Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Avulsion posted:

Speak up in clan chat, tell people what you need and ask for a taxi. Higher level players need those materials too, and often run missions just to farm resources. Bringing along a newbie doesn't cost them anything.

I didn't even know that that was a mechanic! I'll pipe up in clan chat and see what happens; it seems to be mostly quiet on PS4 but it won't hurt to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sandweed posted:

Yo you can just runs straight to the final arena and fight him there, you don't need to do the first 3 fights. Just run there and do the last fight.

Yes, and the first phase there is still supper annoying. If you get a host with a bad ping its nearly impossible to hit the weak spot as drone Vay Heck move too erratically.

Phase 2 in his Terra frame is a walk in the park compared to phase 1

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Yeah str affects how fast and how much you heal from 2 and 4. So tanking it like that really is hurting the mummy.

Vitality, steel fiber and rage are all mandatory no arguments. From that it seems we all have different views so I'll just say however you mod try to keep inaros at 100% strength. Otherwise his ult will lose part of it's use.

Well I don't have that mod, so I have no option at the moment anyway. I'll have to try it with and without to see the difference. I think people focus on healing from finishers though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Speak up in clan chat, tell people what you need and ask for a taxi. Higher level players need those materials too, and often run missions just to farm resources. Bringing along a newbie doesn't cost them anything.

one thing I really enjoy about this game is that it's very hard to be an active detriment to your group, so even if you're a dumbass like me you can usually pull your weight

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I’ve been putting two element mods on one gun and the other two on my other gun. Is this dumb and wrong?

I’m at the point of the game where elements are turning up on mobs so what’s the best strategy to manage resists and susceptibilities?

Excalibur
Primary: two element mods, use a lot
Secondary: rarely used, other two element mods
Melee: use a lot for ability 4 without element mods
Sentinel: passive

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 5, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I was looking at the syndicate offerings, and saw in the relic pack it says one is a guaranteed rare. Does that mean that its guaranteed to be high level like an Axi or Neo, or that the contents of your relics are pre-determined before you actually open them?

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Sazabi posted:

Vitality, steel fiber and rage are all mandatory no arguments. From that it seems we all have different views so I'll just say however you mod try to keep inaros at 100% strength. Otherwise his ult will lose part of it's use.

I've never had to use 2 to heal and since you're completely invulnerable while devouring I wouldn't worry about how long it takes. And as far as I know the only part of Inaros 4 that's affected by ability strength is when you discharge it, which I don't think I'd ever do since you'd lose all your armour bonus and status immunity for small amounts of damage.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

commish posted:

Well I don't have that mod, so I have no option at the moment anyway. I'll have to try it with and without to see the difference. I think people focus on healing from finishers though.

Which mod are you lacking cause I will hook you up myself, given that you are on PC.

Pocket sand is the quick and easy health regen, but even a group of four enemies getting swarmed can heal players and defense targets to full in a matter of moments so don't dismiss his four as just CC.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Sazabi posted:

Which mod are you lacking cause I will hook you up myself, given that you are on PC.

Pocket sand is the quick and easy health regen, but even a group of four enemies getting swarmed can heal players and defense targets to full in a matter of moments so don't dismiss his four as just CC.

Do you mean his 3? That's the tornado.

e: Ah, wait, I misunderstood.

Quirkk fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 5, 2017

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Alas, I am a console peasant, but I thank you kindly just the same!

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

commish posted:

Alas, I am a console peasant, but I thank you kindly just the same!

If it's Rage that you're missing then Hunter Adrenaline from the Plague Star event is actually a better version of Rage.

RFC2324 posted:

I was looking at the syndicate offerings, and saw in the relic pack it says one is a guaranteed rare. Does that mean that its guaranteed to be high level like an Axi or Neo, or that the contents of your relics are pre-determined before you actually open them?

You got it on the first try. It's two Lith/Meso and one Neo/Axi.

cowofwar posted:

I’ve been putting two element mods on one gun and the other two on my other gun. Is this dumb and wrong?

I’m at the point of the game where elements are turning up on mobs so what’s the best strategy to manage resists and susceptibilities?

Excalibur

Corrosive is your general go to for safe damage paired with Blast/Heat/Cold if you have the room. Early on though it's not a huge deal and the extra damage you get from just having elemental mods equipped makes the biggest difference. Since they add damage rather than convert your base damage to an element you'll never be doing less damage by having elementals on your weapons. Magnetic is generally the least good combined elemental though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quirkk posted:

I've never had to use 2 to heal and since you're completely invulnerable while devouring I wouldn't worry about how long it takes. And as far as I know the only part of Inaros 4 that's affected by ability strength is when you discharge it, which I don't think I'd ever do since you'd lose all your armour bonus and status immunity for small amounts of damage.

