Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

2000AD is funny, they created judge dredd as a satire of hypermilitarized US policing but in dredd's america the death penalty is abolished and dredd only ever uses lethal force in self defence. the british comic book industry's wild, super-outrageous exaggeration of american law enforcement is still way, way less brutal than the actual us justice system

This isn't true at all and dredd himself has killed millions of people. If you count the nukes as self-defence, then dredd has killed hundreds of people just for protesting. The gas they use to quell riots kills 1 in 200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

This isn't true at all and dredd himself has killed millions of people. If you count the nukes as self-defence, then dredd has killed hundreds of people just for protesting. The gas they use to quell riots kills 1 in 200

yeah i thought dredd's entire deal is that he kills the poo poo out of everyone who so much as jaywalks, unless they immediately surrender then they go to the cubes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The fun thing is that Dredd is actually reasonable as Judges go if only because he adheres to the letter of the law and isn't corrupt, lazy or unnecessarily sadistic, and actively pursues corruption within the system. If he was born in a different society he might well be Ned Flanders. The system is completely, unnecessarily hosed up and tyrannical and perpetuating its own problems.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jBrereton posted:

MMM 💪🏻 Yes 🏹 Many doubt it 🥖🐌 but we know what's good 👍🏻. Snuggle up to that bodkin ✒️ and don't feel the need to keep it under your hat 🕵🏻. Show 🖕🏻👀 don't Tell 🍏 your martial spirit young briton 👊🏻. From french knights 🐴☠️ and welsh bandits 💦🐲 to yorkist 🌈 usurpers 🌽 you get the job done RIGHT 🎯🚮. Share this status 👋🏻 and see if you're the long 🍆 man in your desmesne. 10 likes 👍🏻 👍🏻 and you'll exceed your low birth 👨🏻‍🌾👑 . 5 likes and you serve your lord well 🙌🏻💰. 1 like and you're a craven wolfshead 🦌🏃🏻. REMEMBER AGINCOURT! ❌🐸❌

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

gently caress yeah Savage, kill em all!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/938185275787960320

quote:

"I understand that the head of MI5, Andrew Parker, briefed Cabinet ministers today (Tuesday), such is the seriousness of what they believed they have uncovered.

"It is in essence an extreme Islamist suicide plot against Downing Street. Essentially police believe that the plan was to launch some sort of improvised explosive device at Downing Street and in the ensuing chaos attack and kill Theresa May."

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Serious? It'll be a couple of nutters with a plan saved on Google Docs again.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Itr will be less competent than the protags from 4 lions

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

why waste your time? she seems to be doing a fine job of that herself

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
imagine being so incompetent that you're caught by brexiteers

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Byolante posted:

Itr will be less competent than the protags from 4 lions

To be fair to the authorities on this one their plan sounds more likely to cause death and injury to someone than other groups they've picked up, like the fantacists who wanted to tie knives to the wheels of a truck and drive down a street cutting people.

That was '8 year old doodling at school' planning and they still got done. Although vehicular based attacks have been shown to be effective since then so maybe they were visionaries?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

namesake posted:

To be fair to the authorities on this one their plan sounds more likely to cause death and injury to someone than other groups they've picked up, like the fantacists who wanted to tie knives to the wheels of a truck and drive down a street cutting people.

That was '8 year old doodling at school' planning and they still got done. Although vehicular based attacks have been shown to be effective since then so maybe they were visionaries?

8 yearn old doodling at school is basically BoJo's entire career, and not coincidentally, he'd have the most to gain...

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/938339529429266434

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Remoaners getting desperate.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Doesn't that totally gently caress him since he said they had.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Apparently there's no official analysis into the impact leaving the E.U. would have on the U.K., according to Davis.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Samovar posted:

Apparently there's no official analysis into the impact leaving the E.U. would have on the U.K., according to Davis.

Yes, but he said they had those 50 reports. That is most likely somewhat illegal to do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's claiming impact assessment has a specific definition and what they've done doesn't meet that requirement lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
just lol at david cameron for starting all of this out of purelt opportunistic political reasons

just lmao

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I would never agree with or encourage the murder of anyone... HOWEVER MRS MAY...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Q: You told the Commons that the Brexit impact assessments do not exist in the form that MPs assumed. Is that why you have not handed them over?

