shoot an invite to @maths69

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
Couldja invite @TaintHoney? Played the trial for a bit, turned out to be a lot of fun, especially thieving. Having to sneak to crafting areas, always on the lookout for the law lookin' out for me, never having any inventory space but never wanting for variety in my food...it's good, yo.

zidane13 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 5, 2017

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Just coming back since before the latest expansion and want to try Warden. Could someone give a decent leveling guide? I forget everything about this game but I want a Bear Bro. Also if someone could invite @Effluence, that would be great.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 5, 2017

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Aramek posted:

Whole lotta people playing Stamnb, the squishiest thing in the game!

That said, https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/

Do this, but imo, all these builds are for endgame assuming you always have healers and tanks around. As this is never the case, instead of Surprise Attack, use the Bloodthirst morph of Flurry as your main spam. And take the other morph of Rending Slashes, the one that heals you. With both of those, maybe you won't die constantly.

thank you so much for this advice! Using Bloodthirst took me from "every fight with a named quest mob is a nail-biter involving at least one potion" to "spam 1 and yawn while looking at another screen"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Any goons on ps4 to party or guild with?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Would like an invite to the goon guild @Korsriddare

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Oh god I'm playing an MMO and I think I kind of like it :pwn:

Invite @trustywren tia

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Trustworthy posted:

Oh god I'm playing an MMO and I think I kind of like it :pwn:

Invite @trustywren tia

:same:

I enjoy doing randos with goons while leveling and the main quest missions aren't terrible.

Does the game throw enough skill points at you for a single character to make his swords and his armor or do you have to specialize at some point?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So I'm closing in on having enough shards to transmute my vMA bow and I'm not sure what to do anymore with the trait changes. Is sharpened still the default, or should I be running nirnhorned or precise instead? Alcast seems to think you don't need sharpened anymore but it just feels weird to not go for sharpened.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MoraleHazard posted:

I enjoy doing randos with goons while leveling and the main quest missions aren't terrible.

Does the game throw enough skill points at you for a single character to make his swords and his armor or do you have to specialize at some point?

You get a fuckton of skill points, obviously you have to put the work in, but there's somewhere around 370 available skill points if you do all skill point quests, group dungeon events, shard collecting, and pvp, which is a lot.

Hakarne posted:

So I'm closing in on having enough shards to transmute my vMA bow and I'm not sure what to do anymore with the trait changes. Is sharpened still the default, or should I be running nirnhorned or precise instead? Alcast seems to think you don't need sharpened anymore but it just feels weird to not go for sharpened.

What class are you? As a stamsorc I'm still rolling sharpened, pretty sure it's still the way to go, though it might depend how much CP you spent on armor/spell pen.

I'm probably bad though, still only pushing 25k single target dps, I feel like I should be able to get just shy of 30k.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

You get an absolute shitload of skill points between levelling, skyshards and quests, and respeccing is so cheap and easy you can go hog wild

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

MoraleHazard posted:

yeah with enough time and effort you can max out all the crafting professions and still have enough skill points to max out two or three different builds (like one for pvp and one for pve)

They usually add another dozen or so skill points with each (non-dungeon) dlc too

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Hakarne posted:

Nirnhoned backbar is what you wanna do. Sharpened is actually pretty weak in most cases now, except off-hand on a DW bar.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Nirnhoned back bar.

Reason Alcast says that is because he's more speaking to a raid/group setting where there's people running Major Fracture/Breach, Infused Crusher enchants, Sunderflame + Night Mother's Gaze, and Alkosh which all provide a gigantic amount of Physical Penetration. Magicka setups get an innate bonus from just having 5 light armor pieces equipped. On top of that you can dump points into CP passives for Spell and Physical Penetration and can run Lover stone for additional Penetration.

All of this usually ends up putting you at or near the standard armor cap for mobs which means any additional penetration is wasted, hence either going Infused for bigger and faster enchants or Nirnhoned to stack weapon/spell damage.

(I still run Sharpened weapons for the most part).

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I don't know how to deal with inventory space playing the free trial. If I decide to go full hog I guess I'll get guild storage and crafting bag maybe and that sort of poo poo, but should I focus on one or two crafting skills instead of all of them now that I have a tiny baby inventory?

I'm playing EU now, so if I decide to buy this thing I'm gonna have to abandon everything anyway.

Edit: Also, if I'm buying plus, is there any point to buying anything other than the bog standard version?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 5, 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

If you don't have crafting bag materials that are in your bank can be accessed automatically while crafting, so don't feel the need to leave them all in your actual inventory. Blacksmith/woodworker/clothier doesn't require too many materials and is easy to level up as you play by just deconstructing everything you come across you don't want to keep, while provisioning and alchemy/enchanting are all pretty big space hogs. Like...we all managed to do all six before crafting bags were a thing, but it will require quite a bit of gold spent on upgrading space and time juggling what you absolutely need to hold onto and what to just sell/ditch.