Scarab swarm isn't about the damage. It's aoe CC and aoe healing that even affects your squadmates. Blind is generally better for cc but the bug-throw does work against enemies who aren't facing you and it can spread to new enemies who approach the area later. Even with 40% powerstrength, a scarab swarm on a group of 5 or so sortie enemies can easily full-heal you and all your nearby squadmates too.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

Once your completed misssion detremined you where awarded a relic, the system roll on the relic table for your mission tier level (thus not giving you an Axi on an earth mission), relics having various % drop chance based on rarity of the possible content. The last two levels of syndicate ranks need rare Prime part as offering so the relics pack you buy from them are from a drop table that have a higher chance of containing one of those requested parts as possible rewards. One of them will be a "rare" relic (rare seem to mean "below 10%" for DE), but the content is not predetermined.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 6, 2017

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Excalibur

Here's a handy-dandy guide to proper element use:

Useful Elements:

Corrosive (Electric + Toxic): Will reduce enemy armor, strong against Grineer and Infested Ancients.
Radiation (Heat + Electric): Will make enemies vulerable to friendly fire and they will teamkill each other. Stronger than Corrosive against Grineer big boys like Bombards, Napalms, or various Dropships in Plains of Eidolon. Also wrecks Corpus Bursas.
Blast (Heat + Cold): Will ragdoll anything and everything and is a solid general-purpose element.
[Saryn-Only] Gas (Heat + Toxic): Extremely effective against Infested small-fry and creates a toxic-element cloud to detonate Saryn's Spores.
Surprise

Decent Elements:

Everything except magnetic.

Bad Elements:

Magnetic (Cold + Electric)

You may ask, why is magnetic bad? Because while it may completely strip corpus shields, the shields themselves are already flimsy as hell and if you have a weapon with impact damage they cease to be an obstacle. Toxic bypasses shields entirely and goes straight to their health pool.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 6, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I've gotten good results out of gas+magnetic on a 100% status chance plasmor in the index, and no where else.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 6, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Corrosive plus blast is basically the best overall combo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the best for damage types. for applying statuses it's not so good. however, you really need dual stat mods to do a proper status weapon, which is not terribly newbie-friendly.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Avulsion posted:

I've gotten good results out of gas+magnetic on a 100% status chance plasmor in the index, and no where else.

Yeah but magnetic is just the second-class citizen who's only there because cold and elec are the only elements left after making gas.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Sazabi posted:

I think I see a typo.
Perhaps so

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Coldbird posted:

- Akbolto Prime
- Kogake Prime (!!)
- more bling armor and scarf

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I want a mod that's the exact opposite of sacrifice. When my sentinel dies, it revives itself at the cost of sucking out some of my hp or downing me. I would much rather die and have to be revived in a public mission than lose my vacuum bot.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I want a mod that's the exact opposite of sacrifice. When my sentinel dies, it revives itself at the cost of sucking out some of my hp or downing me. I would much rather die and have to be revived in a public mission than lose my vacuum bot.

I really wish the Primed Regen mod would reset after you revive for this exact reason.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Need that armorrrrrrr

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'd like to see the alternate reality version of this game where it got Japan-style audio design, and every character vocalized their actions. Every warframe would be letting out a series of grunts and yips as they parkoured around. Every power cast would be boldly declared. That Saryn next to you would just be saying, "Toxic spore. Toxic spore. MIASMA!"

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah, goons were saying "get rhino", but something that's not clear for new players is that the rhino systems piece needs drops from the void/phobos, which is a fair bit beyond Venus. Mine's finally cooking too!

We say get rhino and sonicor and ignis, they are all hard to farm for newbies solo, luckily you can just ask in guild and someone will help you farm everything.

Piell posted:

Corrosive plus blast is basically the best overall combo

The new meta is viral/slash but it only works on certain weapons, and totally newbie unfriendly because you need the barro slash mods.

Washout fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 6, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

viral is a really good status in general and i've been running it a lot lately, independent of whether or not slash is included. halving an enemy's hp counts for a lot.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'd like to see the alternate reality version of this game where it got Japan-style audio design, and every character vocalized their actions. Every warframe would be letting out a series of grunts and yips as they parkoured around. Every power cast would be boldly declared. That Saryn next to you would just be saying, "Toxic spore. Toxic spore. MIASMA!"

Ember: World on FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR---(25 rounds of Hydron)---RRREEEEE!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

And Tyler Too! posted:

Ember: World on FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR---(25 rounds of Hydron)---RRREEEEE!

and now i want this even more. ember just howling for whole missions.

run 4 to get a chorus going

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

and now i want this even more. ember just howling for whole missions.

run 4 to get a chorus going

Octavia mixed in for some sweet beats.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

When you go into operator mode the game starts playing buttrock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J9MVnDX2aQ

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be more appropriate to play a sad trombone

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Penis Vanguard posted:

I really wish the Primed Regen mod would reset after you revive for this exact reason.

Die and respawn (don't get revived). Your sentinel comes back to life.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Turn on the f-zero x soundtrack whenever you pick up a focus orb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPn4kCTnJ-0

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Avulsion posted:

Die and respawn (don't get revived). Your sentinel comes back to life.

But then I lose out on 10% of my sweet hydron gainz.

I actually was doing this during Plague Star though. After finishing the bounty, I jumped onto the instadeath boil and respawned with my sentinel to vacuum up the giant pile of mods and corpses.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

TheMostFrench posted:

Turn on the f-zero x soundtrack whenever you pick up a focus orb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPn4kCTnJ-0

New Octavia project found.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

And Tyler Too! posted:

New Octavia project found.

If you succeed, post it. I’d play Octavia just to blast f zero music :v:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
It would be rough to do in four measures.
As much as I love Infinite Blue, Shotgun Kiss and basically every character theme, I don't think they translate well.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, now I just want a frame that's whole gimmick is going incredibly fast. Instead of an exalted weapon as your 4 you get some kind of Front Mission style mech-skates and just run dudes over.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'd buy that dlc in a heartbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shlP9whn9Jg