Davis says that is correct.

There are formal definitions of impact assessments, he says. The work done by the government does not fit those definitions.

But he says the government decided to give the committee the best information it could, or the closest information.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oliwan posted:

just lol at david cameron for starting all of this out of purelt opportunistic political reasons

just lmao

fail island

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
david cameron defined a generation that’s for sure, a generation of retards

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The whole Brexit affair is Bart Gets an Elephant

The electorate were never meant to choose the elephant, but they're going to get it, consequences be damned

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think Rupert Murdoch is the ivory guy idk I haven't fully thought it out

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hexyflexy posted:

Yes, but he said they had those 50 reports. That is most likely somewhat illegal to do.

Nah we already know the conseqences of lying to parliament.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the brexit referendum was completely a gut feeling that overwhelmed half of the country and politicians don’t know what to do with it because it turns out if you actually do your research the gut feeling is completely wrong and it’s impossible to support it anymore lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

The whole Brexit affair is Bart Gets an Elephant

The electorate were never meant to choose the elephant, but they're going to get it, consequences be damned

Q: Did the government undertake an assessment of leaving the customs union before the cabinet took that decision?

Not a quantitative one, no, says Davis.

Q: Isn’t that extraordinary?

No, says Davis. He says the range of different outcomes it too wide. Some free trade agreements have been very effective, and others haven’t. Ministers had to take a judgment. That is what thy did, he says.

Davis says cabinet took decision to leave the customs unions without an analysis of the economic impact.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jose posted:

Q: Did the government undertake an assessment of leaving the customs union before the cabinet took that decision?

Not a quantitative one, no, says Davis.

Q: Isn’t that extraordinary?

No, says Davis. He says the range of different outcomes it too wide. Some free trade agreements have been very effective, and others haven’t. Ministers had to take a judgment. That is what thy did, he says.

Davis says cabinet took decision to leave the customs unions without an analysis of the economic impact.

This is the bit where Homer assumes he can cover the elephant's food bills by charging for elephant rides.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
to be fair the boost to the economy from all the european university students now being charged international student fees and being barred from student loan company access would be pretty solid

if you’re an EU guy considering getting a degree you should apply to england now, get a loan, finish the degree and move back to europe. lol if they’re ever seeing any of that money after brexit

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

, get a loan, finish the degree and move back to europe. lol if they’re ever seeing any of that money after brexit

stop doxxing me

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the saddest loving deflection attempt ever

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the rich don't care about consequences in general because well, they are rich.

they will only understand the guillotine.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

2000AD is funny, they created judge dredd as a satire of hypermilitarized US policing but in dredd's america the death penalty is abolished and dredd only ever uses lethal force in self defence. the british comic book industry's wild, super-outrageous exaggeration of american law enforcement is still way, way less brutal than the actual us justice system
I mean the death penalty thing has already been talked about, but in terms of inspiration, Dredd's insane law and order tone (and indeed the sympathetic not-IRA in Strontium Dog) was way more to do with the Diplock courts and general immunity of the police in the Thatcher era than anything to do with the US.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hexyflexy posted:

Doesn't that totally gently caress him since he said they had.

yeah but hes in government so we just gotta hope he locks himserlf up haha

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

"we in the tory party respect honesty, parliament and the rule of law, that is why with a heavy heart we are dismissing all our MPs for being liars, thank you, blessings upon thee"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
PM Corbyn when pls?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Anta posted:

Oh if we could only have Corbyn instead of dry as gently caress centrist Gahr Støre. He's the leader of the labour party here, never elected to anything before he was appointed foreign minister and put in a safe seat.

Boring as hell and tried to make labour into conservative-light, lost a goddamn gimme of an election where every single left party gained, except labour.

That title is "Manhole covers: coins of the street"

hey wait hold on

are you telling me that the word in whatever language this is for "manhole cover" is "kumlokk"?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

World War Mammories posted:

hey wait hold on

are you telling me that the word in whatever language this is for "manhole cover" is "kumlokk"?

That sound you hear in the distance is cumshitter sprinting to this thread as fast as he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

are you telling me the english word for a sewer entry is called a "Man Hole"?