Leveling the make armor/weapon skills can be leveled up really just by deconstructing things as you progress, while alchemy/provisioning take like thirty minutes to power through once you have enough resources either saved up/or just buy from guilds. Enchanting has, and always will probably, suck to level up though.

If you do move to PC NA and play with goons naturally everyone will be more than happy to just hook you up as you're getting started.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Thanks. I'm gonna see how the lag treats me on the NA servers and if it treats me right I might just be ready to give it a try. Standard edition or Morrowind though, if I'm already planning to go plus?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Morrowind (and by extension, the warden class) is not included with ESO+ if that helps your decision.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ah poo poo, I thought that might be part of the DLC included in pluss, but returning to Vvardenfell is like 50% of the reason I want to play this so it sure does help my decision.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Could someone post a list of useful mods? Really just looking for a UI overhaul. In WoW, I prefer things like Improved Blizzard UI. It still keeps the original UI but spices it up a bit.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'm finding this reasonably enjoyable through the free weekend, and may very well drop the :10bux: in steam for the base game. I'll never play enough to want to get ESO+, so would y'all say it's at all worth it to just buy the base game?

Sure seems like a lot of content is walled off, but it's a bit fuzzy just how much you get with the upfront purchase.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Could someone post a list of useful mods? Really just looking for a UI overhaul. In WoW, I prefer things like Improved Blizzard UI. It still keeps the original UI but spices it up a bit.

I have no clue what Improved Blizzard UI did but I'll post my list of good as hell add-ons when I get home

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

There's plenty of game in the base purchase. The DLC from what I've played so far offers the most fun and flavourful areas but you'll get your moneys worth out of what you pay either way.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
https://imgur.com/vWvUCeQ
https://imgur.com/0c11EZ5

Loved this dude, just popped in middle of the night and started strutting around town. Why was he glowing? No one believed that I saw him, was really funny and odd.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Going for the digital collector's edition of Morrowind when I'm slightly unsure about the game is probably a stupid dork move though, right?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zxqv8 posted:

I'm finding this reasonably enjoyable through the free weekend, and may very well drop the :10bux: in steam for the base game. I'll never play enough to want to get ESO+, so would y'all say it's at all worth it to just buy the base game?

Sure seems like a lot of content is walled off, but it's a bit fuzzy just how much you get with the upfront purchase.

If you never plan to subscribe then you can get GOLD EDITION. cause the dlc ain't never gone on sale dawg

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

corn in the bible posted:

If you never plan to subscribe then you can get GOLD EDITION. cause the dlc ain't never gone on sale dawg

they usually put the dlc on sale whenever its the respective anniversary for that dlc

like one just ended a week ago

that said I kind of recommend to people to get the Morrowind bundle over the gold edition. Cause then you can get base game + access to vvardenfell, pvp battlegrounds, and warden class and if you sub you get all the DLC in the game, while if you do the old Gold Edition you get some of the DLC, but not the Dungeon DLCs and not Clockwork City DLC or whatever the next Q1 DLC will be, plus you still need to buy Morrowind and you'll probably still end up subbing at least once and so gold edition its just not the greatest deal these days I think

Black Griffon posted:

Going for the digital collector's edition of Morrowind when I'm slightly unsure about the game is probably a stupid dork move though, right?

I mean it's whatever your finances allow, I don't think anyone here would care. I have the digital collector's edition, it's got neat things but it's all cosmetics

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

zxqv8 posted:

Each of the three factions are probably at the least like 50+ hours of questing, and that's probably if you're just blowing through quests and not reading anything. So conservatively something like 150 or so hours of quests not counting other things like stealing or loving around with player housing or doing open pvp in Cyrodiil which are also all part of the base game. It's a hefty amount of content.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

I mean it's whatever your finances allow, I don't think anyone here would care. I have the digital collector's edition, it's got neat things but it's all cosmetics

Right oh, went for standard+morrowind no extras. Is the pluss discount of 50-58% how it always is or part of the free trial thing?

Edit: aah I love it when steam freaks out and decides to redownload the entire game when I buy it

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 6, 2017

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Thanks for the bow trait suggestions, all. I forgot to say I'm a stamsorc that likes to solo world bosses and run vet dungeons, with the rare trial/pvp session on the weekend. Looks like I'll go with nirnhorned for my backbar vMA bow.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

So, I finally broke and bought the PC version. What mods or whatever still work? Is the skyshards one fine? Looking for skyshards was always a pain.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Could some add me to the guild? @MHKnights

Do crowns ever go on sale?
Is equipment/crafting research account wide or per character? I have like 30 pieces of gear clogging up my inventory and was wondering if an alt could research some of it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Could I get an invite to @crowfeathers

