Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a good chance that a port wouldn't even be done by From, since they allegedly have three other games in the works, so it might actually run well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a good chance that a port wouldn't even be done by From, since they allegedly have three other games in the works, so it might actually run well.

But do we want that? Are we ready for a well running Souls game?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Olive! posted:

Wait, does this exist?

Maybe. probably not.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Olive! posted:

Wait, does this exist?

Rumors flew in spring that Miyazaki was going to reveal a CAG set in Mayan civilization where you could make your own weapons, but FROM has been mum on that and most other subjects since. As Sony has been using PSX in recent years both for reveals of prestige projects and for Japanese stuff that they plan to localize, many people expect there to be a PSX reveal of Miyazaki's next game which is supposedly a PS4 exclusive like Bloodborne was.

Cross your fingers.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I'm super curious to see what his next game is gonna be like after the last one was about how repeating the same thing over and over makes things decay until they're a shadow of their former glory and you should just let them die instead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm kind of skeptical of that whole "leak" because it was just one guy, and he said it was about to be announced at E3. I guess he was some trusted reddit source or something, so it's possible he just guessed wrong on when it would be revealed. As far as I'm concerned we are totally in the dark though.

Iirc it was supposedly hand to hand combat where you customize your move set.

I really hope they announce more than one thing, including their VR game finally.

hampig posted:

I'm super curious to see what his next game is gonna be like after the last one was about how repeating the same thing over and over makes things decay until they're a shadow of their former glory and you should just let them die instead.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. The stupid way.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
The DLC is even about creating something brand new. Don't see why you have to take offense, it wasn't me who made it!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm kind of skeptical of that whole "leak" because it was just one guy, and he said it was about to be announced at E3. I guess he was some trusted reddit source or something, so it's possible he just guessed wrong on when it would be revealed. As far as I'm concerned we are totally in the dark though.

Sony's E3 felt like it was changed at the last moment this year, like they had a big reveal that was pulled and so they threw another Spiderman trailer up in its place because they're already in the lead anyways and who cares.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

hampig posted:

The DLC is even about creating something brand new. Don't see why you have to take offense, it wasn't me who made it!

Well, clearly he want's to make something else and I agree Dark Souls has run it's course for now. Dark Souls 3 is a loving incredible game that was a perfect way to end the series though. I thought you were making a low rent dig at it as it's not uncommon itt.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sony's E3 felt like it was changed at the last moment this year, like they had a big reveal that was pulled and so they threw another Spiderman trailer up in its place because they're already in the lead anyways and who cares.

It's possible. I'm just not really convinced either way about it.

You might be underestimating how hype people are for that Spideman game. Not me, I mean it looks cool but people are losing there marbles over it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 6, 2017

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
Not at all, I thought it was poetic and great way to end the series, and he's certainly not the first person to express a similar sentiment :)

e: I can see how it might've looked snarky instead of earnest, but yeah, I honestly wonder whether he's just done with Souls or done with that whole style of game.

hampig fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 6, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My bad. Sorry.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Word of warning: Jak II’s PS2 classic release is horribly broken. Wait before you buy it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I guess that's one way of looking at it. The stupid way.

it's a recurring theme in all of the dark souls games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know, I just completely misread the intent of his post.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40BtZVyz8YY

seriously, it's really, REALLY bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Jak 2 is really bad

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sony is really bad (at handling this stuff on PS4)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah Jak 2 is really bad

look, you can have whatever opinion of the game you want, but the point is that they've clearly made it worse than it was before.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Gonna play EDF5 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 in about five hours. There will be manly beatdowns, the only difference is whether it's fists on gangsters or missiles on aliens.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If you willingly play Jak 2 in 2017 you deserve what you get.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gonna play EDF5 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 in about five hours. There will be manly beatdowns, the only difference is whether it's fists on gangsters or missiles on aliens.

To save our mother earth from any alien attack!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

When's the PlayStation Experience thingy show?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Seedge posted:

When's the PlayStation Experience thingy show?

Friday 8pm?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Let us know how Kiwami 2 plays 😁

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

veni veni veni posted:

If they put out dark souls on switch and it ran as lovely as it did on last gen consoles no one would care and would buy it anyways. I know I would. Portable dark souls would rule.

The Switch has 8x the RAM of the 360/PS3, there is no reason for it to run badly. That would be entirely on From's shoulders. Mario Odyssey runs at 60fps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres zero chance from would do the porting

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

^^^^ Then that would up the % of crappy port. I hope not because Dark Souls 1 on a switch would be a great reason to justify getting one.

MZ posted:

The Switch has 8x the RAM of the 360/PS3, there is no reason for it to run badly. That would be entirely on From's shoulders. Mario Odyssey runs at 60fps.

I don't think it's a matter of RAM. My PC has 16gb DDR3 and DS1 and 3 (because they share engine and code) can get choppy sometimes while DS2 SoTFS is always buttery smooth. It is always on FROM's shoulders and this is coming from someone that loves every Bloodsouls they made.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Let us know how Kiwami 2 plays 😁
I already know from the demo that it plays like 6, which is a significant improvement from anything before.

Edit: there were no boss fights in the demo though so I dunno about that yet.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guillermus posted:

^^^^ Then that would up the % of crappy port. I hope not because Dark Souls 1 on a switch would be a great reason to justify getting one.

Another developer doing the port would actually increase the likelihood of it running well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jak II is better than GTA III probably at least as good as Vice City.

You have better movement abilities, the gun//mod system is awesome and you get awesome super powers.

People hate on Jak II because it has some hard racing missions and horde mode missions but the game is actually fun and mechanically engaging and that port being lovely is bummertown

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It would be could to me if a dark souls 1 remaster came to ps4 cuz i haven't played any dark souls game ana my ps3 is borked

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Jak II is better than GTA III probably at least as good as Vice City.

what the gently caress

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

It would be could to me if a dark souls 1 remaster came to ps4 cuz i haven't played any dark souls game ana my ps3 is borked
3 of the 5 Soulsborne games are on the PS4, though, including the best ones (2 and Bloodborne, obviously.)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Akuma posted:

3 of the 5 Soulsborne games are on the PS4, though, including the best ones (2 and Bloodborne, obviously.)

Yeah I keep meaning to get ds2:sotfs but been hesitant to pull the trigger for some reason. 😌

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Leaked: New Portal game coming to PS4

https://youtu.be/5O-hLjRiBoY

gently caress valve

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vave: salting all wounds since 2007.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rinkles posted:

gently caress valve

Valve presents Portal 3: GWENT

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

gently caress valve

Portal 2 is my most favourite game. I am hoping this is a sort of joke advert for something bigger because otherwise it is such a strange thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Portal 2 is my most favourite game. I am hoping this is a sort of joke advert for something bigger because otherwise it is such a strange thing.

Sometimes the things you love change like getting into drugs or becoming about LEGO cart racing (BANJO KAZOOOOOOOOOIE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everyone always says that at Valve there are no managers and everyone's free to work on whatever they want, an announcement like this should not be a surprise.