I'd appreciate it yo

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren::siren::siren:Scy's Must-Have Add-Ons:siren::siren::siren:
(LISTED ALPHABETICALLY; You can find most of these with a simple search through https://www.esoui.com)
  • Advanced Filters - Incorporates a variety of filters into your inventory menu so that you can search by parameters such as Weapon/Armor Type, Trait, Item Quality, etc.
  • Alpha Gear 2 - Pretty much lets you set up specific combinations of item sets and skill setups so that you can equip them with a minimal amount of fuss
  • Awesome Guild Store - Completely un-fucks the Guild Store interface and makes it easier to find what you're looking for
  • Azurah - Unlocks a majority of the interface so you can move stuff around however you want. Great for customizing your UI
  • AdvancedUI - I only really use this for the extended quickslot bar, basically allowing me to swap my quickslot on the fly in PvP
  • CraftStore - Pretty much the crafting go-to mod. Does so many things it's not even funny. MAKE SURE TO GET CRAFT STORE FIXED AND IMPROVED/THE LATEST VERSION. The original author bailed on the game and thus his mod is outdated
  • Destinations - Lets you filter points of interest on the map, and has an option to mark the location of dungeon champions
  • Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter - If you plan on getting into high-level crafting this addon is for you. Pretty much streamlines daily writ time
  • Easy Travel - Allows you to travel to any guildmate/location that a guildmate is in with a simple chat command
  • Foundry Tactical Combat - Pretty good unit frame mod that also has more detailed Scrolling Combat Text
  • Guild Shrines - Marks the wayshrines for the 2 unlocked areas of the Fighters and Mages guild so that you can port to them if you've unlocked those 2 locations.
  • Inventory Insight - The must-have inventory management addon
  • LoreBooks - Marks all the lore books on the map for Mages Guild leveling and for you lore nerds out there
  • Lost Treasure - Marks treasure maps/writ surveys on your map and also on your compass
  • Master Merchant/Tamriel Trade Centre - Pretty much the 2 addons you'll want to have if you plan on getting into the virtual ESO economy
  • Multi-Craft - Allows you to craft multiples of things, why this isn't a base feature no one loving knows.
  • No, Thank You! - Hate those UI errors? Hate getting spammed with @LLJKSCY JUST COMPLETED MAELSTROM ARENA (VETERAN) WITH A SCORE OF 550490??? This is the addon for you. It throws all those annoying popups/notifications into either the notification menu or in the chat box
  • PChat - Amazing chat addon that lets you customize how your chat window works
  • Potion Maker - The Alchemy Addon. Improves the Alchemy Interface (COMPATIBLE WITH CRAFT STORE)
  • Quest Map - Marks all the quest givers on the map for easy locating
  • Srendarr - The buff-timer addon to have. Allows you to customize all your buff/debuff timers as well.
  • Skyshards - Self-explanatory. Marks every single skyshard on the map so you don't have to kill yourself looking for them.
  • Votan's Search Box - Hate looking for gear in your bag? Say no more, this here adds a search box to the inventory menu for easy searching.
  • What Pledges Are My Alts - Don't want to leave your toons parked in Mournhold/Wayrest/Elden Root for Undaunted Dailies? This is the addon for you. A simple button press brings up the list of daily pledges, and also has other features such as "Is my random daily dungeon bonus ready yet?" or "Is my weekly trial coffer ready yet?"

:siren::siren:END-GAME-FOCUSED MUST HAVE ADDONS:siren::siren:
(This is mainly if you plan on getting into endgame stuff in ESO. Ignore if you are a casual or hate PvP)
  • Miat's PvP Alerts - Until they ban this addon or change the API to make it impossible to use, this is the addon you will need for PvP
  • Miat's CC Alerts - Sometimes you lag and get hit with a CC. This addon throws a giant warning at you when that happens.
  • Omnistats - Great for tracking stats like Weapon/Spell Damage on the fly so that you can set up combos
  • Recount/Combat Log Statistics - Want to check your DPS/Rotation? This is the addon for you. Provides detailed summaries of encounters
  • Cyrodiil Alert - Essential for PvP, this addon lets you know when a keep is being attacked and how many siege engines are currently on it.
  • Kill Counter - Basically an EPeen addon. Tracks players that you've killed too so that you can poo poo talk them about how you have them on farm.
  • Pointificator - Another epeen addon. Lets you track your AP/Hour, current progress towards that next pvp rank, and your overall faction rank on the current home campaign cycle.
  • RaidNotifier/Raidificator - Essential for end-game raiding, provides notifications for some of the spicier mechanics in veteran trials

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

MH Knights posted:

Do crowns ever go on sale?
Is equipment/crafting research account wide or per character? I have like 30 pieces of gear clogging up my inventory and was wondering if an alt could research some of it.

Crowns go on sale about 3-4 times a year or so? Been a while since I bought a pack, but it's about 40% off iirc. As a filthy non-subber I load up, still have tons from last I played.

Research, achievements, and the like is per character. All equipment is per account, so you can swap freely. Man, I played for months before someone randomly told me..

Yessss, thank you!

valuum fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
you forgot the most important addon